Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Things you learned that should have been so obvious
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Slategray

Post Sat, Jul 13 2019, 11:24 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
That baby onesies have those flaps on the shoulders so you can roll it down. Pull both hands out one at a time and roll it down so you down have to take it off over the head.

NO WAYYYY!!! REALLY???
...my poor traumatized kids!

Me too!!! I had no clue what they were for! I just had my seventh baby I guess it's high time I learned this! Thanks!!!!

amother
Sienna

Post Sat, Jul 13 2019, 11:28 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Me too!!! I had no clue what they were for! I just had my seventh baby I guess it's high time I learned this! Thanks!!!!

Lol I think I learned this with baby #6. It's especially nice for when there was a bad leak!

rising hero

Post Sat, Jul 13 2019, 11:39 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
That baby onesies have those flaps on the shoulders so you can roll it down. Pull both hands out one at a time and roll it down so you down have to take it off over the head.

I thought its to be able to pull it easily over the head. I never thought of that. I guess it can serve a double purpose. It will make cleaning up those leaks so much easier! Thanks!

Surrendered

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 12:52 am
I figured out that when kids fight or are wild or cranky- they are hungry. Or tired.

Last edited by Surrendered on Sun, Jul 14 2019, 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 12:54 am
I thought you call onesies: Oh-nee-seez! Tongue Out

Geulanow

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 1:18 am
That washing dishes by hand can be fun if you turn on music and exercise at the same time.
That you can saute without oil, by using wine or water.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 9:04 am
yo'ma wrote:
They weren't always made like that, so....

I can't think of anything offhand, but I'm always learning new things and then it's like second nature and that's why I can't think of anything offhand.

I did not know about the bobby pin thing though, so that was good to know. Thanks! Smile

I thought of one even though there are probably more...the best way to cut an avocado. Cut in half, slice, and scoop out with a spoon. For mashing, I slice in half, mash in peel and scoop out too.

trixx

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 9:12 am
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Wait, what? I put on the straps, lean forward and let myself fall into the cups, and then close the clasp. Is that wrong?

No that's correct. Make sure to grab the breast and put it into the cup then adjust. According to real bra fitters

believeit

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 6:09 pm
I found out after making mayonnaise for 10 years every erev shabbos. That when you use eggs at room temperature the consistency of your mayonnaise is more fluffy.... (I couldn't put the eggs in fridge because it was full! As of then the eggs stays outside of the fridge in the EU where I live it is absolutely safe btw)

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 6:58 pm
I was in my upper 20swhen I discovered where the urethra is actually located- I had always thought the cltoral hood was the urethra 🙈 And I am someone who thought I knew my body well- I was floored by those posts about women not know how to do a bedika because they didn’t know where their v@g was.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 9:18 pm
Whaaat? You don't close the hooks in front, then scoot the back around to the back, and then pull up the straps? Seriously? I think we need a poll for this.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 9:24 pm
I didn't have my upper lip or my eyebrows waxed before my wedding.
Was never told there was an option to do this.

soap suds

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 10:19 pm
Geulanow wrote:
That washing dishes by hand can be fun if you turn on music and exercise at the same time.
That you can saute without oil, by using wine or water.

Really? You can saute onions in water??? Totally worth reading through this entire thread, just for this tidbit! Thanks!

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 11:49 pm
soap suds wrote:
Really? You can saute onions in water??? Totally worth reading through this entire thread, just for this tidbit! Thanks!

It's not actually sauteeing. It's just cooking them in water. Not the same at all.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 8:12 am
Just learnt this morning, don't pour a blue liquid into a blue cup in the dark. I was pouring blue laundry detergent into a blue cup in the dark and I couldn't tell if it actually came out until it started spilling. Rolling Eyes

Greenbelle

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 8:43 am
I learned that when you bring home chopped meat from the supermarket,
freeze it FLAT in a large ziplok bag.
Then it takes just a few minutes to defrost in cold water.

I learned that you can chill wine fast by pouring it into a ziplok and submerging in ice water or cold water. Then you just pour back into the bottle using a funnel.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 8:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Whaaat? You don't close the hooks in front, then scoot the back around to the back, and then pull up the straps? Seriously? I think we need a poll for this.

I'm cracking up. When I first starting wearing bras I thought it was the kind of thing I'd learn how to close in the back eventually (like when you learn how to close a necklace in the back instead of closing in the front and turning it around) but here I am and I still close it in the front! I guess I'm just not so talented...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 9:23 pm
Quote:
I guess I'm just not so talented...
Or not flexible enough in the shoulders?

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 10:15 pm
[/quote]Or not flexible enough in the shoulders?[/quote]
Maybe. I just can't get the hooks lined up lol

happyness

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 11:10 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Or not flexible enough in the shoulders?[/quote]
Maybe. I just can't get the hooks lined up lol[/quote]

After I went to a fitting at Orchard Corset, the woman told me it was obvious I was closing the clasps in the front based on how I look.

I tried closing the clasps in the back for the next day or two, and quickly gave up!
My hands were sore and charley horse.
I wonder if it's truly hard, or something that I never got used to.

I just want to add that the next time I came back, she said I looked great and did not need a change of size. So if I looked great, then it can't be that bad to close the clasps in the front. LOL
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics