Home

Why don’t CNN/MSNBC report this?
1, 2  Next

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Cheiny

Post  Thu, Jul 04 2019, 2:15 pm
https://www.foxnews.com/entert.....-left

Nor do those so-called news sources plan to show the 4th of July celebration at the White House. No wonder their ratings are in the tank while Fox leads all the leftist news sources combine. People want to know and not be treated like they’re idiots and need the fake news media to censor or decide what they should hear and see. Fox always presents both sides, and has liberals commentators as well as conservative ones. Try to find a conservative host or guest on any of the liberal, 24/7 Trump-hating “news” outlets. Fake news is a very accurate description of what they present.

shyshira

Post  Thu, Jul 04 2019, 2:57 pm
Welcome back from your CNN bashing, Fox promoting vacation Cheiny.

Fox

Post  Thu, Jul 04 2019, 3:05 pm
This is probably the most important subject that no one on Imamother has much interest in discussing.

Forget the cable news networks. They're the least of the problem.

The bigger problem is censorship and manipulation on the part of Google, Facebook, Twitter, and their subsidiaries.

* Whistleblowers from Google have confirmed and provided email and audio evidence of Google's Jen Gennai explaining that breaking up Google into smaller companies would be bad because, "all these smaller companies who don’t have the same resources that we do will be charged with preventing the next Trump situation, it’s like a small company cannot do that."

* Want to see the video? Not so easy! YouTube (which is owned by Google) took it down.

* YouTube has also demonetized virtually every right-of-center major YouTube account, often marking them as "unsuitable for advertisers" or claiming they violate "community standards." Examples include Prager Institute videos and Dave Rubin.

* Meanwhile, Google's "Machine Learning Fairness" is AI that targets "wrong" opinions, making sure that fewer people are able to search for or access them.

* Facebook, which also owns Instagram, regularly suspends or shuts down accounts for posting a picture or even posting about a banned public figure.

* Pinterest, though not such a major player in social media, was caught after a whistleblower described how they classify anything they disagree with (in the most notable example, a pro-life account) as "p0rn" in order to suspend or ban it.

* Organizations such as Sleeping Giants organize online mobs to intimidate companies into deplatforming and de-personing people with whom they disagree. Most recently, they have pressured Chase Bank and Mastercard to decline to provide services to anyone who doesn't hold the "right" opinions.

* Twitter continues to allow Antifa organizations to dox and threaten violence -- the reason "mini-AOC" decided to leave social media. The recent attack on journalist Andy Ngo was coordinated on Twitter, as have various other actions, including "milkshaking" anyone they target.

* Twitter, of course, is infamous for their suspensions, bannings, and purges. What is not receiving much attention is that their AI has gotten better, too. This week, I started experiencing shadow banning for the first time. In other words, people who follow me simply didn't get my tweets in their feed.

In the past, this has been a problem for big accounts with hundreds of thousands of followers. A few weeks ago, everyone noticed that it was affecting accounts with tens of thousands of followers. Now, it's affecting little nothing accounts like mine. No human cares about my piddly little account; what is happening is that the AI checks who I follow and who follows me. If I associate with too many people who have "wrong" opinions, then my account is muted to one degree or another.

President Trump is hosting a social media summit on July 11 and has invited a number of prominent people who have experienced shadow-banning. Unfortunately, he hasn't invited any of the people who've actually been banned, and that's a significant problem.

If you think none of this will affect you, I have bad news: organizations like Sleeping Giants want to move us closer to a de facto "social credit" score, where your ability to engage in a variety of transactions is determined by your adherence to certain attitudes regarding everything from gender roles to religious practices. And if you think that is likely to result in good news for Orthodox Jews, you are sadly misinformed about what the people who program the AI consider to be the "right" attitudes.

roses

Post  Thu, Jul 04 2019, 3:15 pm
Ok, we get it.

Trump is the best.
Fox news is the best.
Anyone who doesn't love both of them and agree with both of them are total loser idiots.
All other opinions, including all other media outlet, fit right into the idiot loser camp as well.
Oh, except for Breitbart.

Thanks, Cheiny.
We got it
Can we move on now? Please?

roses

Post  Thu, Jul 04 2019, 3:16 pm
Oh, and thanks for reminding us all.
A refresher is always helpful

1untamedgirl

Post  Thu, Jul 04 2019, 3:18 pm
Fox wrote:
This is probably the most important subject that no one on Imamother has much interest in discussing.

Forget the cable news networks. They're the least of the problem.

The bigger problem is censorship and manipulation on the part of Google, Facebook, Twitter, and their subsidiaries.

* Whistleblowers from Google have confirmed and provided email and audio evidence of Google's Jen Gennai explaining that breaking up Google into smaller companies would be bad because, "all these smaller companies who don’t have the same resources that we do will be charged with preventing the next Trump situation, it’s like a small company cannot do that."

* Want to see the video? Not so easy! YouTube (which is owned by Google) took it down.

* YouTube has also demonetized virtually every right-of-center major YouTube account, often marking them as "unsuitable for advertisers" or claiming they violate "community standards." Examples include Prager Institute videos and Dave Rubin.

* Meanwhile, Google's "Machine Learning Fairness" is AI that targets "wrong" opinions, making sure that fewer people are able to search for or access them.

* Facebook, which also owns Instagram, regularly suspends or shuts down accounts for posting a picture or even posting about a banned public figure.

* Pinterest, though not such a major player in social media, was caught after a whistleblower described how they classify anything they disagree with (in the most notable example, a pro-life account) as "p0rn" in order to suspend or ban it.

* Organizations such as Sleeping Giants organize online mobs to intimidate companies into deplatforming and de-personing people with whom they disagree. Most recently, they have pressured Chase Bank and Mastercard to decline to provide services to anyone who doesn't hold the "right" opinions.

* Twitter continues to allow Antifa organizations to dox and threaten violence -- the reason "mini-AOC" decided to leave social media. The recent attack on journalist Andy Ngo was coordinated on Twitter, as have various other actions, including "milkshaking" anyone they target.

* Twitter, of course, is infamous for their suspensions, bannings, and purges. What is not receiving much attention is that their AI has gotten better, too. This week, I started experiencing shadow banning for the first time. In other words, people who follow me simply didn't get my tweets in their feed.

In the past, this has been a problem for big accounts with hundreds of thousands of followers. A few weeks ago, everyone noticed that it was affecting accounts with tens of thousands of followers. Now, it's affecting little nothing accounts like mine. No human cares about my piddly little account; what is happening is that the AI checks who I follow and who follows me. If I associate with too many people who have "wrong" opinions, then my account is muted to one degree or another.

President Trump is hosting a social media summit on July 11 and has invited a number of prominent people who have experienced shadow-banning. Unfortunately, he hasn't invited any of the people who've actually been banned, and that's a significant problem.

If you think none of this will affect you, I have bad news: organizations like Sleeping Giants want to move us closer to a de facto "social credit" score, where your ability to engage in a variety of transactions is determined by your adherence to certain attitudes regarding everything from gender roles to religious practices. And if you think that is likely to result in good news for Orthodox Jews, you are sadly misinformed about what the people who program the AI consider to be the "right" attitudes.

Sounds like you are describing the KGB. If that is not the case, then how is it different than the KGB?

egam

Post  Thu, Jul 04 2019, 3:24 pm
roses wrote:
Ok, we get it.

Trump is the best.
Fox news is the best.
Anyone who doesn't love both of them and agree with both of them are total loser idiots.
All other opinions, including all other media outlet, fit right into the idiot loser camp as well.
Oh, except for Breitbart.

Thanks, Cheiny.
We got it
Can we move on now? Please?

Did you even bother to read the article linked in the original post? I’ll fill you in. It’s about 8 year old girl receiving death threats for impersonating AOC.

ectomorph

Post  Thu, Jul 04 2019, 3:25 pm
Google is the KGB. They just don't have power yet to torture people.

flowerpower

Post  Thu, Jul 04 2019, 3:25 pm
Youtube and Facebook will remove anything that isn’t on their side. I see it time and time again. Mark Dice said Youtube kept hiding his videos.

Fox

Post  Thu, Jul 04 2019, 3:30 pm
1untamedgirl wrote:
Sounds like you are describing the KGB. If that is not the case, then how is it different than the KGB?

It is precisely like the KGB. Totalitarianism never shows up at the door, knocks politely, and says, "Hey, do you mind if I hang out and attempt to control every aspect of your actions and thoughts?"

Rather, it shows up and says, "Don't you see all the problems in the world? Don't you care about people suffering? If you really care, you'll give us the power we need to eradicate all the bad ideas and actions that lead to that suffering!"

The Soviet Union and the KGB didn't develop because the Russian people said, "Why, yes! We'd like to be alternately starved to death and have every move documented by a secret police!"

Rather, the Soviet Union emerged as the "solution" to the injustices and backwardness of czarist Russia. "Wouldn't you prefer to be owners in the means of production rather than abused serfs?" But, of course, absolute power corrupts absolutely, and once that power is given and/or seized, it's a pretty quick march to Stalinism.

gingertop

Post  Thu, Jul 04 2019, 3:31 pm
Please stop with ridiculous historical analogies. Says more about the people making them than about the issue at hand.

Fox

Post  Thu, Jul 04 2019, 3:32 pm
gingertop wrote:
Please stop with ridiculous historical analogies. Says more about the people making them than about the issue at hand.

Clarify, please . . .

gingertop

Post  Thu, Jul 04 2019, 3:34 pm
Read The Gulag Archipelago by Solzhenitsyn.
Or The Mission by Chaim Eliav (novel but about the true events of heroic people who brought Yiddishkeit into the USSR- I know some of the volunteers.)

gingertop

Post  Thu, Jul 04 2019, 3:36 pm
Fox wrote:
Clarify, please . . .

Social media corporations are in no way comparable to KGB and it's so ridiculous to draw such a comparison that it's not even insulting, just embarrassing to see.

ectomorph

Post  Thu, Jul 04 2019, 3:41 pm
Fox wrote:
It is precisely like the KGB. Totalitarianism never shows up at the door, knocks politely, and says, "Hey, do you mind if I hang out and attempt to control every aspect of your actions and thoughts?"

Rather, it shows up and says, "Don't you see all the problems in the world? Don't you care about people suffering? If you really care, you'll give us the power we need to eradicate all the bad ideas and actions that lead to that suffering!"

The Soviet Union and the KGB didn't develop because the Russian people said, "Why, yes! We'd like to be alternately starved to death and have every move documented by a secret police!"

Rather, the Soviet Union emerged as the "solution" to the injustices and backwardness of czarist Russia. "Wouldn't you prefer to be owners in the means of production rather than abused serfs?" But, of course, absolute power corrupts absolutely, and once that power is given and/or seized, it's a pretty quick march to Stalinism.

Are you against bad speech? Give us power to regulate speech. We promise we won't shut your bank accounts if you criticize us.

Citibank and Chase are now shutting down and freezing money in right wing accounts.

Fox

Post  Thu, Jul 04 2019, 3:47 pm
gingertop wrote:
Read The Gulag Archipelago by Solzhenitsyn.
Or The Mission by Chaim Eliav (novel but about the true events of heroic people who brought Yiddishkeit into the USSR- I know some of the volunteers.)

I read The Gulag Archipelago when it came out.

But I'm not sure I'm seeing your point. If it seems like the analogies are extreme, that's precisely what I'm trying to say.

The system that led to the gulags of the Soviet Union did not start out that way -- it started out as a reaction to a very real, very legitimate problem. But once totalitarianism is put in place, even in minor ways, it digs in its claws and expands its reach.

A couple of years ago, I was roundly made fun of here on Imamother when I mentioned shadow-banning. "Oh, there goes Fox with her crazy conspiracy theories!" Yet within a year of those posts, Jack Dorsey was being called before Congress to answer questions about the practice (he lied, by the way). What seemed absurd in 2016 was a ho-hum fact in 2017.

In 2017, it would have seemed ridiculous that a bank would close your account because you associate with people they've been told are bad. But Chase Bank has now admitted to doing precisely this.

Each increment of control is always put in place for everyone's good, and it often takes a near-miraculous set of events for individuals and nations to reclaim that control.

flowerpower

Post  Thu, Jul 04 2019, 3:50 pm
Only the left is allowed to have freedom of speech. Why is it ok for a big baby Trump balloon to fly in Washington DC today? I can’t imagine getting a permit had it been a baby Obama balloon.

roses

Post  Thu, Jul 04 2019, 3:56 pm
egam wrote:
Did you even bother to read the article linked in the original post? I’ll fill you in. It’s about 8 year old girl receiving death threats for impersonating AOC.

K, thanks.
Gosh, it's so hard to focus on that amidst the whining about Trump's fourth of July celebrations and the Fox News propoganda

Fox

Post  Thu, Jul 04 2019, 3:56 pm
gingertop wrote:
Social media corporations are in no way comparable to KGB and it's so ridiculous to draw such a comparison that it's not even insulting, just embarrassing to see.

Correct. They are analogous to the Russian Communist Party, which began post-1917 to drown out any opinions that were deemed "counter-revolutionary."

You seem to think that the KGB and its excesses emerged fully developed in October 1917. It didn't. It was a gradual process, with each small increment being almost imperceptible in people's lives. Moreover, each small incremental control was defended with thoroughly logical explanations.

As Ectomorph said, Google doesn't have the power to torture or imprison us. But if you think they would turn down such power, then you're truly ignoring history.

gingertop

Post  Thu, Jul 04 2019, 3:57 pm
I think that this analogy 1- is disrespectful of the people who suffered and died under the KGB 2- confuses private corporations with a govt with absolute control 3- makes me tune out any consideration I would give to any issue

I was just in Ukraine and visited some of the shuls and cemeteries there and was reminded once again how the Soviets so salted the earth for Hitler's few survivors. We also used to have FSU girls over for Shabbos (I was friendly with a teacher of a school that recently closed). The amount these girls had to fight for every teeny bit of their heritage (and normalcy in general) makes me balk at shadow-banning as a comparison to being sent to the Gulags for learning alef beis.

I can argue for days about the most trivial of issues but the minute the comparisons to literal MASS murderers come out, it warps the issue so badly that I just can't.

This is a friendly PSA that some people get turned off. Ze hu.
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h