Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
ISO skinny pull on pants for my boys
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 12:42 pm
My boys are very skinny. One is too young to use any pants that are not easy pull on -pull off style. Another can do the ‘hook n loop’ closure, but still struggles with pants buttons. They’re both way way too old for leggings, and we don’t like the look of sweatpants or joggers. Having such a hard time finding chinos, or khakis, or just any nice regular pants that are easy to take on and off and come in skinny or at least slim fit.
I’m also on a very tight budget, need something cheap I can stock up on.
I’ve tried gap, old navy, children’s place, H&M & target. Children’s place has slim fit with the hook closure for my older one, but I’m really not crazy about the fit. For my younger one can’t find anything.
(I did find exactly what I want in landsend, but it’s triple what I can afford. Need in the $10 range.)

Moms of skinny preschoolers and early elementary school please advise!!!
Thanks!

OutATowner

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 12:44 pm
I don't have a store suggestion (was going to say H&M) but Landsend frequently has coupons for 40% off. If you get for your older son you should be able to pass them down, which I wouldn't say for the other stores.
Eta: Landsend.com has July 4 sale now.

monkeys

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 1:14 pm
Cat and jack (target) makes a fit called “super skinny.” I believe it starts at size 4. The skinny toddler jeans have a snap, not a button, and an adjustable waste band. The Zara pants also fit my boys well. I keep an eye out for sales and stock up.

gande

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 1:22 pm
Hannah anderson had nice ones with great reviews but its like $25

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 2:51 pm
monkeys wrote:
Cat and jack (target) makes a fit called “super skinny.” I believe it starts at size 4. The skinny toddler jeans have a snap, not a button, and an adjustable waste band. The Zara pants also fit my boys well. I keep an eye out for sales and stock up.

Just searched the cat & jack. Thanks for lead. They have jeans with a snap. Won’t work for my younger one though. Their skinnny chinos are all buttons. They have cat & jack pull up ones, but they’re not skinny!

Will check zara, they’re more then my budget but maybe on sale...

Sigh. Seems like such a simple thing, but so hard to find! Looking for regular khakis, chinos etc. that are skinny & pull on.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 2:52 pm
OutATowner wrote:
I don't have a store suggestion (was going to say H&M) but Landsend frequently has coupons for 40% off. If you get for your older son you should be able to pass them down, which I wouldn't say for the other stores.
Eta: Landsend.com has July 4 sale now.

Thank you!! We’re actually very tight now, was hoping to buy b4 school starts but not yet... guess I’ll keep my eyes out for sales.

monkeys

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 2:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Just searched the cat & jack. Thanks for lead. They have jeans with a snap. Won’t work for my younger one though. Their skinnny chinos are all buttons. They have cat & jack pull up ones, but they’re not skinny!

Will check zara, they’re more then my budget but maybe on sale...

Sigh. Seems like such a simple thing, but so hard to find! Looking for regular khakis, chinos etc. that are skinny & pull on.

I think the super skinny may be categorized as girls online. In the store they were in the boys section, so I bought them and loved them. When I searched online I found them under girls. The cat and jack pull up pants with the drawstring do have a skinny fit. My skinny 4 year old wears the size 3 skinny jeans with the snap. I think I saw the same ones with a drawstring too.
I also buy the old navy skinny uniform chinos, but they have buttons...

dankbar

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 3:04 pm
childrens place has reg slim & super skinny.

H&M usually has the skinny twill pants for $10

srbmom

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 3:04 pm
I've not been able to find such a thing. My DS also really likes pull-on. We tried multiple brands including Cat & Jack but have been unsuccessful.
I told him for this school year he's going to have to make a choice - skinny or pull-on

mha3484

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 3:09 pm
I have gotten nice pants at GAP for my son who is tall and skinny. They are not skinny pants but not baggy kind of in between.

They have ones that pull on and ones that button or snap.

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 3:12 pm
Not sure how old your kids are but I have been buying gap girl uniform stretch pants. They have a snap and zip but since it’s so stretchy they can just pull them on.
I can post link if needed.
Gap has great prices

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 5:09 pm
monkeys wrote:
I think the super skinny may be categorized as girls online. In the store they were in the boys section, so I bought them and loved them. When I searched online I found them under girls. The cat and jack pull up pants with the drawstring do have a skinny fit. My skinny 4 year old wears the size 3 skinny jeans with the snap. I think I saw the same ones with a drawstring too.
I also buy the old navy skinny uniform chinos, but they have buttons...

Ty! Are the super skinny ones pull up?
If u find them can u pls post a link for the super skinny, and the skinny drawstring ones? Tysm!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 5:11 pm
dankbar wrote:
childrens place has reg slim & super skinny.

H&M usually has the skinny twill pants for $10

If u find the h&m can u post a link? Didn’t notice anything online. Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 5:13 pm
srbmom wrote:
I've not been able to find such a thing. My DS also really likes pull-on. We tried multiple brands including Cat & Jack but have been unsuccessful.
I told him for this school year he's going to have to make a choice - skinny or pull-on

My boys don’t even notice if they’re skinny or not... it’s for me, I don’t like them looking shlumpy.
Wish I could teach them to do buttons already. The older one can do shirt buttons easily, not sure y this is harder... but they already tend to be lazy about going to the bathroom, don’t want buttons that may make it harder for them...

OutATowner

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 5:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you!! We’re actually very tight now, was hoping to buy b4 school starts but not yet... guess I’ll keep my eyes out for sales.

They almost always have a coupon for at least one item, if you want to break it up over a few weeks. I would recommend signing up for their emails even if you get a few a week to stay updated. You can unsubscribe after if you want. Hatzlacha!

monkeys

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 5:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If u find the h&m can u post a link? Didn’t notice anything online. Thanks!

Are your boys active? My boys tear straight through the knees almost immediately with the H&M pants.
I’ll try to post the target ones when I have a moment.

behappy2

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 6:25 pm
I don't know about skinny but always found pull ons in osh kosh and Carter's.

simba

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 6:35 pm
If you have a Primark near you they have a great Skinny pants for boys in the $10 range.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 05 2019, 6:41 pm
simba wrote:
If you have a Primark near you they have a great Skinny pants for boys in the $10 range.

I don’t, do they have a website?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics