View latest: 24h 48h 72h

mom2mysouls

Post  Thu, Jul 11 2019, 9:17 am
Which one do you like?

Swiffer wet/dry
O-Cedar
Scotch brite
Bona

For thorough cleaning, I use my hands n knees. I'm looking for something I can use for quick-every-night mop cleaning.

amother

Purple

Post  Thu, Jul 11 2019, 9:22 am
Swiffer 100000% hands down

Amarante

Post  Thu, Jul 11 2019, 9:39 am
Get a Bissel steam mop and you won't have to scrub on your hands and knees and you won't need any other mops.

amother

Tangerine

Post  Thu, Jul 11 2019, 10:30 am
Amarante wrote:
Get a Bissel steam mop and you won't have to scrub on your hands and knees and you won't need any other mops.

This was seriously the best cleaning device I ever bought. It gets my floors cleaner than anything and it's so easy to use. However, it's not good for all types of flooring, so check that out first.

Amarante

Post  Thu, Jul 11 2019, 10:34 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
This was seriously the best cleaning device I ever bought. It gets my floors cleaner than anything and it's so easy to use. However, it's not good for all types of flooring, so check that out first.

True about flooring but I assumed that any kind of floor that is being cleaned on hands and knees or with a Swifter is not a hardwood floor.

But other than wood (which you don't use water on anyway), a steam mop is the best for hard surfaces - tile, vinyl, marble, stone.

I had a kitchen floor that was a disaster because "someone" had spilled raisins and then walked over them and then they dried. With the steamer, I just let the steamer sit on the dried caked on mess and it came right up. In my past life, I would have had to be on my hands and knees with a putty knife trying to get it off.

Mine was fairly inexpensive and you don't need any kind of cleaning products except the recommended distilled water which is pretty cheap in the big bottles.

ShishKabob

Post  Thu, Jul 11 2019, 10:47 am
I use the miracle mop with the shmatte that can be removed and washed in the machine. I've been using it for years and I keep on buying it again and again. I have a bunch of shmattes that come to it so I always have a clean mop no matter what.

amother

cornflower

Post  Thu, Jul 11 2019, 10:49 am
I have the bissel but its not good on vinyl which is half my house. Cleaning lady reccomended the O-cedar. Its great!

mom2mysouls

Post  Thu, Jul 11 2019, 11:21 am
It's getting more confusing.
I have the miracle mop for years. It's OK on the hardwood floors. I need for the kitchen- ceramic hard to clean tiles. I need to wash it every. day.
Is the Bissell quick n easy to use? I don't want something that I need to get rags from upstairs and pails, up n down...Oh, and I don't mind using chemicals. I actually like the clean washed up scent it leaves.

Last edited by mom2mysouls on Thu, Jul 11 2019, 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total

ShishKabob

Post  Thu, Jul 11 2019, 11:22 am
mom2mysouls wrote:
It's getting more confusing.
I have the miracle mop for years. It's OK on the hardwood floors. I need for the kitchen. Ceramic

I use it for all my flooring and it works terrific. Why do you think it's not good for ceramic?

mom2mysouls

Post  Thu, Jul 11 2019, 11:32 am
ShishKabob wrote:
I use it for all my flooring and it works terrific. Why do you think it's not good for ceramic?

It's a very glossy, cold, tile. Dirt dries hard on it. The miracle mop doesn't scrub it off well without tons of effort. Also corners need something better. Whoever tried washing this particular floor, realizes it doesn't work.

mom2mysouls

Post  Thu, Jul 11 2019, 11:35 am
Amarante wrote:

Thanks. Gonna check it out.

naomi2

Post  Thu, Jul 11 2019, 12:50 pm
I love the o cedar

mom2mysouls

Post  Thu, Jul 11 2019, 2:07 pm
naomi2 wrote:
I love the o cedar

Do you mean the one with simple flat head or the one you can put in soap and water and squeeze it out?
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h