Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I ate a big chocolate bar last night
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 11:00 am
I was so carful during the day and at night I got upset at one child and Dh was earlier and just ate the whole thing. 520 calories

BatyaEsther

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 11:05 am
Ok, it happens and today is a new day.
Success comes when we look forward not back.

Sammy Girl

Doesn't mean much as long as you don't let it spiral. The worst thing about a cheat is that once you let yourself down, you figure you can pack in the rest of the fridge before picking yourself up, brushing yourself off and getting back on track. Just be extra-careful for the next few days...

Last edited by Sammy Girl on Tue, Jul 09 2019, 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total

ShishKabob

Don't sit on this guilt feeling! Accept it and move on.
I would prepare small pieces of chocolate wrapped individually. Like that when you need that piece of chocolate you can have, but you'll have just a controlled portion. Bhatzlocha

Last edited by ShishKabob on Tue, Jul 09 2019, 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 11:06 am
Ok Today is a new day. You're still great

Exercise and burn up the extra calories. Figure out a coping strategy that can replace food when you are upset.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 11:08 am
Ok just pick yourself right up and start again
Also
Maybe there is something you can have instead for next time. Something that would satisfy that sweet chocolate craving

One trick I heard, but never tried is to brush your teeth
Or
I also heard paint your nails

Are you calorie restricting?
What’s your calorie goal?

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 11:10 am
So tell yourself: I was hungry for that chocolate bar and I enjoyed eating it. Sometimes I am allowed to enjoy a treat.

Then move on.

Some people can't eat a bit of sugar without it turning into a whole binge. Some can. I eat dessert on shabbos, and knowing that coming generally keeps me in line all week. I've been losing weight steadily with my planned indulgences.

So tell yourself that you enjoyed your treat, and it's going to keep you going for a while.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 11:10 am
Squishy wrote:
Ok Today is a new day. You're still great

Exercise and burn up the extra calories. Figure out a coping strategy that can replace food when you are upset.

Exercising after eating is a type of purging. Repeating the pattern of bulimic behavior can cause bulimia.

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 11:18 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Exercising after eating is a type of purging. Repeating the pattern of bulimic behavior can cause bulimia.

OP and exercise are safe if she doesn't fit the narrow pattern of bulimic behavior. Having a lifestyle that includes exercise is preferable than ignoring exercise because of a remote chance of turning in into a bulimic.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 11:28 am
Exercise is good, but it should be treated as a separate thing from the diet. Don't exercise to compensate for a lapse in your diet.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 11:48 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I was so carful during the day and at night I got upset at one child and Dh was earlier and just ate the whole thing. 520 calories

I hope you had me in mind Very Happy

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 12:16 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
I hope you had me in mind Very Happy

I’m sorry but no. They only thing I had in mind at the dreadful moment was eating my chocolate LOL

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 12:19 pm
I ate a bag of herrs hot chips bec they are my absolute fav.
Only way I dont eat them is if they aren't in the house. When im dieting the whole fam is limited on junk Very Happy

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 12:27 pm
Op I’ve done it and survived! Be better tomorrow!

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 7:02 pm
Nothing to do abt the past, but in the future, not having unhealthy foods in the house is the best way to make sure that even if u want that chocolate bar - it's not there!
Also, having a healthy alternative "treat" can be a lifesaver.

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 7:12 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Exercise is good, but it should be treated as a separate thing from the diet. Don't exercise to compensate for a lapse in your diet.

Interestingly enough all the diet apps I used take into account exercise. Those would be Lose It, Myfitnesspal, and WW. Can they all be wrong tying diet and exercise together? They all give extra calories for exercise. Are they creating exercise bulimics? My dietician also takes exercise into account when she makes her meal plans.

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 7:17 pm
Squishy wrote:
Interestingly enough all the diet apps I used take into account exercise. Those would be Lose It, Myfitnesspal, and WW. Can they all be wrong tying diet and exercise together? They all give extra calories for exercise. Are they creating exercise bulimics? My dietician also takes exercise into account when she makes her meal plans.

Do your diet apps direct you to exercise as a response to eating excessive calories?

mig100

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 7:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I had 3 doughnuts
630 calories!

That makes 2 of us!!

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 7:23 pm
mig100 wrote:
I had 3 doughnuts
630 calories!

That makes 2 of us!!

Yum!! Chocolate bar or 3 donuts, which route do I go? Smile

Kiwi13

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 7:29 pm
Was it yummy? 🙂 I think it’s healthy and GOOD for overall weight loss/maintenance to indulge sometimes and not feel deprived. The outcome of this stuff has to do with your mindset. If you view it as a failure and a need to start over, you’re at a disadvantage. If you view it as an unplanned indulgence that made you happy and satisfied, then you’re more likely to pick back up and keep going strong.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise