Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Love love love Brooklyn in the summer!!!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

dankbar

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 11:01 am
I had the supermarket for myself almost yesterday

dovebird

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 11:22 am
dankbar wrote:
I had the supermarket for myself almost yesterday

So it was just me and you! Now I know who you are Laugh

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 12:34 pm
dovebird wrote:
So it was just me and you! Now I know who you are Laugh
LOL

livinginflatbus

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 2:50 pm
For some reason I don’t find it as quiet as it usually is . For me nothing beats the country air but I don’t know if I could handle the bungalow colony life ; I need my space . However, there are many beautiful parks in Manhatten that don’t feel like your in the city .

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 3:45 pm
Hmm!! Thank you all for staying in the city with me!!! I absolutely HATE IT!!! Hate the quietness, especially Shabbos when the streets are somewhat EMPTY!! I get so excited hearing that people are here with me in Brooklyn 😊😊😊😊!!

amother
Purple

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 4:12 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
Hmm!! Thank you all for staying in the city with me!!! I absolutely HATE IT!!! Hate the quietness, especially Shabbos when the streets are somewhat EMPTY!! I get so excited hearing that people are here with me in Brooklyn 😊😊😊😊!!

Hey! I’m here hating it too. Come on over for shalishudis tomorrow lol!

Zehava

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 4:13 pm
livinginflatbus wrote:
For some reason I don’t find it as quiet as it usually is . For me nothing beats the country air but I don’t know if I could handle the bungalow colony life ; I need my space . However, there are many beautiful parks in Manhatten that don’t feel like your in the city .

I find that I get more space in the country. My kids are out most of the time.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 4:17 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6552681903701450752

I saw this and loved it so thought I'll share.

My filter is not allowing me to view the link. Can someone post a screenshot?

bobeli

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 4:32 pm
I love it too.
Anyone want to meet?
I mised the one in may and have more time now

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 5:07 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
My filter is not allowing me to view the link. Can someone post a screenshot?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 4:17 am
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
Hey! I’m here hating it too. Come on over for shalishudis tomorrow lol!

Lol! Another 7 Shabbosos to go this summer until everyone’s back bezras H’

nicole81

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 8:28 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
I never knew there were people who enjoyed it. I hate Brooklyn in the summer. It's humid and smells terrible, there's no grass and water, it's just miserable. But we can't afford to go away so Crying

What about the beach? Or Brooklyn Bridge Park and Governor's Island?

I guess it boils down to where in Brooklyn one lives... I have a backyard and front yard full of grass, I live 2 blocks from a natural body of water, and the only time I smell anything bad is when I stick my head into my outdoor garbage can the day before garbage pick up shock

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 8:51 am
nicole81 wrote:
What about the beach? Or Brooklyn Bridge Park and Governor's Island?

I guess it boils down to where in Brooklyn one lives... I have a backyard and front yard full of grass, I live 2 blocks from a natural body of water, and the only time I smell anything bad is when I stick my head into my outdoor garbage can the day before garbage pick up shock

So you sound like tou live in a nice spot in brooklyn. The only natural body of water anywhere close to my house is that puddle that the sewer didnt drain properly. Grass blades are through cracks in asphalt and just walking through the streets gives you a whiff of garbage aroma

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 8:54 am
So you sound like tou live in a nice spot in brooklyn. The only natural body of water anywhere close to my house is that puddle that the sewer didnt drain properly. Grass blades are through cracks in asphalt and just walking through the streets gives you a whiff of garbage aroma

Yup. Basically that.

I try making it to the parks but with a stroller on the subway in my third trimester makes it very very difficult. I wish I could just open my door and see trees and grass.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 10:48 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Yup. Basically that.

I try making it to the parks but with a stroller on the subway in my third trimester makes it very very difficult. I wish I could just open my door and see trees and grass.

Create yourself a little piece of heaven. Line your windowsill with little potted plants. Buy a rocker and sit nearby (before and after the baby).

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 1:26 pm
I love it too.
From the moment I woke up on Thursday a week ago I felt like my brain is literally expanding. I live in a condo and the noise level seemed to have dissipated in an instant. I wish it would be this way forever.

A relative of mine smilingly watched a family pack up to leave for the mountains. The husband told said relative that it seems you enjoy our absence so much that you need to pay us. To which he responded whilst spreading his arms widely, ‘this really has no price tag!’

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 2:19 pm
Well- if the streets are empty its because theyre all at the yeled gym! As I was leaving at one the doors opened and the mobs swarmed in!

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 4:32 pm
I had some errands to run but I waited till everyone left to do them. Ahhhhh the stores were empty and the salespeople had all the time in the world to help me. Love it!

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 4:44 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
I had some errands to run but I waited till everyone left to do them. Ahhhhh the stores were empty and the salespeople had all the time in the world to help me. Love it!

And we went to do errands, but alas! All stores were closed

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 4:48 pm
And we went to do errands, but alas! All stores were closed

Yeah the disadvantage is that most stores are closed on Fridays and Sundays. But during the week they're practically empty. A pleasure!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics