Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Help with paint colors in boro park--urgent

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 1:37 pm
Who in boro park can help me decide on paint colors/ design?
I know that there are designers that do that even though they didn't do any other work in the house. Looking to spend $100-$150 an hr, not more.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 1:40 pm
Mochan Paint is the only one who really knows his colors and shades. If you show him a swatch of what want he can figure out which paint will actually look like that once applied or customize the color for you.
Designers don't actually know what a color will look like once applied. They say they do.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 1:49 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Mochan Paint is the only one who really knows his colors and shades. If you show him a swatch of what want he can figure out which paint will actually look like that once applied or customize the color for you.
Designers don't actually know what a color will look like once applied. They say they do.

Who/where is that? Will he be able to help me with a design too? Exp stripes, etc ?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 1:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Who/where is that? Will he be able to help me with a design too? Exp stripes, etc ?

He's not necessarily good with design. But if you tell him what sort of stripes you want he can help you.
Mochan Paint
4303 New Utrecht Ave
He opens early and closes early so call/check out hours before you go.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 1:52 pm
ra_mom wrote:

I got it. I called and we spoke before already. . He needs to be on site after all the lighting will be put in. Thats not an option for me cuz we won't be putting in all lighting untill after we move in. We have the wiring but will be moving in before all the lighting is in. He doesn't wanna do it another way. I must find another option.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 1:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I got it. I called and we spoke before already. . He needs to be on site after all the lighting will be put in. Thats not an option for me cuz we won't be putting in all lighting untill after we move in. We have the wiring but will be moving in before all the lighting is in. He doesn't wanna do it another way. I must find another option.

I once brought him a swatch of what I wanted. He matched a color and I bought a sample can to try. We painted a sample and it worked in out lighting so we bought more of the color.
But he's right that lighting makes a huge difference and he probably doesn't want to steer you wrong.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 2:00 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I once brought him a swatch of what I wanted. He matched a color and I bought a sample can to try. We painted a sample and it worked in out lighting so we bought more of the color.
But he's right that lighting makes a huge difference and he probably doesn't want to steer you wrong.

I understand where he's coming from, but for me thats not an option and he wasn't ready to hear. Anyway, I need help for design too. I'm going crazy cuz I have to make decisions and this is in the way.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 5:30 pm
I just painted all my doors and moldings black and my walls white. They look stunning and no more dirty baseboards.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 07 2019, 6:48 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
I just painted all my doors and moldings black and my walls white. They look stunning and no more dirty baseboards.

I bought new linen and wanna match the paint to tell linen.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 1:08 pm
Following
I need to do this as well. Where did you buy linen? Did you find someone to help with your paint?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 8:32 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Following
I need to do this as well. Where did you buy linen? Did you find someone to help with your paint?

I bought linen in various places. I bought on Amazon, next, and local on sale.
So the story with my paint is like this. I had done it originally with an interior designer who I've worked with in the past and was very happy. But she's extremely opinionated. I wasnt very happy with what she gave me in some rooms in regards to colors a but more so the design. So those rooms I wanted to get another opinion.
Meanwhile, I remembered of somebody who I know really well, (she totally slipped my brain till that second) that is also currently doing renovations and already painted. So I called her and she sent me pictures of what she did. So I'm copying some of her rooms with the colors I originally got for my kids rooms. My master I decided basically on my own and dining room, hallway, etc I'm also doing the color she did in her hallway and dining room.

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 8:38 pm
I just finished deciding paint colors. Whew what a task it was!
Thankfully I have a sil that's good with these things and she was able to help me.
For the designs, I googled and got a lot of ideas. Painter did some designs already and they came out stunning!
Some search phrases to Google for:
Master bedroom paint design
Boys bedroom paint design
Geometric wall paint design (got some show stopping ideas from that search)
Good luck!

cookiewriter

Post Mon, Jul 08 2019, 9:34 pm
Erica Feiger is a decorator who has a lot of experience in paint colors. 917-974-2913
tell her you want to pay $100 an hour
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics