Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Son only makes number2 in underwear...did u have this?..HELP

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 3:39 pm
My ds is toilet trained at 3.5. I just trained him but when he gets home from camp, he always makes number 2 in his underwear. So, after two days of this, I kept him on toilet right after camp for two hrs(he was alternating between potty and toilet and watching movies), but he didnt make number two until I put on the underwear.

I never had this with my older son, and I don't know what to do.

He is always making wet in the toilet but purposely making number two only in underwear.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 3:42 pm
One of my kids asked for a diaper for # 2 until he was 5 and decided to go in the toilet. So instead of going to the toilet he'd ask me for a diaper, I'd give it to him, and he'd make. It didn't bother me. It was his choice and I did not want to pressure him.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 3:44 pm
Did you ask him what he likes about underwear vs toilet?

emmes

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 3:45 pm
He might be afraid. Have the same thing with dd, but she's younger. I insert a suppository and have her sit on the toilet until it comes out, 10-15 min. Hopefully she'll get over her fear soon and start asking.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 3:56 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
One of my kids asked for a diaper for # 2 until he was 5 and decided to go in the toilet. So instead of going to the toilet he'd ask me for a diaper, I'd give it to him, and he'd make. It didn't bother me. It was his choice and I did not want to pressure him.

But then how did your child go to school at 4? Most schools insist kids be toilet trained for school at four.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 4:00 pm
emmes wrote:
He might be afraid. Have the same thing with dd, but she's younger. I insert a suppository and have her sit on the toilet until it comes out, 10-15 min. Hopefully she'll get over her fear soon and start asking.

Where do I get suppository?
And, yes, maybe he's afraid....im not sure.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 4:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
But then how did your child go to school at 4? Most schools insist kids be toilet trained for school at four.

My dd did it too and she went to school. She was trained for #1 and she never did it in school. ( I didn’t even tell school about it ) Bh she outgrew it . Don’t remember how old she was

Rappel

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 4:08 pm
My son (just trained, my only experience) was afraid of sitting on the toilet. So I bought him a potty. He used it once, declared it "ichsa!" And chose the toilet ever since.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 4:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

He was toilet trained. He asked for the diaper and made #2 in it. This always occured outside of school hours as his #2 had a regular schedule.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 4:21 pm
Some kids are afraid because they feel like a piece of their body is falling in the toilet, so they feel more secure going in their underwear or daiper where they don't feel anything fall.
I had this with DD and we also gave her suppositories. It resolved after afew days bh.

emmes

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 6:40 pm
Otc at pharmacy or supermarket. There are smaller ones for kids. I cut a pc off of an adult one.
When she is done I show her how the 'ho-ho' goes away when she flushes.

Also, when she has an accident I use disposable gloves to clean her up and she doesn't like it. So I make sure to point out to her that when she makes on the toilet that she stayed more clean and don't need the gloves.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 6:44 pm
He’s scared. This is a very new concept to him.

Give him time.

But an extra pair of underwear so you can throw them right into the garbage.

unexpected

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 8:02 pm
Ditto for the diaper. One of my kids used it for years. The suppository sounds like it could make a scary thing scarier. Also it's not something you should do long term.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 8:06 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
My dd did it too and she went to school. She was trained for #1 and she never did it in school. ( I didn’t even tell school about it ) Bh she outgrew it . Don’t remember how old she was

Very interesting. My son is very smart and I think hes specifically holding it in until he gets home.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 8:07 pm
Rappel wrote:
My son (just trained, my only experience) was afraid of sitting on the toilet. So I bought him a potty. He used it once, declared it "ichsa!" And chose the toilet ever since.

My son has a potty. He uses the potty or toilet for urine but not for #2.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 8:08 pm
OP, most kids go on a schedule and many many kids don't go in school. Even my older kids don't go in school and the body gets used to go after school timing. So it doesn't mean he's holding it in.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 8:11 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Some kids are afraid because they feel like a piece of their body is falling in the toilet, so they feel more secure going in their underwear or daiper where they don't feel anything fall.
I had this with DD and we also gave her suppositories. It resolved after afew days bh.

Thanks for this explanation. I think this may be why he is scared. It makes sense.

I will have to try suppositories but will probably have to wait until camp is over....

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 8:13 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
OP, most kids go on a schedule and many many kids don't go in school. Even my older kids don't go in school and the body gets used to go after school timing. So it doesn't mean he's holding it in.

I think hes holding it in bec he made #2 right after he came home mon n tues. But when I made him sit on the potty at that same time on wed, he didnt make #2.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 8:18 pm
emmes wrote:
Otc at pharmacy or supermarket. There are smaller ones for kids. I cut a pc off of an adult one.
When she is done I show her how the 'ho-ho' goes away when she flushes.

Also, when she has an accident I use disposable gloves to clean her up and she doesn't like it. So I make sure to point out to her that when she makes on the toilet that she stayed more clean and don't need the gloves.

Thanks for this info.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 9:08 pm
How verbal is he? Can you try to get him to explain what is going on with him?

Try mixing a tablespoon of prune juice into his regular juice, and that should get things moving more comfortably.

I had to sit and read stories to DD for 45 minutes, and when she forgot she was on the toilet, she went number 2 without even trying. She was so surprised that it was that easy!

She got candy, a dollar store prize, and the next day we went shopping for Hello Kitty underwear. She never had any more accidents, and only wanted me too read to her for 5 minutes or less. Eventually she would sit and read to herself until she was done.

I put a magazine rack with her favorite stories next to the toilet. That's all it takes.

Oh, and I let her put a sticker on the underside of the toilet lid. She liked to see all of her "successes" there, and it boosted her confidence. She was never one for sticker charts.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training