Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Would you get rid of rainbow bedding
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 2:08 pm
urban gypsy wrote:
Chabad is extremely stringent to avoid non kosher animals in children's possessions.

Ok, so get the bedding with just the rainbows not the NK Unicorns then. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 2:10 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Is this a reportable offense? Completely uncalled for.

Yes, it is.

Particularly under imamother!

pause

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 2:12 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
There are also questions about the relationship between King David and Jonathon.

To a lesser degree, I've heard some speculate on Ruth and Naomi.

Do you have any Torah sources on these? Or are you propagating LGBTQ agendas? I am actually disgusted right now to have read this on a frum site.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 2:44 pm
pause wrote:
Do you have any Torah sources on these? Or are you propagating LGBTQ agendas? I am actually disgusted right now to have read this on a frum site.

Χ•Φ·Χ™Φ°Χ”Φ΄Χ™, Χ›ΦΌΦ°Χ›Φ·ΧœΦΌΦΉΧͺΧ•ΦΉ ΧœΦ°Χ“Φ·Χ‘ΦΌΦ΅Χ¨ א֢ל-Χ©ΧΦΈΧΧ•ΦΌΧœ, וְנ֢׀֢שׁ Χ™Φ°Χ”Χ•ΦΉΧ ΦΈΧͺָן, נִקְשְׁרָה בְּנ֢׀֢שׁ Χ“ΦΌΦΈΧ•Φ΄Χ“;
ויאהבו (וַיּ֢אֱהָב֡הוּ) Χ™Φ°Χ”Χ•ΦΉΧ ΦΈΧͺָן, כְּנַ׀ְשׁוֹ.

Χ•Φ·Χ™ΦΌΦ΄Χ§ΦΌΦΈΧ—Φ΅Χ”Χ•ΦΌ Χ©ΧΦΈΧΧ•ΦΌΧœ, בַּיּוֹם הַהוּא; Χ•Φ°ΧœΦΉΧ Χ Φ°ΧͺΦΈΧ Χ•ΦΉ, ΧœΦΈΧ©ΧΧ•ΦΌΧ‘ Χ‘ΦΌΦ΅Χ™Χͺ אָבִיו.

Χ•Φ·Χ™ΦΌΦ΄Χ›Φ°Χ¨ΦΉΧͺ Χ™Φ°Χ”Χ•ΦΉΧ ΦΈΧͺָן Χ•Φ°Χ“ΦΈΧ•Φ΄Χ“, Χ‘ΦΌΦ°Χ¨Φ΄Χ™Χͺ, בְּאַהֲבָΧͺΧ•ΦΉ אֹΧͺΧ•ΦΉ, כְּנַ׀ְשׁוֹ.

Χ•Φ·Χ™ΦΌΦ΄Χͺְ׀ַּשּׁ֡ט Χ™Φ°Χ”Χ•ΦΉΧ ΦΈΧͺָן, א֢Χͺ-Χ”Φ·ΧžΦΌΦ°Χ’Φ΄Χ™Χœ אֲשׁ֢ר Χ’ΦΈΧœΦΈΧ™Χ•, Χ•Φ·Χ™ΦΌΦ΄ΧͺΦΌΦ°Χ Φ΅Χ”Χ•ΦΌ, ΧœΦ°Χ“ΦΈΧ•Φ΄Χ“; Χ•ΦΌΧžΦ·Χ“ΦΌΦΈΧ™Χ•,
Χ•Φ°Χ’Φ·Χ“-Χ—Φ·Χ¨Φ°Χ‘ΦΌΧ•ΦΉ Χ•Φ°Χ’Φ·Χ“-קַשְׁΧͺΦΌΧ•ΦΉ Χ•Φ°Χ’Φ·Χ“-Χ—Φ²Χ’ΦΉΧ¨Χ•ΦΉ.

You're telling me that no one has read that as FF suggests?

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 2:47 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Χ•Φ·Χ™Φ°Χ”Φ΄Χ™, Χ›ΦΌΦ°Χ›Φ·ΧœΦΌΦΉΧͺΧ•ΦΉ ΧœΦ°Χ“Φ·Χ‘ΦΌΦ΅Χ¨ א֢ל-Χ©ΧΦΈΧΧ•ΦΌΧœ, וְנ֢׀֢שׁ Χ™Φ°Χ”Χ•ΦΉΧ ΦΈΧͺָן, נִקְשְׁרָה בְּנ֢׀֢שׁ Χ“ΦΌΦΈΧ•Φ΄Χ“;

Χ•Φ·Χ™ΦΌΦ΄Χ§ΦΌΦΈΧ—Φ΅Χ”Χ•ΦΌ Χ©ΧΦΈΧΧ•ΦΌΧœ, בַּיּוֹם הַהוּא; Χ•Φ°ΧœΦΉΧ Χ Φ°ΧͺΦΈΧ Χ•ΦΉ, ΧœΦΈΧ©ΧΧ•ΦΌΧ‘ Χ‘ΦΌΦ΅Χ™Χͺ אָבִיו.

Χ•Φ·Χ™ΦΌΦ΄Χ›Φ°Χ¨ΦΉΧͺ Χ™Φ°Χ”Χ•ΦΉΧ ΦΈΧͺָן Χ•Φ°Χ“ΦΈΧ•Φ΄Χ“, Χ‘ΦΌΦ°Χ¨Φ΄Χ™Χͺ, בְּאַהֲבָΧͺΧ•ΦΉ אֹΧͺΧ•ΦΉ, כְּנַ׀ְשׁוֹ.

Χ•Φ·Χ™ΦΌΦ΄Χͺְ׀ַּשּׁ֡ט Χ™Φ°Χ”Χ•ΦΉΧ ΦΈΧͺָן, א֢Χͺ-Χ”Φ·ΧžΦΌΦ°Χ’Φ΄Χ™Χœ אֲשׁ֢ר Χ’ΦΈΧœΦΈΧ™Χ•, Χ•Φ·Χ™ΦΌΦ΄ΧͺΦΌΦ°Χ Φ΅Χ”Χ•ΦΌ, ΧœΦ°Χ“ΦΈΧ•Φ΄Χ“; Χ•ΦΌΧžΦ·Χ“ΦΌΦΈΧ™Χ•,

If none of the meforshim read it that way, to suggest it is just an embarrassment.

trixx

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 2:51 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
There are also questions about the relationship between King David and Jonathon.

To a lesser degree, I've heard some speculate on Ruth and Naomi.

According to Solomon, "There's nothing new under the sun". I guess that applies to rainbows, too.

Both false, especially Ruth and Naomi. For that matter Vashti was a feminist.

Here's a great article on understanding platonic yet loving same sx relationships.
https://thefederalist.com/2015.....hing/

FranticFrummie wrote:
According to a very large percentage of Chassidim, and especially Lubavitch, it is not done.

The Lubavitcher Rebbe was very specific that if you wanted your kids to grow up to be frum, you would not allow any pictures, books, toys, clothes, or other representations of non kosher animals in your home.

If I want to buy a present for a Chassidish friend's child, I always ask first! I guess I have to be careful about rainbows now, too.

No, the rebbe championed education from the earliest age including from the womb and stressed the importance of a carefully considered environment. Exactly what Montessori and similar theorists actually say about infants and their ability to unconsciously absorb the environment.

trixx

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 2:51 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
If none of the meforshim read it that way, to suggest it is just an embarrassment.

Not one meforash understands that they had anything but a deep friendship.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 2:55 pm

I never said that I believed that interpretation. On the other hand, it's not exactly unheard of.

The Torah is full of things we don't fully understand. Many things are alluded to in vague euphemisms that could be translated many different ways.

How could Noach, the righteous man of his generation, get drunk and sleep with his daughters? And after being saved by a huge, open miracle no less?

Read the Fantastic Beasts thread. Eisav was a blood sucking vampire. Go figure.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 2:59 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I never said that I believed that interpretation. On the other hand, it's not exactly unheard of.

The Torah is full of things we don't fully understand. Many things are alluded to in vague euphemisms that could be translated many different ways.

How could Noach, the righteous man of his generation, get drunk and sleep with his daughters? And after being saved by a huge, open miracle no less?

You're confusing Noach with Lot.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 3:08 pm
Quote:
Trixx said "Here's a great article on understanding platonic yet loving same sx relationships.
https://thefederalist.com/2015.....verything/ "

Great article, and I agree 100%.

So that begs the question, if two guys are walking down the street holding hands or having their arms around each other, do you automatically think that they are having zex at home?

In the US, they would be called perverts, and possibly even be beaten up.
In certain Mediterranean areas, it's considered totally normal and masculine.

In Israel, girls can walk around holding each other, but in the US guys would whistle at them and make crude comments.

Homophobia and "gay panic" are definitely cultural phenomena.

Did you know that halachically it is OK for a same gender couple to live together, as long as they are not doing specific acts? There is no prohibition against loving someone of the same gender.

Unless a gay person is telling you in very specific terms exactly what deeds they are doing behind closed doors, you should be dan and assume that they are celibate.

Keep the rainbow sheets, and stop speculating on what other people are or are not doing in their bedrooms.

Last edited by FranticFrummie on Mon, Jul 15 2019, 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 3:10 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
You're confusing Noach with Lot.

Yikes, you're right. I shouldn't try to post when it's this late at night. I stand corrected.

I still say, the Torah brings some pretty problematic issues up for discussion. Especially when viewed through a modern lens, and in light of modern sensibilities.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 3:10 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

If there's no Torah source for it, there's no source for it, period. It's not open to interpretation by the masses.

ectomorph

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 3:12 pm
I wouldn't buy it but I wouldn't throw it out

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 3:13 pm
If there's no Torah source for it, there's no source for it, period. It's not open to interpretation by the masses.

The Torah has been open for interpretation for generations. Ever heard of commentary? Rambam, Ramban, Rashi? They didn't always agree on things, either. Three Jews, four opinions.

Or did you mean that we weak minded women should not try to interpret the Torah?

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 3:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My daughters room is bedecked in the rainbow line from pottery barn kids, which had posted about pride , alluding to their merch.

I feel gross about my daughter sleeping amongst design that was created with LGBQT agendas.

Would you bite the bullet and buy new bedding?

No. You know that you didn’t buy it in support of the lgbt community.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 3:27 pm

Of course it's been read that way. Not by people whom I'd learn Torah from.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 3:33 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
The Torah has been open for interpretation for generations. Ever heard of commentary? Rambam, Ramban, Rashi? They didn't always agree on things, either. Three Jews, four opinions.

Or did you mean that we weak minded women should not try to interpret the Torah?

Do you know what "the masses" means? It's like saying, lehavdil, that laypeople can't interpret the results of a complex scientific study. There are those who are qualified to interpret, and those who are not qualified to come up with novel interpretations, especially when not based on previous sources. I can't imagine that any Orthodox rabbi nowadays would have the audacity to suggest that a relationship in the Torah between tzaddikim was homosexual, without a previous source from a Torah giant.

trixx

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 3:41 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Quote:
Trixx said "Here's a great article on understanding platonic yet loving same sx relationships.
https://thefederalist.com/2015.....verything/ "

Great article, and I agree 100%.

So that begs the question, if two guys are walking down the street holding hands or having their arms around each other, do you automatically think that they are having zex at home?

In the US, they would be called perverts, and possibly even be beaten up.
In certain Mediterranean areas, it's considered totally normal and masculine.

In Israel, girls can walk around holding each other, but in the US guys would whistle at them and make crude comments.

Homophobia and "gay panic" are definitely cultural phenomena.

Did you know that halachically it is OK for a same gender couple to live together, as long as they are not doing specific acts? There is no prohibition against loving someone of the same gender.

Unless a gay person is telling you in very specific terms exactly what deeds they are doing behind closed doors, you should be dan and assume that they are celibate.

Keep the rainbow sheets, and stop speculating on what other people are or are not doing in their bedrooms.

In context, for their times, their relationship was so special that pirkei avos exalts it as true love. Clearly it's our misunderstanding when viewing it thru as you said, our modern lens.

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 3:53 pm
Would you buy the rainbow listerine if it’s half price now in target on the #takepride rack?

pause

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 3:57 pm

Oh, I'm sure LGBTQ non-frum people have read those pesukim with FF's insinuation. But I asked for a Torah source of that insinuation.

All I can say is Uch! What a twisted perspective. Uch!

Soon you'll tell me that the rainbow in Parshas Noach had a different meaning too? Uch!
Page 6 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics