Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Would you get rid of rainbow bedding
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 3:59 pm
pause wrote:
Do you have any Torah sources on these? Or are you propagating LGBTQ agendas? I am actually disgusted right now to have read this on a frum site.

I am disgusted (and baffled) that someone seriously asked if an innocent girl’s bedding might be considered morally corrupt due to its rainbow pattern and even used the word “gross” in the OP. Can't Believe It

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 4:08 pm
pause wrote:
Oh, I'm sure LGBTQ non-frum people have read those pesukim with FF's insinuation. But I asked for a Torah source of that insinuation.

All I can say is Uch! What a twisted perspective. Uch!

Soon you'll tell me that the rainbow in Parshas Noach had a different meaning too? Uch!

It isn’t a twisted perspective. It’s a Torah commentary. My DH once studied that Cham and Noach had relations.

Also, some frum people identify as both LGBTQ and frum and straddle both communities. Some IMAs on here on other threads have said they are Bi for example.
That doesn’t mean they are not frum women who are faithful to their DHs.

pause

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 4:33 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
It isn’t a twisted perspective. It’s a Torah commentary. My DH once studied that Cham and Noach had relations.

Also, some frum people identify as both LGBTQ and frum and straddle both communities. Some IMAs on here on other threads have said they are Bi for example.

Show me the source for this commentary!

pause

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 4:33 pm
I am disgusted (and baffled) that someone seriously asked if an innocent girl’s bedding might be considered morally corrupt due to its rainbow pattern and even used the word “gross” in the OP. Can't Believe It

I agree.

zaq

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 4:34 pm
I would probably not get rid of the bedding if I had it and money were tight, but I wouldn't buy any. If money were not an object, I would replace it.

Dh and I both resent the LGBTQ movement for arrogating to itself and thus perverting and ruining this lovely and formerly universal symbol of peace and amity and made it into symbol of in-your-face lewdness and defiance. Will you or nil you, displaying a rainbow is now a statement of support for LGBTQ pride.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 4:49 pm
zaq wrote:
I would probably not get rid of the bedding if I had it and money were tight, but I wouldn't buy any. If money were not an object, I would replace it.

Dh and I both resent the LGBTQ movement for arrogating to itself and thus perverting and ruining this lovely and formerly universal symbol of peace and amity and made it into symbol of in-your-face lewdness and defiance. Will you or nil you, displaying a rainbow is now a statement of support for LGBTQ pride.

There is the pride flag which is bright horizontal prism colors which look nothing like rainbows on children's items. I wouldn't have even connected it with the pride movement.
If kids want ordinary rainbow colors ignore what anyone might think because they are not identical. It's not like Xmas linens.

Mayflower

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 11:57 pm
The rainbow flag is also the official flag of the Jewish Autonomous Oblast (well, a white flag with a rainbow anyway). That's pretty cool!

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 1:57 am
pause wrote:
Show me the source for this commentary!

Sanhedrin 70a, on Possuk Bereishis 9:22.

Brief summary online:

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:05 am

Brief summary online:

That's discussing Cham sinning by sodomizing his drunk father. Noach was not necessarily a willing participant according to that commentary.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:12 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
That's discussing Cham sinning by sodomizing his drunk father. Noach was not necessarily a willing participant according to that commentary.

Noach’s willingness or not wasn’t being discussed. This whole thread is ridiculous and I was just highlighting the somewhat amusing fact the parsha with the rainbow does also mention an act related to homosexuality.

If in doubt, people can always buy their DCs plain-coloured duvets.

Peace 🕊 and 🌈 🌈 everyone.

DrMom

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:13 am

Brief summary online:

Very confusing to me. If anything, this convinces me that Ham did *not* assault Noah.

I'm no Hebrew scholar or Torah scholar, but in the incident with Noah, it just says Ham "saw" Noah - nothing else.

In the incident with Schem, he "saw" and "took" and "lay with" and "afflicted" Dina. I would assume the Torah had to use all those other verbs precisely because "saw" just means seeing and does not denote any physical contact.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:32 am
DrMom wrote:
Very confusing to me. If anything, this convinces me that Ham did *not* assault Noah.

I'm no Hebrew scholar or Torah scholar, but in the incident with Noah, it just says Ham "saw" Noah - nothing else.

In the incident with Schem, he "saw" and "took" and "lay with" and "afflicted" Dina. I would assume the Torah had to use all those other verbs precisely because "saw" just means seeing and does not denote any physical contact.

I’m no Torah Scholar either but it has been open to interpretation. In the Gemara Rav and Shmuel disagree on this. Be'er Hagola, Be'er V, 11 and one interpretation is castration. It is discussed that “saw” in this context does allude to s-xual acts in the Torah. Ramban, like you, thinks that it refers to him seeing his father’s nakedness and how disrespectful that was.

Anyway, at the end of it all they saw a rainbow.

🌈

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 3:03 am
OP, wait a minute, I just checked the pottery barn rainbow linen. Do you actually know what the lgbt rainbow looks like? it is NOTHING like what the pottery barn linen looks like.

FFirst off, calm down, its just a kid's linen. And second of all, calm down, it doesnt even look like the same rainbow at all. I tihnk you are reading way too much into rainbows in general. The lgbt community does not own THE rights to rainbows :/

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 3:04 am

I'm bi.
When I say that I literally just mean I'm attracted to both men and women.
I'm still a normal regular frum yeshivish married faithful wife.
I'm not part of any LGTBQ community or agree with it at all.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 3:11 am
https://www.potterybarnkids.co.....over/

ectomorph

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 4:09 am
pause wrote:
Oh, I'm sure LGBTQ non-frum people have read those pesukim with FF's insinuation. But I asked for a Torah source of that insinuation.

All I can say is Uch! What a twisted perspective. Uch!

Soon you'll tell me that the rainbow in Parshas Noach had a different meaning too? Uch!

Agreed. No Torah source for that.

gingie37

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 4:12 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
I don't think OP is afraid rainbow sheets will make her child gay, she just doesn't want something that reminds her of sin in the house.

Like how you might not want your child to have a Ted Bundy doll, but doesn't mean you're afraid it will turn your kid into Ted Bundy.

Oh no. You DID NOT just compare gay people to a serial killer.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 4:33 am

Which is an indictment on them both but for vastly different reasons. Noach for his priorities in planting the grapes, and Cham for his decrepitude and taking advantage of Noach's vulnerability.

OBnursemom

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 5:01 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
https://www.potterybarnkids.com/m/products/organic-kayla-rainbow-stripe-duvet-cover/

Those are so nice! I would buy them. I just bought rainbow bed in bags for my girls at Target. I’m not ashamed of it either. They’re pretty.

pause

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 5:51 am
Amethyst, I'm not familiar enough with Cham and Noach (I know there was nakedness involved but I don't know enough about it) and that's not what I was asking about.

I first brought up my disgust when someone mentioned that there was more to the relationship of Yonasan and Dovid or Rus and Naomi. This statement comes from the LGBTQ platform, using "stories" from the Bible to prove their agenda. Unless you prove this from Torah commentary, this is a disgusting, horrible and twisted thing to say.

I know some people "read" into it this way. These people are not true frum Torah Jews, and they are not relying on any valid Torah source to twist pesukim to suit their purpose. They are misguided and nobody should be quoting them here on this site.

I'm not coming back to this thread because I've said mine. That was an apalling statement, and I had to be "moche" for the sake of true Torah (which, as a Torah Jew, cannot be interpreted however you want).
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics