Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Life hacks you actually use
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 12  13  14  Next

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 1:17 pm
dankbar wrote:
Arnica is great.

Dont have a bottle of graffitti remover right now Ran out. Need to get more. It has colorful letters on it. I bought it by House & home hardware store in Wmsbg.

This one from Krud Mutter? Thanks!
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Kr.....Smart|71700000048001153|58700004793621602|92700041080546149&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=CjwKCAjwsIbpBRBNEiwAZF8-z8SPbpPx-S_zCWWSsainsi_M7al-b5Opdsfisf-RmiNtFUe8wpYyUBoCCYgQAvD_BwE

dankbar

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 1:22 pm
mine looked like this bottle

Dina2018

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 1:22 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
When DD wets the bed I soak her bedsheets in water and vinegar before putting it into the washing machine. Gets rid of the smell and doesn't transfer smell onto other clothes in the wash.

I use sunflower oil to remove my eye makeup because I'm too cheap to buy something in the drugstore. It gets the job done!

I put babies' clothes on inside out so that the tags and seams don't irritate their sensitive skin.

I rub used teabags on sore eyes.

Not really a lifehack but a tip for others - I used to have a lazy cleaning lady so I replaced her with a robot vacuum (like this one) and it changed my life. It glides under beds and sofas where she couldn't be bothered to clean. It even speaks English! When it's finished, it goes 'home' by itself. Best invention ever. I just pick up what I can from the floor, put it running and go for a nap. Wake up, do a quick whizz around with floor cleaner and I'm done.

Theres is a vacuum cleaner just like this that also clean the floor with water after vacuuming, no whizz around afterwords necessary

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 1:24 pm
Not sure if this is a hack but I make hard boiled eggs by baking it in the oven for 30 minutes on 350. Comes out perfect every time and I dont need to keep an eye on a pot

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 1:24 pm
dankbar wrote:
mine looked like this bottle

Thank you! I'm going to try it. I faded a small spot on a denim skirt this Friday, removing paint and permanent glue.

Last edited by ra_mom on Sun, Jul 07 2019, 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Red

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 1:29 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Not sure if this is a hack but I make hard boiled eggs by baking it in the oven for 30 minutes on 350. Comes out perfect every time and I dont need to keep an eye on a pot

Do you put it in a disposable cupcake pan with water?

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 1:34 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:

You make baked eggs, not hard boiled eggs. Hard boiled eggs are boiled.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 1:36 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
Do you put it in a disposable cupcake pan with water?

I put it in a disposable cupcake pan but with no water. Doesnt necessarily need to be in a cupcake pan thats disposable
when the oven is done, put the eggs into cold water so it cools off quick and also so the shells come off a lot easier

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 1:37 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
You make baked eggs, not hard boiled eggs. Hard boiled eggs are boiled.

Ok fine. well it tastes exactly like hard boiled eggs

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 1:37 pm
Dina2018 wrote:
Theres is a vacuum cleaner just like this that also clean the floor with water after vacuuming, no whizz around afterwords necessary

darn, I knew there had to be a better solution.
Oh well, maximum it gives me a bit of a workout!

amother
Red

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 1:38 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
I put it in a disposable cupcake pan but with no water. Doesnt necessarily need to be in a cupcake pan thats disposable
when the oven is done, put the eggs into cold water so it cools off quick and also so the shells come off a lot easier

Thank you. Will try it.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 1:39 pm
Dina2018 wrote:

Have you used it? Does it work well? Do you have a product name/link?

amother
Red

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 1:39 pm
mfb wrote:
Hydrogen peroxide to clean off fresh blood stains. Works like magic. Keep pouring a little at a time until the stain is gone.

I used to use this too until I discovered windex years ago. It works much faster and better.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 1:43 pm
Keep a cheap electric toothbrush in the laundry room for stain removal. Apply Shout/Spray N Wash etc to the spot and use the toothbrush to magically lift the stain off the fabric. No elbow grease necessary!

dankbar

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 1:46 pm
I wrap tzitzis strings in silver paper when washing so they shouldnt tangle

dankbar

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 1:47 pm
I heard people succesfully make sauteed onions & apple compote in oven

dankbar

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 1:48 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Keep a cheap electric toothbrush in the laundry room for stain removal. Apply Shout/Spray N Wash etc to the spot and use the toothbrush to magically lift the stain off the fabric. No elbow grease necessary!

genius

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 2:27 pm
I use an air horn to keep out unwanted guests.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004.....erb_1

Quote:
120 Decibel volume with 1 mile audible distance.

Speechless
Speechless
Speechless
Speechless
Speechless
Just Kidding!

Tongue Out

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 2:31 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
darn, I knew there had to be a better solution.
Oh well, maximum it gives me a bit of a workout!

I also realized it after we‘ve bought the vacuum one, so maybe will buy the other one too, one will vacuum and the other clean the floor then switch rooms

Dina2018

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 2:34 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Have you used it? Does it work well? Do you have a product name/link?

my parents use and are satisfied, they havent used it yet on wooden floor only on tiles although you can use it on any type of floor.
Page 4 of 14   Previous  1  2  3  4  5 12  13  14  Next Recent Topics