Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Question about bundt cake..

Undefined

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 1:02 am
Hi, If you make a bundt cake with a crumb topping, do you put the crumb topping in the Pan 1st since you will be flipping it over upside down? Would that ruin of the crumb topping, how else do you do it? Tia

hello 1

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 1:21 am
I would do a cake with a crumb topping in a tube pan, so the crumbs bake and stay on top.

For a bundt pan recipe try to find a good cake without the crumb topping. I’ve never tried it like that but the crumbs would bake into the cake and not get crunchy like it’s supposed to.

Amarante

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 1:43 am
The recipes I’ve made have had the streusel like topping in the middle. A portion of the batter is put in the pan and then the streusel filling and then the rest of the batter.

I make a lot of Bundt cakes and I am always looking for new recipes and can’t think of any with crumb toppings. Why don’t you post the recipe.

Last edited by Amarante on Wed, Jul 10 2019, 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total

jsb

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 8:36 am
I saw a recipe that said if you were making in a bundt pan you could bake the crumbs separately on a baking sheet or something and then after you flip the cake to put the crumbs on top. I guess they stay put if you put a glaze on top.

Undefined

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 6:28 pm
Thank you for your replies!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins