Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Gutting a bathroom

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 7:56 pm
Has anyone gutted and redone a full bathroom recently? How long did it take and around how much was it and what did it include? Who’s a recommended contractor?

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 9:28 am
I just finished a gut remodel of two bathrooms. I don't live near you so I don't have any recommendations.

I would advise that you go to houzz.com as the forums provide excellent advice as I spent an enormous amount of time there when I was preparing for the remodel and during the remodel.

I used both a designer and a GC and they were both extremely helpful with both design and with helping me with Codes. There are so many decisions to make that I didn't even realize had to be made and so many pitfalls that can really be disastrous if not done properly - a shower is the single thing that is most done incorrectly in terms of water proofing and can silently endanger the structure of your entire home.

In terms of cost, it really is very difficult to give an estimate because so much is going to depend on the finishes that you choose since they can range from the cheapest - I.e. prefab fiberglass combination fiberglass shower/tub to luxurious marble counters. Do you want tile walls? All the details add up - toilet paper holders; toilet bars; shower fixtures; faucets; vanities; sconces; mirrors - and labor is expensive.

I can give advice that within reason you do NOT want to stint on quality of materials or labor because you get what you pay for - especially labor as plumbing, electrical, tile setting are all skilled labor and not to be done by people who hang out in the parking lot of Home Depot.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries