Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Fantastic Beasts (s/o)
Previous  1  2

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 2:27 pm
All of the Mystical Beasts videos at this link https://www.torahanytime.com/#.....7B%7D

Zehava

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 2:30 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
The final season of Supernatural starts in October. I'm already in mourning.

I’m more into vampire diaries/the originals/legacies...
I watched the pilot for supernatural and it was too horrorish for me. I love me a good vampire werewolf romance.
I also miss Grimm very much

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 2:45 pm
Zehava wrote:
I’m more into vampire diaries/the originals/legacies...
I watched the pilot for supernatural and it was too horrorish for me. I love me a good vampire werewolf romance.
I also miss Grimm very much

That's funny, because Misha Collins, who plays the angel Castiel, said in an interview that he doesn't watch the show. Once it's out of post production and has all the special effects added in, he says it's too scary and it gives him nightmares! Surprised

unexpected

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 4:11 pm
yerushamama wrote:
I first heard of Binyamin being a werewolf from a lecture by Rabbi Glattstein. I will try to find the link. He quotes a sefer called Otzer P'laos Hatorah about this and some other fascinating issues.

ETA - correction - it was a lecture by Rabbi Wallerstein.

I also heard this from Rabbi Wallerstein, iirc he read it straight out of the Chidah. It seems there are a few sources on this. I like the story about the creature who was tied to the earth by a rope. And if someone was able to separate the rope he would scream and die... a person who put the bone from this dead animal in his mouth would be able to give nevuah...I heard abt it from Rabbi Shay Tahan on Torah anytime

HeartyAppetite

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 7:28 pm
Regarding the Neanderthal: I heard that all the animals we’re created with s partner to be with, besides for the nachash. So he thought that Chava was his partner. When he saw Adam, he got jealous and decided to try to make him sin. He thought if he sins Adam will die, and he will have Chava all to himself .

imasoftov

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 12:14 pm
HeartyAppetite wrote:
Regarding the Neanderthal: I heard that all the animals we’re created with s partner to be with, besides for the nachash. So he thought that Chava was his partner. When he saw Adam, he got jealous and decided to try to make him sin. He thought if he sins Adam will die, and he will have Chava all to himself .

Rashi does say that the snake's intention was that Adam would die and he could have Chava (that links to Bereshit Rabba 20:5), and while we shouldn't expect Rashi to use the word Neanderthal as the first fossil was only found in 1856, what is the source to say Rashi identified the Nachash as a Neanderthal rather than a snake that walked upright? And if someone said (or you think it's obvious) that the snake couldn't have been a member of suborder Serpentes because snakes don't walk upright, Rashi says (on 3:14) that it had feet but they were removed as part of its punishment. Or perhaps one might say, snakes don't have relations with humans, Rashi on 2:23 (based on Yevamot 63a, there's a link to that there too) says that Adam did just that with all of the animals before Chava was created (the English translation there says "endeavoured to find a companion" but the Hebrew is clear, so is the English translation in Yevamot).

Finally, in case someone asks, "what if Adam's premarital activities are not meant to be taken literally but are metaphors?" how do you know the snake's desire for Chava isn't as well?

I would also like to see a source for the nachash not having been created with a mate, I didn't find one. On the other hand, female Neanderthal fossils have been found so that doesn't really help.

sweetdimples

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 4:08 pm
Just heard about Binyomin and the werewolf reference...fascinating!

pinkpeonies

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 4:52 pm
sweetdimples wrote:
Just heard about Binyomin and the werewolf reference...fascinating!

Just asked my husband, he said it’s a real medrash. Binyamin was a werewolf. My mind is blown.

Crookshanks

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 5:47 pm
I'm a little grumpy because I thought this thread would be about the Harry Potter prequel 😂

shyner

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 5:52 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
I'm a little grumpy because I thought this thread would be about the Harry Potter prequel 😂

Same 😂
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics