Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
SWEET POTATOES WITH FRESH CHERRIES AND PECANS

Amarante

Post Sun, Jul 14 2019, 12:08 am
Cherries are in wonderful season now - if you get the precut squash, it really simplifies prep.

SWEET POTATOES (Or Winter Squash) WITH FRESH CHERRIES AND PECANS

Excerpt From: Daphne Oz. “The Happy Cook.” Apple Books.

I go insane for this delectable combo of sweet potato and pecans made bright with fresh cherries, crisp crumbled cauliflower, parsley, and lime. This is my kind of rich, abundant healthy eating: a glorious pile of colors and flavors that leaves my body full and fueled and my mouth extremely happy.
MAKES 4 SERVINGS

⅓ cup pecan pieces, roughly chopped
2 sweet potatoes, quartered lengthwise, or 1¼ pounds winter squash, sliced into ½-inch-thick pieces (kabocha, delicata, and pumpkin work well)
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1½ teaspoons kosher salt
¼ teaspoon crushed chile flakes
1 cup finely chopped cauliflower florets
¼ cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (leaves and stems)
½ small shallot, minced
Zest and juice of ½ lime
½ cup fresh Bing cherries (though Rainier are gorgeous when they’re in season!), halved and pitted, or ¼ cup dried cherries
½ cup crumbled goat cheese (optional)
Flaky sea salt

Preheat the oven to 375°F.

Place the pecans on a rimmed baking sheet and toast until fragrant and golden brown, 7 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.

Place the sweet potatoes or squash on the baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the kosher salt and the chile flakes and roast for 30 to 35 minutes, until browned and tender, turning the potatoes or squash midway through cooking. Transfer them to a platter.

Place the pecans in a medium bowl. Stir in the cauliflower, parsley, shallot, lime zest, lime juice, and the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and ½ teaspoon kosher salt.

Serve the pecan mix over the sweet potatoes and sprinkle with the cherries, goat cheese (if using), and flaky sea salt.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes