Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Stroller access to the kotel

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 13 2019, 11:04 pm
It's been a while since I've visited the kotel and I was wondering how best to get to the kotel if I'm travelling from the central bus station? I remember dragging a stroller down a bunch of steps last time and don't want to repeat the situation. TY!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sat, Jul 13 2019, 11:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It's been a while since I've visited the kotel and I was wondering how best to get to the kotel if I'm travelling from the central bus station? I remember dragging a stroller down a bunch of steps last time and don't want to repeat the situation. TY!

The 1 takes a while...it goes through geula. If you are near Bar Ilan you can catch the 3 over there. Good Luck.

allthingsblue

Post Sat, Jul 13 2019, 11:21 pm
Pretty sure you can get off at the Kotel and enter without going down any steps- I think there's an incline you can take instead. Keep in mind you need to get through security check, which is a small opening (we had a tight fit).

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 13 2019, 11:23 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Pretty sure you can get off at the Kotel and enter without going down any steps- I think there's an incline you can take instead. Keep in mind you need to get through security check, which is a small opening (we had a tight fit).

It's a wide double stroller... Perhaps there's access to the side for something bigger? That's also the reason why I'm wary of buses

I remember last time they were building an elevator..... has that transpired yet or will it be ready 2055?

nnmom

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 1:09 am
We schlep the stroller down the stairs every time. It’s annoying but much faster than going around which you can do through the gates and up and around through the drive way and parking lots. It’s steep and the walkway is narrow but there is an alternative to the steps.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 2:07 am
When you get to the stairs, (opposite Moriah bookstore) turn right and go straight down that street until you see the wall of the old city. Turn left and take the street down to the Kotel entrance.
They are building a public elevator. No idea when it opens.

mochamix18

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 2:15 am
I’m not sure how old your child is, but stair entrance or not l, if they are a baby l, I always find a carrier easier by the Kotel then a stroller.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 2:23 am
mochamix18 wrote:
I’m not sure how old your child is, but stair entrance or not l, if they are a baby l, I always find a carrier easier by the Kotel then a stroller.

Back in the day this is what I would have done, but I've got a double stroller with 2 babies who can't walk and I'm going on my own, so my options are limited Sad

Is there any way of taking the light rail to somewhere that I can get off and won't have a load of stairs to get to the kotel?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 2:24 am
Iymnok wrote:
When you get to the stairs, (opposite Moriah bookstore) turn right and go straight down that street until you see the wall of the old city. Turn left and take the street down to the Kotel entrance.
They are building a public elevator. No idea when it opens.

Thank you so much for this! I could never figure out how to get down from the Jewish quarter

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 7:47 am
UPDATE: I went today (light rail to Iriya, walked to Jewish Quarter through Yafo Gate) and it was NOT a good way to go. There's no 'alternative route' without steps from the Jewish Quarter. I then had to back up through the parking lot, back to the road and walk down a steep decline to get to the roadside entrance. In future, I'd get the number 1 bus from the tachanat merkazit (NOT the number 3! it takes forever and goes on a looong detour!)

Nothing like a morning in Jerusalem Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions