Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Tried and true ways to get rid of cradle cap?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 7:09 am
Anyone?? Her whole scalp is peeling and she has tons of hair so her hair is full of pieces... yuck! Also doesn't smell so pleasant even after the bath.
Thanks!

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 7:10 am
Did you try baby oil yet? That's the main way I've heard. Dr also said we could use Selden blue shampoo (not head and shoulders though)

mfb

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 7:12 am
What shampoo are you using now?

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 7:12 am
We use Vaseline and combed out all the flakes.

jfk92

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 7:53 am
Eucerin wash. put it in for 15/20 min before her bath. Then gently scrub the scalp when washing out. Hatzlacha

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 8:19 am
I use either baby oil or olive oil before bathtime. I soak the hair with it and let it sit for a while then comb out the flakes as much as possible. I do this a couple of times a week until it's gone.

momsrus

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 8:21 am
Mustela cradle cap shampoo

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 8:35 am
I also used Selsun blue recommend by my doctor. No oils no scraping just continued to use the shampoo until it was all gone then I used it every other night. It bh didn't come back.
I rinsed it off with a prepared cup of water so non of it should go into baby's eyes

sky

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 8:38 am
Baby oil in hair when dry. Massage in scalp. Let sit a few minutes. Brush the scalp with the comb they gave in the hospital. If there is a lot spread it over a few days. Rinse out the oil in the bath.

mfb

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 8:43 am
I found that Johnson’s shampoo causes cradle cap on my kids. I use other company’s only

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 8:44 am
Scrub it out with baby oil to soften it and wash with dandruff shampoo to prevent reoccurrence

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 8:56 am
Thanks for the responses
I tried oil and combing it out but the pieces are stuck all over her hair because her hair is so thick...
I'm in Israel. Any suggestions of what shampoo might work? I use dr fisher.

lcraighten

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 9:56 am
We use a toothbrush to scrub it all off during a bath, you will need a fine comb to get it all out if her hair is so thick!

Good Luck!

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 9:58 am
I used a fatty cream from mustella special for this. I don't remember if I left it on her head the whole night or not but it was very effective. It all came of when I washed her hair afterwards in the bath. Before that it smelled so bad. I used it again a few weeks later and the second time wasn't so bad so I didn'tleave it on for a long time

mom2be

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 10:32 am
Mustela foam shampoo, worked amazing, after a couple of weeks the cradle cap was completely gone. I got it in target.

rgr

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 11:48 am
mfb wrote:
I found that Johnson’s shampoo causes cradle cap on my kids. I use other company’s only

I find the same!

Dandruff shampoo works really well. I only needed to use it a few times and the cradle cap disappeared

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 11:53 am
rgr wrote:
I find the same!

Dandruff shampoo works really well. I only needed to use it a few times and the cradle cap disappeared

Can u use head and shoulders on a 5 week old??

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 11:58 am
My son had food allergies. When I stopped eating his allergic foods it took about 6 weeks for his eczema to clear up and the cradle cap cleared up as well.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 11:59 am
Alpha Keri Shower & Bath Moisture... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000.....share

Used this in the bath for my daughter and it really helped a lot!

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 12:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for the responses
I tried oil and combing it out but the pieces are stuck all over her hair because her hair is so thick...
I'm in Israel. Any suggestions of what shampoo might work? I use dr fisher.

Dr. Fisher baby wash was not gentle enough for my kids. See if you can find aveeno or baby dove. For cradle cap, I scrubbed the scalp with a wash cloth and combed it out with a very fine comb. Can you try using a nit comb?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics