Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Tried and true ways to get rid of cradle cap?
Previous  1  2  3

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 9:01 pm
Breast milk. Yes, really.

ectomorph

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 10:07 pm
momsrus wrote:
That’s nice.

It’s not always preventable.

Try it next time. You need to start at birth to prevent build up. Brush gently with hard bristles to get off the small flakes.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 10:11 pm
andrea levy wrote:
milk. Yes, really.

Please elaborate

mom2mysouls

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 10:21 pm
I would not use head n shoulders for this age. Its components are too harsh on a tender baby's scalp.
Just saying.

Id use a very mild soap and not bathe every day. As your baby gets older (about 4-5 months), you can try combing out with baby oil.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 10:27 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Try it next time. You need to start at birth to prevent build up. Brush gently with hard bristles to get off the small flakes.

If you do it with all your babies, how do you know it would have happened to them in the first place?

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 11:05 pm
Some of my babies get cradle cap, but not all. Some it went away on its own, and some I had to do the oil/comb job. Usually a max of three times before it was away for good.

But I have a high tolerance level, so I let it go for a while. If it bothers someone more, they might need to do it more often and sooner.

ectomorph

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 11:29 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
If you do it with all your babies, how do you know it would have happened to them in the first place?

Any time I skip a few days, they start getting it. And I've had several friends do it, and it worked for all.
By gently brushing with firm bristles every day, you prevent the buildup. Even when they start getting it, I don't aggressively treat it - just start brushing every day again and they're fine in a few days. And no crying on baby's part, and no need to comb the head.

Last edited by ectomorph on Tue, Jul 09 2019, 11:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

nicole81

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 11:30 pm
Massage coconut oil into the scalp and comb with a lice comb. Apply coconut oil at the first sign of any dryness thereafter. I've found coconut oil to also work well on the random skin oddities that young babies get like rashes, baby acne, etc.

littleprincess

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 12:12 am
Mustela mousse works the best for my children . It's a foam spray bottle . Works wonders and smell delicious .

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 4:27 am
time

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 6:46 am
I rubbed her head with jojoba oil and then combed it with a lice come. So smart! I did it for a while, wiping the comb with a paper towel after each time. It worked so well. I would say it's 90% better after 1 time. And the lice comb caught all the little pieces so her hair doesn't look dandruff-y. Thanks for all the tips!

Shuly

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 2:03 pm
OP, try the Careline dandruff shampoo

I found that scraping the scalp took it away but then it grew right back.
The dandruff shampoo got rid of the problem and was not too harsh for my babies.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 3:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Please elaborate

I used to express and put it on my kids heads when needed

amother1223

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 5:20 pm
mfb wrote:
I found that Johnson’s shampoo causes cradle cap on my kids. I use other company’s only

What type of shampoo do you use that DOES NOT cause cradle cap? I use honest which is a similar consistency and texture to johnsons and my 4.5 year old still has cradle cap my 1.5 year old is beginning to develop it- so I think I need to switch

mfb

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 6:17 pm
amother1223 wrote:
What type of shampoo do you use that DOES NOT cause cradle cap? I use honest which is a similar consistency and texture to johnsons and my 4.5 year old still has cradle cap my 1.5 year old is beginning to develop it- so I think I need to switch

I use baby magic lavender now
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics