Home

SIDS and Vaccines
1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP


Post  Wed, Jul 10 2019, 11:08 am
Typical Pro-vaxx response:

Quote:
Just saying that SIDS or infant death can happen at any point. Some will happen after a vaccine. You have to look at statistics.


Quote:
Sids happens to infants. Some infants are born with defects that go unnoticed and it results in sids.

Some kids have other issues.

Those issues are detected same timing as shots. So because it strikes at same time, it can often be mistaken for vaccine injury. But really it has got nothing to do with the shots.



Here's the science from the Institute of Medicine:

Based on this review, the committee concluded that the evidence favors rejection of a causal relationship between some vaccines and SIDS; and that the evidence is inadequate to accept or reject a causal relationship between other vaccines and SIDS, SUDI, or neonatal death. The evidence regarding biological mechanisms is essentially theoretical, reflecting in large measure the lack of knowledge concerning the pathogenesis of SIDS. Anaphylaxis related to vaccination has been discussed in detail in previous IOM reports and is reexamined in the report; the committee observed that anaphylaxis is known to be a rare but causally related adverse event following the administration of some vaccines. Fatal anaphylaxis in infants is extraordinarily rare.

The committee found no basis for a review of current immunization policies, but saw a clear need for continued research on adverse event following vaccination and on the biological basis for sudden unexpected infant deaths.



Looking into it at the source, here are the specific vaccines and their conclusions:

The committe finds no basis for a change in the prior conclusion that the evidence favors rejection of a causal relationship between DTwP vaccine and SIDS.

The committe concludes that the evidence is inadequate to accept or reject a causal relationship between DTaP and SIDS.

An earlier IOM committe found no published studies on the relationship between Hep B and SIDS. Only VAERS reports of SIDS following immunization with HepB vaccine were available. Based on those date, the earlier committee concluded that the evidence was inadequate to accept or reject a causal relationship between Hep B and SIDS.

An earlier IOM committee found no published studies on the relationship between Hib vaccine and SIDS. Only VAERS reports of SIDS following immunization with Hib vaccine were available. Based on those date, the earlier committee concluded that the evidence was inadequate to accept or reject a causal relationship between Hib and SIDS.

Neither the present committe nor the earlier IOM committee found epidemiologic studies that have examined the relationship between IPV and SIDS.



There's more if you want to read it yourself. Click on the right side where you can download a free PDF of the full report. https://www.nap.edu/catalog/10.....utism
Back to top

amother




Amber


Post  Wed, Jul 10 2019, 11:11 am
What response are you looking for?

Neither of the comments you quoted sound like they come from a person who has a science or medical background.

Kudos for looking into this for yourself.
Back to top

ShishKabob




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Jul 10 2019, 11:13 am
ad nausea um
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Wed, Jul 10 2019, 11:48 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
What response are you looking for?

Neither of the comments you quoted sound like they come from a person who has a science or medical background.

Kudos for looking into this for yourself.

I'm not looking for a response. I'm looking to enlighten people who believe that vaccines don't cause SIDS, to let them know that we don't actually know because it hasn't been studied enough. There is a lack of science here. Anecdotes abound, however.
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Wed, Jul 10 2019, 11:49 am
ShishKabob wrote:
ad nausea um

Feel free to block this forum on your profile.
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Jul 10 2019, 11:56 am
It is reasonable and prudent to be especially careful to provide a safe sleep environment because this is sometimes a confounding factor when SIDS happens after vaccination.
Back to top

amother




Yellow


Post  Wed, Jul 10 2019, 11:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm not looking for a response. I'm looking to enlighten people who believe that vaccines don't cause SIDS, to let them know that we don't actually know because it hasn't been studied enough. There is a lack of science here. Anecdotes abound, however.


Well, the first poster you quoted wrote exactly that.

The second poster you quoted specified that she's referring to SIDS cases when the baby had an unknown underlying defect.

So your point here seems pretty superfluous.
Back to top

amother




Amber


Post  Wed, Jul 10 2019, 12:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm not looking for a response. I'm looking to enlighten people who believe that vaccines don't cause SIDS, to let them know that we don't actually know because it hasn't been studied enough. There is a lack of science here. Anecdotes abound, however.


I'm seriously wondering if you know what the word anecdote means.
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Wed, Jul 10 2019, 4:37 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Well, the first poster you quoted wrote exactly that.

The second poster you quoted specified that she's referring to SIDS cases when the baby had an unknown underlying defect.

So your point here seems pretty superfluous.

The first poster is implying that there is no connection between SIDS and vaccines. The second poster is referring to SIDS cases when the baby has an unknown underlying defect which may or may not have been brought to the fore due to vaccines. And then summarizes that even though the timing may be sequential, that's purely coincidental and unrelated.

Regardless, I wasn't specifically addressing these two posters. I was addressing the common idea that SIDS occurs often under 1 years old and vaccines also do and the two things are not related. In fact, there is no evidence of whether or not they are related. No one, at this point, can definitively say that they aren't related.
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Wed, Jul 10 2019, 4:38 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
I'm seriously wondering if you know what the word anecdote means.

Yeah. Smile
an·ec·dote
/ˈanəkˌdōt/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a short amusing or interesting story about a real incident or person.

When a baby dies from SIDS a the day after receiving shots it is not amusing unfortunately but worthy of interest.
Back to top

amother




Yellow


Post  Wed, Jul 10 2019, 4:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The first poster is implying that there is no connection between SIDS and vaccines. The second poster is referring to SIDS cases when the baby has an unknown underlying defect which may or may not have been brought to the fore due to vaccines. And then summarizes that even though the timing may be sequential, that's purely coincidental and unrelated.

Regardless, I wasn't specifically addressing these two posters. I was addressing the common idea that SIDS occurs often under 1 years old and vaccines also do and the two things are not related. In fact, there is no evidence of whether or not they are related. No one, at this point, can definitively say that they aren't related.


Ok. Great.
Back to top

amother




Amber


Post  Wed, Jul 10 2019, 5:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yeah. Smile
an·ec·dote
/ˈanəkˌdōt/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a short amusing or interesting story about a real incident or person.

When a baby dies from SIDS a the day after receiving shots it is not amusing unfortunately but worthy of interest.


So what you meant by "anecdotes abound" was there is lots of anecdotal evidence suggesting that vaccination causes SIDS?

Sorry - I have family members who have lost children to SIDS. Its difficult for me to hear this being referred to as an anecdote.
Back to top

amother




Amber


Post  Wed, Jul 10 2019, 5:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The first poster is implying that there is no connection between SIDS and vaccines. The second poster is referring to SIDS cases when the baby has an unknown underlying defect which may or may not have been brought to the fore due to vaccines. And then summarizes that even though the timing may be sequential, that's purely coincidental and unrelated.

Regardless, I wasn't specifically addressing these two posters. I was addressing the common idea that SIDS occurs often under 1 years old and vaccines also do and the two things are not related. In fact, there is no evidence of whether or not they are related. No one, at this point, can definitively say that they aren't related.


SIDS only occurs under 1 years old. Its defined that way.
Back to top

amother




OP


Post  Wed, Jul 10 2019, 8:50 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
So what you meant by "anecdotes abound" was there is lots of anecdotal evidence suggesting that vaccination causes SIDS?

Sorry - I have family members who have lost children to SIDS. Its difficult for me to hear this being referred to as an anecdote.

I'm truly sorry for their loss. I don't know which part of the word anecdote you don't like, but yes, that's what I meant: anecdotal evidence suggests that vaccines may cause SIDS. Anecdotal evidence is based on anecdotes, I.e. people's stories - as opposed to science.
Back to top

amother




Tangerine


Post  Wed, Jul 10 2019, 9:36 pm
Is it going to convince you that vaccines are not the cause for sids if I tell you that I know 2 babies that passed away from sids before having a chance of taking shots thus not be able to be related to vaccines?

And yes many people that I guess have agendas walked into shiva and asked if the baby was vaccinated that day/week.
Back to top

ectomorph




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Jul 10 2019, 9:38 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Is it going to convince you that vaccines are not the cause for sids if I tell you that I know 2 babies that passed away from sids before having a chance of taking shots thus not be able to be related to vaccines?

And yes many people that I guess have agendas walked into shiva and asked if the baby was vaccinated that day/week.

Oy.
Back to top

amother




Amber


Post  Wed, Jul 10 2019, 9:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm truly sorry for their loss. I don't know which part of the word anecdote you don't like, but yes, that's what I meant: anecdotal evidence suggests that vaccines may cause SIDS. Anecdotal evidence is based on anecdotes, I.e. people's stories - as opposed to science.


I dunno - 'anecdotes abound' that babies died followed vaccinations - makes it sound like 'stories'... its not 'stories'. If you know someone who went through this - its not an anecdote, its not a story, its reality.
Back to top

momsrus




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Jul 10 2019, 9:55 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Is it going to convince you that vaccines are not the cause for sids if I tell you that I know 2 babies that passed away from sids before having a chance of taking shots thus not be able to be related to vaccines?

And yes many people that I guess have agendas walked into shiva and asked if the baby was vaccinated that day/week.


They will tell you baby had vitamin k shot in hospital.

These ppl can’t be convinced. They were brainwashed by a cult.
Back to top

amother




Periwinkle


Post  Wed, Jul 10 2019, 10:50 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Is it going to convince you that vaccines are not the cause for sids if I tell you that I know 2 babies that passed away from sids before having a chance of taking shots thus not be able to be related to vaccines?

And yes many people that I guess have agendas walked into shiva and asked if the baby was vaccinated that day/week.


Did you know that newborns are vaccinated in the hospital?
Back to top

unexpected




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Jul 10 2019, 10:53 pm
I know people say this but none of my kids were ever offered vaccines in the hospital. I have checked their records and the first vaccines were at 2 months. This is in brooklyn, born at Maimonides
Back to top
1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 1 of 4 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations

Related Topics Replies Last Post
News articles related to concerns about vaccines
by amother
65 Fri, Sep 20 2019, 1:17 am View last post
S/o- besides for vaccines what else could it be?
by amother
45 Sun, Sep 01 2019, 1:47 pm View last post
4 vaccines at once and I'm terrified! What to do?
by amother
14 Mon, Jul 15 2019, 12:00 pm View last post
Vaccines in Israel (looking for info- not a debate)
by amother
3 Mon, Jul 08 2019, 9:26 am View last post
Which vaccines provide herd immunity?
by amother
11 Thu, Jul 04 2019, 12:34 am View last post

Jump to: