Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Do you actually know someone who was vaccine injured?
  Previous  1  2  3 12  13  14 22  23  24  Next

Do you actually know someone who was vaccine injured (not a headache, minor seizure, etc.)?
Yes  
 19%  [ 62 ]
No  
 74%  [ 233 ]
Something Else  
 0%  [ 3 ]
Temporarily, but it was addressed and fixed BH  
 4%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 313

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 4:25 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
You seem to not realize that Hep B is also an STD and mandated for school attendance.

Generally an STD. I know two frum people who have it (not from zezual relations). Part of a group bc my ds got herpes as an infant (not from his bris).

amother
Black

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 4:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Generally an STD. I know two frum people who have it (not from zezual relations). Part of a group bc my ds got herpes as an infant (not from his bris).
Hep B is not herpes. Do the two frum people who have it know how they contracted it? (And were they vaccinated for it?)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 5:14 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Hep B is not herpes. Do the two frum people who have it know how they contracted it? (And were they vaccinated for it?)

Yes but I'm part of a group where people with children or family members with STDs talk. My ds has herpes I in his genital area.

The two people there with Hep 2 were not vaccinated- one got it as an adult from blood contamination at work and the other has a child who got it on a playground when another child had fell. It's very hearty unlike HIV which dies in the air.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 5:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes but I'm part of a group where people with children or family members with STDs talk. My ds has herpes I in his genital area.

The two people there with Hep 2 were not vaccinated- one got it as an adult from blood contamination at work and the other has a child who got it on a playground when another child had fell. It's very hearty unlike HIV which dies in the air.

It is very unusual for kids, especially in our community, to get Hep B. It's possible from blood exposure but it's not common in kids who are not s-xually active or using IV drugs (unlikely in a young child unless they somehow got it from a diseased relative). There is also a shot to get if one has a known exposure such as at work. You can get immunoglobulin and then take the Hep B shots. I had issues with it as an adult. I lost immunity. With the initial series I was a lot older than the ages it is given at now because it came out when I was nearly high school age. It's thought to give about ten years immunity. So logically, unless someone has household contacts with Hep B it's not that reasonable to give it as a baby. If someone has a known exposure can still prevent it, but by the time the vast majority of people are at risk for being s-xually active or using IV drugs they may no longer have immunity.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 7:02 pm
Wanted to skip hep b in my baby with medical issues, but drs advises against as he was having surgeries and more likelihood for transfusions so keep him protected.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 8:46 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Wanted to skip hep b in my baby with medical issues, but drs advises against as he was having surgeries and more likelihood for transfusions so keep him protected.

Those who are at risk, such as your baby or somebody who works with blood at work, should be informed about their options. But that doesn't explain the need for it to be mandatory for every child to attend school. It's not contagious.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 9:10 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Those who are at risk, such as your baby or somebody who works with blood at work, should be informed about their options. But that doesn't explain the need for it to be mandatory for every child to attend school. It's not contagious.

Hepatitis B is highly contagious.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 9:12 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:

That's funny. No, it's not contagious at all.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 9:16 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
That's funny. No, it's not contagious at all.

https://www.healthline.com/hea.....ssion

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 9:43 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:

https://www.healthline.com/hea.....ssion

It's an STD. Or in plain English, a s*xually transmitted disease. Also spread through blood.

The article you cited is being cute by calling it contagious. Yes, it's contagious if you have s*x with someone who has it, get a blood transfusion from someone who has it, or share a needle with someone who has it.

All of which are very likely to happen to a two week old baby Surprised .

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 9:44 pm
It's an STD. Or in plain English, a s*xually transmitted disease. Also spread through blood.

The article you cited is being cute by calling it contagious. Yes, it's contagious if you have s*x with someone who has it, get a blood transfusion from someone who has it, or share a needle with someone who has it.

A two week old baby is also not going to school, so no one is actually mandating it at that age.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 10:02 pm

The article isn't being cute. Its being accurate. Poster inaccurately said that Hepatitis B is not contagious. (and you later said I was being funny, its not contagious at all). Hepatitis B is contagious.

Perhaps what you meant was - its not contagious in normal classroom situations?

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 10:05 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
A two week old baby is also not going to school, so no one is actually mandating it at that age.

Your doctor gives it by the first well visit - at two weeks. Which is actually the second shot - the first is given at birth.

And a five year old is very likely to contract a STD Rolling Eyes , sure, got it.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 10:09 pm
Your doctor gives it by the first well visit - at two weeks. Which is actually the second shot - the first is given at birth.

And a five year old is very likely to contract a STD Rolling Eyes , sure, got it.

My pediatrician does not recommend it for most infants, and I have always declined at the hospital. So actually none of my kids got the hep b vaccine until they needed it for school.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 10:09 pm

And yet it's being given at that age. And being mandated in order to attend school which is btw also mandatory at age 6. Is your 6 y.o. having s-x, doing drugs, or doing a blood brother ritual?

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 10:10 pm

http://www.pkids.org/immunizat......html

amother
Black

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 10:10 pm
My pediatrician does not recommend it for most infants, and I have always declined at the hospital. So actually none of my kids got the hep b vaccine until they needed it for school.

Yay you. Most pediatricians do give it, and this thread is about vaccine injuries related to given vaccines.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 10:11 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
And yet it's being given at that age. And being mandated in order to attend school which is btw also mandatory at age 6. Is your 6 y.o. having s-x, doing drugs, or doing a blood brother ritual?

And yet - there might be a reason if you look for it!

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 10:12 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Yay you. Most pediatricians do give it, and this thread is about vaccine injuries related to given vaccines.

Wow, you're rude. Do you say "yay you" to people in real life?

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 10:13 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:

Apparently a shocking way of it spreading at one point was a kid with a cut on her lip took a drink from a water fountain, getting a bit too close, and the kid behind her also a bit too close.
Page 13 of 24   Previous  1  2  3 12  13  14 22  23  24  Next Recent Topics