Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Klonipin

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 12:25 pm
has anyone ever been on klonipin while pregnant or nursing and then have a problem with baby gaining weight? baby was b"h born full term at 40 weeks weighing 6.11. then at about 3 months or so stopped gaining. she is now 9 months and weighs 12.5. I was told that klonipin is not the culprit, but I cant help wondering if possibly it is.
any input would be greatly appreciated.
thank you

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 12:52 pm
It can make your baby sleepy, and a lazy eater. Try feeding more often, and keeping him awake as long as you can while eating.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 1:09 pm
she b"h eats well, always has. she was never sleepy and lazy. she is now on solids (cheerios, bread/butter, whole milk yogurt, fruits) and still not gaining.

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 1:21 pm
I do not have an answer for you but someone posted here that she can’t take klonopin because she is nursing. She wrote that instead she is taking a vitamin made by zahlers. It’s an anxiety relief and stress reduction vitamin. She said she was using this while nursing and it seems to be helpful. I’m surprised you were told that it’s okay to take klonopin while nursing and the other poster was told not to.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 1:48 pm
I was told its ok while nursing and also while I was pregnant. its not ideal, but when its necessary, its ok-ed. I am not on it anymore, bh.
my original post was not really my question in full. I need to take my baby now to a GI to have her checked out. I was wondering if to tell the doctor that I was on klonipin while pg. on he one hand, I dont want the doctor to use that as an answer for me that its a possiblity, and finished. but on the other hand, I dont want him to dig too far and do unnecessary testing on my poor baby.
would you tell the doctor or not?

Amalia

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 2:01 pm
I think that the doctor needs to have all the relevant information you can provide, and everything must be accurate and complete.

With a good doctor, any information will not be used to work against the patient, but only for his/her benefit.

And with a bad doctor - drop him quick and search for a good one. And then, see above.

And please don’t feel guilty and make yourself crazy for using meds when pregnant and nursing: it was done under a doctor’s guidance.

(Only my opinion, of course.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics