Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
THANK YOU HASHEM, miracle/hashgacha story

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 6:51 am
Let me start with a little background
My husband is a Rav of an OOT Syrian Community, hard core Syrian. This means we keep to the edict of conversion.
B”H, He is also a cancer survivor, B”H
His daily classes are on line and has a large virtual audience.

On Friday, the office gets a phone call. This man needs to speak to the Rabbi ASAP, it’s a life and death situation.
My husband gets on the phone immediately.
The man tells him his name and the situation.
He has stage 4 cancer and has very little time to live and needs to speak to him right away. He is in a cancer hospital, but he knows the end is very near, please can he visit him.

The hospital was 25 miles away. My husband tells the man that he can send a different rabbi in the area since it’s Erev Shabbat, and that he can go on Sunday. He insists that it can only be my husbandthat can help him.

My husband leaves the office at about 11am, B”H Shabbat is late enough.

He gets to the hospital, goes into the room, and it’s an African American. His shocked face was so noticeable that the man asked if he ever saw a “black man” before. Quick thinking, my husband answered that he recognizes him from somewhere.
I know Hashem put these words into his mouth, because he really didn’t recognize him.

The man tells him, that about 10 yrs ago he met with my husband after hearing some classes. He wanted to convert to Judaism.
After a lengthy conversation he convinced the man to look into being a Noahide.
The man took my husband’s suggestion.
Today, he keeps MOST of the 613 mitzvot, but did not convert to Judaism.

BTW, this happens a lot in his shul. Often there are men that come to shul, dressed in obvious orthodox garb, and tell my husband not to count them as part of the minyan. It has to do with located in a place that has a lot of ppl from different countries.

This man goes on to tell my husband that he has stage 4 cancer and that the dr gave him just a few weeks more to live.
He is contimplating suicide since he has stresses that he just can’t handle any more.
He has a daughter and a wife.
And since he is not able to work he is short on the rent. They are about to get evicted if he doesn’t come up with $485

To make a long story, less long my husband gave him $500.
He also left him some of Rabbi Arush’s booklets, and told him to reach out to him whenever he needs.

Now for the miracle.
Going home my husband gets into a 3 car fender bender. B”H everyone is ok and only his car had minimal noticeable damage.
THE NAME OF THE STREET WAS THE SAME AS THE LAST NAME OF THE MAN.
He took a picture because he knew no one would believe him.

I know that his tzedaka saved him from something much greater.

THANKYOU HASHEM.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 6:59 am
Wow! Thanks for sharing! Glad dh is ok

MrsEsther

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 7:13 am
Wow!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

dankbar

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 7:17 am
Amazing! Tzedaka tatzil memovos! It was a huge kiddush Hashem!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 8:03 am
The first thing that comes to mind is that DHgot saved from another round of cancer. B”H an infinite amount of times.

Marigold

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 1:01 pm
How inspiring.

May he have many more healthy years till 120.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 1:36 pm
Marigold wrote:
How inspiring.

May he have many more healthy years till 120.

AMEN

happyone

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 5:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My husband is a Rav of an OOT Syrian Community, hard core Syrian. This means we keep to the edict of conversion.

On Friday, the office gets a phone call. This man needs to speak to the Rabbi ASAP, it’s a life and death situation.
He has stage 4 cancer and has very little time to live and needs to speak to him right away. He is in a cancer hospital, but he knows the end is very near, please can he visit him.

The hospital was 25 miles away. My husband tells the man that he can send a different rabbi in the area since it’s Erev Shabbat, and that he can go on Sunday. He insists that it can only be my husbandthat can help him.

He gets to the hospital, goes into the room, and it’s an African American. His shocked face was so noticeable that the man asked if he ever saw a “black man” before. Quick thinking, my husband answered that he recognizes him from somewhere.
I know Hashem put these words into his mouth, because he really didn’t recognize him.

The man tells him, that about 10 yrs ago he met with my husband after hearing some classes. He wanted to convert to Judaism.

BTW, this happens a lot in his shul. Often there are men that come to shul, dressed in obvious orthodox garb, and tell my husband not to count them as part of the minyan. It has to do with located in a place that has a lot of ppl from different countries.

This man goes on to tell my husband that he has stage 4 cancer and that the dr gave him just a few weeks more to live.
He is contimplating suicide since he has stresses that he just can’t handle any more.
And since he is not able to work he is short on the rent. They are about to get evicted if he doesn’t come up with $485

He also left him some of Rabbi Arush’s booklets, and told him to reach out to him whenever he needs.

Now for the miracle.
Going home my husband gets into a 3 car fender bender. B”H everyone is ok and only his car had minimal noticeable damage.

THANKYOU HASHEM.

amazing story. thanks for.sharing!

happyone

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 5:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Now for the miracle.

THANKYOU HASHEM.

amazing story. thanks for.sharing!

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 5:07 pm
Awesome story! May you and your DH be zoche to good health until 120.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 6:49 pm
Ok, throw the tomatoes.

These stories leave me confused. It seems like the op's husband is a true tzadik. A caring person who always puts others ahead of himself. He's dedicated his life to serving hashem and doing his will. Yet hashem has given him cancer. He goes to help this poor man on his death bed and gets into an accident on the way home. The op is musing that had her husband not done this chessed, something terrible would have happened to her god fearing husband.
I hear these stories and I wonder am I crazy or are all of you crazy? How are you inspired to love hashem and see his goodness when something so unfair (according to the human mind hashem gave us) is taking place? Do we look at all these events and see a fair, caring, and loving father, or do we see a hashem who is completely not understandable?

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 6:54 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Ok, throw the tomatoes.

These stories leave me confused. It seems like the op's husband is a true tzadik. A caring person who always puts others ahead of himself. He's dedicated his life to serving hashem and doing his will. Yet hashem has given him cancer. He goes to help this poor man on his death bed and gets into an accident on the way home. The op is musing that had her husband not done this chessed, something terrible would have happened to her god fearing husband.
I hear these stories and I wonder am I crazy or are all of you crazy? How are you inspired to love hashem and see his goodness when something so unfair (according to the human mind hashem gave us) is taking place? Do we look at all these events and see a fair, caring, and loving father, or do we see a hashem who is completely not understandable?

I can't speak for op's dh, and I won't speak for you either. But as for me, I'm so, so far from deserving all the goodness that Hashem has already bestowed upon me. I mean, I mess up all the time and do the wrong thing, sometimes rationalizing it, sometimes just being careless. I really believe that whatever suffering I have is less than what I actually "deserve" based on my merits or lack of. And Hashem is actually loving in that He makes my suffering in this world manageable.

I'm not trying to convince you, but that's what I believe.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 5:04 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
I can't speak for op's dh, and I won't speak for you either. But as for me, I'm so, so far from deserving all the goodness that Hashem has already bestowed upon me. I mean, I mess up all the time and do the wrong thing, sometimes rationalizing it, sometimes just being careless. I really believe that whatever suffering I have is less than what I actually "deserve" based on my merits or lack of. And Hashem is actually loving in that He makes my suffering in this world manageable.

I'm not trying to convince you, but that's what I believe.

Thank you for sharing. I'm sorry you feel this way. I really think your response borders on a cult like perspective that's really awful. You're basically saying that on your own merit you deserve suffering and pain. It's only because of the kindness of hashem that he is sparing you from that because he is so good to you even though based on your actions you actually deserve to suffer.

I think what's happening here is that we are trained to believe (as in the op's story) that hashem is so kind, loving, giving, and warm. He cares about us so much and is so good to us all the time. You've trained your mind to believe you deserve suffering so that when you don't suffer, you can say, "see how good hashem is! I deserve to suffer and feel pain. Hashem is so good that he is letting me get away with my sins and not making me suffer so much." I bet you are actually a good person. There's no reason to go thru life feeling and believing this twisted logic.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 5:17 am
Op, you and your husband sound like very special people.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational