Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Ramat Beit Shemesh
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 12:16 am
We are considering a move to RBS and Im trying to get an idea about the following:

If you can offer any info, I would greatly appreciate it!

- Which area would we feel comfortable in? I dont need all-uniform but we are a yeshivish family with children in the cheder, bais yaakov system.

- What is the difference demographically between RBSA, B, C?

- Where is the best place to look for apts for rent/ sale? Pref- without realtor.

Thank you!

finallyamommy

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 1:36 am
Aleph and Gimmel are generally where the Anglo Chareidim are--Beis is more Israeli/Chassidish. Gimmel is different depending on different streets but in general is probably slightly more yeshivish than Aleph. As for apartments, I know of a few Facebook groups, and there's the website yad2, but in general it is very hard to find apartments here without realtors. PM me if you have any questions :-) good luck!

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 3:48 am
If you have any friends already living here they can send you pictures of the real estate ads from the English magazines. sometimes you can find an apartment for rent through word of mouth if you know people here.

Hashkafically, you would be fine in Gimmel where the real estate is a bit cheaper.
You would also feel comfortable anywhere in Alef.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 5:04 am
finallyamommy wrote:
Aleph and Gimmel are generally where the Anglo Chareidim are--Beis is more Israeli/Chassidish. Gimmel is different depending on different streets but in general is probably slightly more yeshivish than Aleph.

This is accurate. Aleph is a big mix, there's everything from Jews for J, non-religous, Dati, Chareidi, Chassidish and Burka wearing women. You got it all. Some streets are more yeshivish, others are more modern, and others are a cholent mix.

finallyamommy

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 12:58 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
This is accurate. Aleph is a big mix, there's everything from Jews for J, non-religous, Dati, Chareidi, Chassidish and Burka wearing women. You got it all. Some streets are more yeshivish, others are more modern, and others are a cholent mix.

Jews for J in Aleph?!?! Please PM me.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 2:13 pm
finallyamommy wrote:
Jews for J in Aleph?!?! Please PM me.

Yes there are. There's a monastery on a hill right next to Bet Shemesh too many people don't notice.

Why exactly should I PM you? Jews for J are everywhere unfortunately.

finallyamommy

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 3:36 pm
Yes there are. There's a monastery on a hill right next to Bet Shemesh too many people don't notice.

Why exactly should I PM you? Jews for J are everywhere unfortunately.

A quick google showed nothing of J4J in Beit Shemesh, and a monastery in Beit Jimal near Beit Shemesh. Monasteries are Catholic, which is worlds away from J4J.

I asked you to PM me because you said Aleph was a mix, with everything including J4J, as though they are inconspicuously living among the various flavors of frum Jews in the neighborhood. This doesn't appear to be accurate, but again, if I'm wrong I'd like to know about it because this isn't what I want my family exposed to.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 11:45 pm
finallyamommy wrote:
A quick google showed nothing of J4J in Beit Shemesh, and a monastery in Beit Jimal near Beit Shemesh. Monasteries are Catholic, which is worlds away from J4J.

I asked you to PM me because you said Aleph was a mix, with everything including J4J, as though they are inconspicuously living among the various flavors of frum Jews in the neighborhood. This doesn't appear to be accurate, but again, if I'm wrong I'd like to know about it because this isn't what I want my family exposed to.

I know 2 families that were "converted" while living in Bet Shemesh. We aren't friends with them anymore but they still live here and are active in the community here. They tell me they have a group I should come to a join - last I spoke to them.

I don't know how many are here but J4J has people across Israel, and they definitely try to influence israelis and americans. I don't think they really publicize it.

EDIT: There have been issues with missionaries in RBS, talking to people and giving out things that look frum into mailboxes - you haven't heard or seen this at all? It's literally been in the news..

finallyamommy

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 1:41 am
I know 2 families that were "converted" while living in Bet Shemesh. We aren't friends with them anymore but they still live here and are active in the community here. They tell me they have a group I should come to a join - last I spoke to them.

I don't know how many are here but J4J has people across Israel, and they definitely try to influence israelis and americans. I don't think they really publicize it.

EDIT: There have been issues with missionaries in RBS, talking to people and giving out things that look frum into mailboxes - you haven't heard or seen this at all? It's literally been in the news..

Ugh. Okay, thank you for elaborating. I'd heard rumors, but nothing confirmed.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 2:10 am
Thank you all for your replies. This did me a better idea. Can you give me info on cheder/ schools for girls in RBS G?

Thank you!

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 4:29 am
finallyamommy wrote:
Ugh. Okay, thank you for elaborating. I'd heard rumors, but nothing confirmed.

It's something to be aware of but in the bigger picture there's hundreds of thousands of normal families living here.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 4:51 am
It's something to be aware of but in the bigger picture there's hundreds of thousands of normal families living here.

I agree. There’s always bad seeds wherever you live. The majority of RBS residents are normal and wonderful and it’s a great place to live.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 7:01 am
Whats the deal with RBS G?

How manageable is it without a car? Is it difficult to get your errands done?

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 7:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Whats the deal with RBS G?

How manageable is it without a car? Is it difficult to get your errands done?

Super manageable! They have 3 bus lines that run through it every 10-20 minutes per line, depending on the hour of the day. They just added a new line that does Gimmel 1, Gimmel 2, goes a few stops near Aleph and then goes straight to the local Mall. (And obviously does the opposite route on the opposite side of the street)

Obviously one can take that line simply to get places in Gimmel, or from Gimmel 1 to Gimmel 2. I live in Aleph and it's a really fast line to go straight to the mall, or visit all my newly married friends in Gimmel 2. I get to both with 10 minutes Smile

So gimmel is well done with the busses, just make sure you're near the stops.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 9:20 am
Thank you so much for the info. Anything else important I should know about Gimmel? Im considering both Gimmel and Alef.

saramalka

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 10:42 am
As of yet Gimmel doesnt have a proper supermarket.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 10:59 am
Thats important:) Im assuming the makolet/ supermarkets in Alef do deliveries...

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 11:05 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thats important:) Im assuming the makolet/ supermarkets in Alef do deliveries...

There's more than one makolet in gimmel. There's just not one large "proper" supermarket. And yes, all the large stores in Alef do delivery.

werty

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 1:43 pm
What about rbs hey? Its a new neighborhood being built that we are considering. Does anyone know anything about it?

sbh18

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 2:52 pm
werty wrote:
What about rbs hey? Its a new neighborhood being built that we are considering. Does anyone know anything about it?

Won't exist for at least a few years. No one even lives in Daled right now which is being built. Gimmel 2 still isn't finished being built either.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions