Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Dilemma which mop to get
Previous  1  2

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 4:35 pm
mom2mysouls wrote:
Thanks.

I don't find $85- 99 really cheap for a mop especially as I have already several mops, plus a steam cleaner (with floor attachment) but I guess it's something to look into...

No, it's not that cheap for a mop, but it's not a mop- it's an electrical appliance. Since it uses only water, there are also no other costs associated with using it. No pads, shmattas, buckets, or cleansers. And the way it effortlessly gets floors spotless is worth the $85 for me- nothing gets shlepped around besides the mop itself, and it just gets things really clean. Maybe my family is especially messy, but a Swiffer just doesn't get our floors really clean without a lot of elbow grease.

mom2mysouls

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 1:54 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
No, it's not that cheap for a mop, but it's not a mop- it's an electrical appliance. Since it uses only water, there are also no other costs associated with using it. No pads, shmattas, buckets, or cleansers. And the way it effortlessly gets floors spotless is worth the $85 for me- nothing gets shlepped around besides the mop itself, and it just gets things really clean. Maybe my family is especially messy, but a Swiffer just doesn't get our floors really clean without a lot of elbow grease.

That sounds amazing. There are no pads or shmattes on the bottom of it? It def sounds like something to invest in...
I'd love to wash my kitchen nightly. And the miracle mop doesn't work well on these cold, high gloss, slippery ceramic.

Amarante

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 2:07 am
mom2mysouls wrote:
That sounds amazing. There are no pads or shmattes on the bottom of it? It def sounds like something to invest in...
I'd love to wash my kitchen nightly. And the miracle mop doesn't work well on these cold, high gloss, slippery ceramic.

There are reusable pads that go on the steam mop. There are different kinds as one is considered more scrubby.

The point is that you buy a few and wash them versus the Swifter type of systems where you have to keep buying disposable pads and their bottles to use on their mop.

Once you buy the mop and a few pads, you are set.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics