Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Im pregnant with twins and...
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Natural

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 12:48 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Also, just discovered today that I'm expecting twins IyH. I'm at 22 wks, 4 days. I haven't even told my husband yet because I know he will be so excited and over the moon, and I want to tell him in a cute way. I just wanted to chime in and say that Ibuprofen is actually fine to take during the first two trimesters...

how did you only find out now? Did you only just go to the doctor? Just curious as I'm also expecting but just one.

OP, I don't have twins but my husband has anxiety and by our first was really anxious and didn't seem excited. Thankfully each pregnancy is a little better, but the anxiety is still there. bH bH once the babies are here he's super happy (esp with our first) so maybe that will happen for you as well. Like a previous poster said, have him talk to someone else about it so that he can express himself without causing you undo hardship (pregnant wives are not exactly objective and we need our husband's support, not worry and stress about something you're dealing with daily that can't be changed). My husband has a close friend/mentor that he talked with and it came out he was anxious about it and not so excited and his friend really helped him out - he was still anxious but was able to recognize the anxiety more, think more positively/reframe, and feel more ready. Are there other fathers of twins he could talk to? That may help as well. Good luck! It should all go smoothly and well. Try not to let the anxiety effect you if you can - your husband will hopefully come around soon and until that point, try to talk to other pregnant mothers who feel blessed and happy - you're doing a wonderful thing and are doing great!

Shuly

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 6:31 am
For pain in your crotch, get the V2 Supporter belt. It really helps!

losingweight

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 8:53 am
amother navy, I don't know how you can keep something like that a secret!

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 9:30 am
losingweight wrote:
amother navy, I don't know how you can keep something like that a secret!

I'm not keeping it a secret... I just want to figure out how to tell him. I just found out yesterday and he was at work all day so it didn't come up besides for "I went for sono BH everything is good no worries"

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 5:21 pm
My doctor recommended that I start aspirin to prevent preeclemsia. She claims it is more prevalent with mothers of twins...
I have no problem with my blood-pressure and am a little reluctant to take it as I take already quite some other stuff...
Anyone has any experience with this?
Thanks,

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 5:38 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
My doctor recommended that I start aspirin to prevent preeclemsia. She claims it is more prevalent with mothers of twins...
I have no problem with my blood-pressure and am a little reluctant to take it as I take already quite some other stuff...
Thanks,

I’m young, never had an issue with blood pressure. Had preeclampsia with my twins.

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 8:10 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
I’m young, never had an issue with blood pressure. Had preeclampsia with my twins.

Yup- my friend had it, was quite awful

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 8:08 am
I just lost identical twin girls at 16 weeks. I wish I had those worries.

Take day by day hour by hour. When we think in advance how many diapers we will have to change till they're grown we can go nuts. Things get doable once you're actually there. Hashem just helps and you figure it out! Bshaa Tovah!

amother
Red

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 11:25 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Thanks,

My dr also recommended and I did research and it seems like its a new thing but I am taking it.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 11:26 am
Does anyone know if a citi mini can fit two bassinets side by side?

LEMON

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 7:47 am
I am so happy for all expectant twin moms! I have one year old twins and it's been a wonderful year! I had a very tough pregnancy and a c- section delivery. BH everything just passes as it should and you get to enjoy the nachas and joy twins bring.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 3:12 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
BTDT

Where are you located?

Chicago

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 3:31 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
I just lost identical twin girls at 16 weeks. I wish I had those worries.

Take day by day hour by hour. When we think in advance how many diapers we will have to change till they're grown we can go nuts. Things get doable once you're actually there. Hashem just helps and you figure it out! Bshaa Tovah!

OP here- I am so sorry for your loss Sad It put things in perspective for me...

Thanks so much everyone for all the responses. I was originally getting a notification to my email whenever I got a response in this thread and then they stopped coming after my second post so I just assumed no one wrote anything so I didn't come back to check and I just now came back and saw so many people took the time to give advice and answers to my questions -thanks so much!
I'm 27 weeks now bh and aside from feeling huge and the pelvic pain I'm feeling ok.
I'm starting to look into car-seats and double strollers, any recommendations? I have my eye on getting 2 maxi cosi's- what would be the best price "snap n go" style twin chasi's for those carseats? Im assuming snap n go only works with graco car-seats?
And for strollers, I would love to get the uppa baby with the rumble seat but it's a fortune- wondering what other twin moms on a budget do? Do the maxi cosi's clip into the city mini?
Also, any advice on a twin nursing pillow? Wondering if most people tandum nurse or just feed one and then the other? I was able to breastfeed my other kids so I'm hoping it'll work out this time but I know it's different with twins so I know it can totally not work out but I think I'll need a nursing pillow to bottle feed to at a time regardless.
I read somewhere that twin newborns can sleep in the same bassinet- sounds cute and like it would be a space saver and money saver but wondering if that's dangerous?
So many questions!!! I am located in Chicago so if anyone know's of any twin resources here please let me know!
Thanks, OP

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 3:37 pm
There's a huge market for lightly used baby equipment. Craigslist, offer up, local groups. I've gotten high end strollers in excellent condition for a fraction of the new price. I wouldn't buy a used car seat though unless I knew the owner personally and trusted her.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 3:52 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
There's a huge market for lightly used baby equipment. Craigslist, offer up, local groups. I've gotten high end strollers in excellent condition for a fraction of the new price. I wouldn't buy a used car seat though unless I knew the owner personally and trusted her.

Agreed. I would prefer new carseats and would look into getting a used stroller for sure. Before I get set on something I would love to hear from other twin moms which stroller they liked/didn't like, which was convenient for the car vs walking, etc.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 3:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Agreed. I would prefer new carseats and would look into getting a used stroller for sure. Before I get set on something I would love to hear from other twin moms which stroller they liked/didn't like, which was convenient for the car vs walking, etc.

I'm not a twin mom, but I've used a number of doubles and really, really find a side by side more comfortable to push. Unfortunately they usually aren't as pretty as the vista, unless you can find a bugaboo donkey. But that's pretty big and bulky so if it's going in and out of the car a lot I would nix it. For an all around sturdy, easy to push double that folds easily and doesn't take up the entire trunk, city mini gt is a great double stroller.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 10:09 pm
Maxi cosi has a new-ish double stroller that 2 car seats can snap into. When they outgrow the car seat age, you can use it as a regular double. Its side by side

Maxi-Cosi Dana For2 Double Side By Side Stroller With Infant Car Seat Adapters, Devoted Black, One Size https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I.....KJGA8

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 11:25 pm
I agree about used equipment - higher quality for lower price, but NOT for car seats. I buy car seats new. For infant seats I got the Chicco Keyfit 30. They fit 3-across in my car (I had twins when my oldest was 2 years old). For toddler seats I'm using Scenera Next which is a very low-price, no-frills car seat that also fits 3-across in most cars.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Sep 23 2019, 7:52 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
OP here- I am so sorry for your loss Sad It put things in perspective for me...

Thanks so much everyone for all the responses. I was originally getting a notification to my email whenever I got a response in this thread and then they stopped coming after my second post so I just assumed no one wrote anything so I didn't come back to check and I just now came back and saw so many people took the time to give advice and answers to my questions -thanks so much!
I'm 27 weeks now bh and aside from feeling huge and the pelvic pain I'm feeling ok.
I'm starting to look into car-seats and double strollers, any recommendations? I have my eye on getting 2 maxi cosi's- what would be the best price "snap n go" style twin chasi's for those carseats? Im assuming snap n go only works with graco car-seats?
And for strollers, I would love to get the uppa baby with the rumble seat but it's a fortune- wondering what other twin moms on a budget do? Do the maxi cosi's clip into the city mini?
Also, any advice on a twin nursing pillow? Wondering if most people tandum nurse or just feed one and then the other? I was able to breastfeed my other kids so I'm hoping it'll work out this time but I know it's different with twins so I know it can totally not work out but I think I'll need a nursing pillow to bottle feed to at a time regardless.
I read somewhere that twin newborns can sleep in the same bassinet- sounds cute and like it would be a space saver and money saver but wondering if that's dangerous?
So many questions!!! I am located in Chicago so if anyone know's of any twin resources here please let me know!
Thanks, OP

Hi OP and Bshaah tova!
My twins are 2.5 years old now. I was desperate to get the uppababy vista twin and it cost a small fortune - over a grand with all the extra adaptors you have to get.
We did buy it and I used it for about 15 months. changing the adaptors from car seat to rumble seat or carrycot is a big pain and very time consuming. You can never easily fold this buggy. Also, as the twins got heavier when they were about 12 months old, I found it really hurt my back to lift the buggy up or down by the kerb or up to a doorstep. There is no bar to help you with lifting the buggy. As my stomach muscles have been very weakened by having twins, I found this really hard. We went to Israel for my brother's wedding when the twins were 17 months so I got a used citi mini from a friend and since I returned from that wedding, I have not used the uppababy.
Re sleeping we bought on Ebay a universal bassinet which is larger and recommended for twins. From about 6 weeks though, we separated them at night as we were finding it so hard when they woke each other up. So we put one in the bassinet and one on the carrycot part of the buggy. (Until they outgrew that stage)
Hope the advice is helpful. Hatzlacha with it all!

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Sep 25 2019, 7:21 am
How are you, op?

I am most concerned with your dh’s attitude because my dh was just like that. Not a drop of excitement, only nerves and anxiety.... it’s hard to go through a pregnancy “alone” especially a twin pregnancy. Emotional support from your dh would be so helpful..
I’m just letting you know that I feel for you on this. After you give birth, things will be better. A lot of it has to do with fear of the unknown.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more