Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Do siblings need to be invited to sheva brachos
Previous  1  2

amother
Burgundy

Post Sat, Jul 06 2019, 9:21 pm
I think it's ok to just invite the teens. After all, an 18 year old is closer in age to the kallah than the sibs on your side, it would be rude to treat them like little kids. But really there is no reason to have a 2 year old running around.

notshanarishona

Post Sat, Jul 06 2019, 11:18 pm
I dont remember ever having a sheva brachos without some of chosson and kallah's siblings there. Sometimes one or two will decide not to come but I think it's rude not go give them a choice . Unless they have like 20 kids and then you can maybe limit it to kids over 10.

yerushamama

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 1:18 am
Most parents wouldn't want to bring young kids to every night of sheva brachos. Telling them that is is an adult sheva brachos leaves them with the option of bringing those they feel are old enough to enjoy an evening with adults - but maybe let them decide which kids to bring. It would be completely appropriate to ask them to let you know who they are bringing - or at least how many.

Raisin

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 2:22 am
I would err on the side of inviting all the siblings. You can say this is more geared towards adults and no other kids are invited, the parents can decide whether or not to bring their little ones. Unless the kallah has triplet siblings, how many little kids are we talking about?

Since this is their first wedding they may not be suffering from simcha burnout yet and may be hurt to be excluded.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 5:22 am
Raisin wrote:
I would err on the side of inviting all the siblings. You can say this is more geared towards adults and no other kids are invited, the parents can decide whether or not to bring their little ones. Unless the kallah has triplet siblings, how many little kids are we talking about?

Since this is their first wedding they may not be suffering from simcha burnout yet and may be hurt to be excluded.

8 siblings

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 6:17 am
I have made many Sheva Brochos with limited space. Most Bal Simcha parents are happy to let children go to sleep one night, on time. I invited the grandparents, Mechitunim, and the two oldest children. It was always graciously understood. One major factor, DONT EXCUSE YOURSELF, A MILLION TIMES!!!....its no big deal. Enjoy your Simcha, focus on making this a beautiful and tasty Sheva Bruches.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 8:57 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
In the chassidish world it's accepted that you invite just the siblings from the side making the sheva brachos. And if your kids are not invited, you don't need to invite their kids.

Im chassidish and we invite the siblings from the other side too

agreer

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 10:20 am
I think you can invite whoever you want and not worry so much. You do not have to invite any of the kallah's siblings. In fact, if you leave the teenagers home, the parents will have whom to babysit the younger kids.

If space is the issue, don't invite them at all and don't feel guilty.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics