Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Why I choose exercise over dieting

Genius

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 10:49 am
I'm still 20 pounds over from my last pregnancy (7 months ago). I started a kangoo jumps exercise class last week. I lost 1.5 lbs last week and 2.5 this week! I find that when I diet "food" is at the forefront which results in my intake being way more than usual, albeit healthy food choices. But when my focus is on exercise, I feel great about myself and end up eating healthier and less.

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 10:50 am
Keep up the good work!
The truth is that everyone is different - some people need to focus on food and some need to focus on exercise.
It sounds like you have found your magical formula. That's wonderful.

ces

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 1:24 pm
I'm happy for you! But in my case I haven't found that exercise on its own leads to weight loss, even when I do a lot of intense exercise. Combined with diet I do BH see great results

emmes

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 1:34 pm
That's great! I don't exercise much, but when I do, I also eat healthier. It gives me a clearer mind to make the right food choices. It leaves me feeling clean and empty and I don't want to mess that up.

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 1:39 pm
Everyone is different. I eat more when I exercise...

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 2:01 pm
It's a false dichotomy.

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 2:05 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Everyone is different. I eat more when I exercise...

Your nutritional needs are greater when you exercise.

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 2:07 pm
Weight Loss aside - filling our bodies with healthy foods, and staying active are important for overall health.

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 3:18 pm
genius wrote:
I'm still 20 pounds over from my last pregnancy (7 months ago). I started a kangoo jumps exercise class last week. I lost 1.5 lbs last week and 2.5 this week! I find that when I diet "food" is at the forefront which results in my intake being way more than usual, albeit healthy food choices. But when my focus is on exercise, I feel great about myself and end up eating healthier and less.

Did you change your diet a little or are you really eating whatever you want but doing exercise with it?

vintagebknyc

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 4:06 pm
ces wrote:
I'm happy for you! But in my case I haven't found that exercise on its own leads to weight loss, even when I do a lot of intense exercise. Combined with diet I do BH see great results

The science backs you up here. If you do some Googling, you'll see that controlling food helps much more than exercise.

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Jul 12 2019, 5:18 pm
I did two half marathons within three months and all the associated training and gained 8 pounds. At 308 pounds that’s pretty hard to do.

Glad what you’re doing is working for you. Thinking maybe it’s different for a hard core two hundred pounder ( over weight, not weight) than someone who needs to lose pregnancy weight. I envy the ease with which you can do this.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sat, Jul 13 2019, 5:09 pm
OP, I'm with you! Whenever I get into a good exercise program, I find it much easier to watch my diet than when I try to just diet. My current problem is finding an exercise program that will work for me - I suffer from foot and leg cramps constantly, so have had to drop out of every class I have tried, recently. Does anyone have any ideas that might help?

amother
Orange

Post Sat, Jul 13 2019, 10:35 pm
genius wrote:

It's also easier to lose weight when nursing.

amother
Orange

Post Sat, Jul 13 2019, 10:38 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
OP, I'm with you! Whenever I get into a good exercise program, I find it much easier to watch my diet than when I try to just diet. My current problem is finding an exercise program that will work for me - I suffer from foot and leg cramps constantly, so have had to drop out of every class I have tried, recently. Does anyone have any ideas that might help?

Systemic hydration - drink 2000ml of water a day four 16.9 oz bottles
Potassium helps - eat bananas daily
Stretch
See if you have a weird allergy to medication. I was found to be allergic to albuterol. It's extremely rare. But out caused cramps.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sat, Jul 13 2019, 11:40 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Systemic hydration - drink 2000ml of water a day four 16.9 oz bottles
Potassium helps - eat bananas daily
Stretch
See if you have a weird allergy to medication. I was found to be allergic to albuterol. It's extremely rare. But out caused cramps.

Thank you for your ideas.

I drink a lot of water, generally, and do eat things high in potassium (just no bananas - they make me sick), and don't take any meds on a regular basis, B"H.

As for stretching, it just makes the cramp move from my calf to my ankle to my foot to my toes to my foot to my ankle to my calf to my ankle ....

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 12:21 am
Another cobalt you might need magnesium. I had the same thing and it disappeared after I started supplementing.

Do research on it. There’s a lot out there.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 12:29 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
It's also easier to lose weight when nursing.

Not for many of us.

shanarishona

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 1:53 am
I took magnesium calcium and iron for leg cramps

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 10:03 am
Salt also helps for cramping. Also keeps you regular.

Genius

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 8:59 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Did you change your diet a little or are you really eating whatever you want but doing exercise with it?

Exercise makes me be in a good mood which motivates me to make healthier food choices.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise