Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
How did you get rid of moloscum?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
White

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 8:09 am
Detmotologist took them out. I had just a few on the face. I had to go back twice cuz a few more came. She took them out and that was it.

creditcards

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 8:15 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
Detmotologist took them out. I had just a few on the face. I had to go back twice cuz a few more came. She took them out and that was it.

Any marks?

creditcards

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 8:48 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
Tea tree oil worked well for us, recommended by my pediatrician after my child had a terrible reaction to something the dermatologist prescribed. Just dabbed a bit on each one daily.

How long did it take?
I started with tea tree oil. My toddler has it on her face. I see that since I started with the tea tree oil it's not getting bigger. I started before it was big. So it doesn't look so bad. It's now about 5 tiny ones. Will see if it becomes smaller.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 9:13 am
zantac

rise above

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 9:16 am
My straight-medical doctor told me to use clear nail polish on my daughters moloscum. I did it for a few weeks and they FINALLY, after years of struggle, went away with no trace. I would try that first.

amother
White

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 9:20 am
creditcards wrote:
Any marks?

Nope. Not a trace

creditcards

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 9:22 am
rise above wrote:
My straight-medical doctor told me to use clear nail polish on my daughters moloscum. I did it for a few weeks and they FINALLY, after years of struggle, went away with no trace. I would try that first.

After years of struggle? Aren't they supposed to go away on their own after about a year?

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 9:25 am
Years?
Wow. I always thought it takes a year or so.

That's how long my kids lasted. They both had it. One kid had it on the chin / mouth area. One got infected and needed to be drained and burned. Ouch! It left a tiny tiny scar but it was under her chin so you don't see it really.
The other kid had it on the sole of her feet just before she started walking! Didn't seem to bother her at all. It also took about a year to go away.

mommyX2

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 10:25 am
took my kids 2 years to go away!!! sorry its so annoying while they have it and some got infected. but it does go away on its own...eventuallY!

amother
Red

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 10:30 am
creditcards wrote:
How long did it take?
I started with tea tree oil. My toddler has it on her face. I see that since I started with the tea tree oil it's not getting bigger. I started before it was big. So it doesn't look so bad. It's now about 5 tiny ones. Will see if it becomes smaller.

A few weeks I think? The tea tree oil kills the virus and also dries out the actual moluscum. Just be consistent, it's worth it.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 10:33 am
Going to sound dumb but how do you do an Epsom salt bath? How much do you put in? Or a baking soda one?

goforit

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 11:12 am
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
Going to sound dumb but how do you do an Epsom salt bath? How much do you put in? Or a baking soda one?

If it's on the hand can she just leave her hands in the backing soda Epsom salt?

rise above

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 11:39 am
It was years because it kept on spreading. I dont know how long each specific spot was, but we struggled with it for at least 2 years in total.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 2:25 am
goforit wrote:
If it's on the hand can she just leave her hands in the backing soda Epsom salt?

It's on many body parts. Knees. Stomach.

Do you mix Epsom salt with water? Or Epsom with baking soda? How much for a bath tub?

creditcards

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 1:42 am
Update.
I tried tea tree oil for 2 weeks. It didn't go away. It did look like its staying small and not getting any bigger. Now I'm going to try clear nail polish for 2 weeks and see what happens.

Last edited by creditcards on Fri, Jul 26 2019, 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 2:07 am
creditcards wrote:
Update.
I tried tea tree oil for 2 weeks. It didn't go away. Now I'm going to try clear nail polish for 2 weeks and see what happens.

THanks for the update!

curious if anybody here had this. My daughter has moloscum on one armpit and by her crotch. around the actual 'warts' she has a huge RASH. it looks like dry skin (red patches) the dr said just to put moisturizer but it does nothing. she sometimes cries from pain after she goes swimming in day camp and they've gotten much more infected, maybe from chlorine?

dr just says to put bacitracin. Any other ideas?

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 2:15 am
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
THanks for the update!

curious if anybody here had this. My daughter has moloscum on one armpit and by her crotch. around the actual 'warts' she has a huge RASH. it looks like dry skin (red patches) the dr said just to put moisturizer but it does nothing. she sometimes cries from pain after she goes swimming in day camp and they've gotten much more infected, maybe from chlorine?

dr just says to put bacitracin. Any other ideas?

I think I remember my kids dermatologist saying that they are more common in eczema prone areas so I would assume the redness is eczema and treat it with desonide (steroid cream gentle for sensitive skin areas) or maybe eucrissa (non steroid eczema cream)

Then get the beetle juice treatment

debbie321

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 6:42 am
My dr told me epsom salt bath every night( to keep them clean) and vaseline on top after a bath( to cover them) . It worked wonders

debbie321

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 6:46 am
And I put every towel in the hamper after every bath... no sharing or reusing towel

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 7:05 am
Aloe vera worked wonders. Fresh from the leaf. I keep it in my fridge and applied morning and evening.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics