Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Bloodstains

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 12:04 pm
I know this was asked and answered a few times in the past but I'm looking for a solution that will work for me.
My baby has severe eczema. As a result of frequent scratching, everything in my house is at risk of being blood-stained, from clothing, to linen, towels, muslin diapers, etc. A range of different colors and fabric.
I don't have time or space for constant soaking of clothes and linen. I don't feel comfortable putting windex on my baby's clothing. My baby is also extremely sensitive to soap and detergent. Currently I use peroxide and/or Oxi to treat the stains and I wash with All Free and Clear detergent, but the combination of these items is not always enough to remove all the stains. Are there any better options out there?

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 12:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I know this was asked and answered a few times in the past but I'm looking for a solution that will work for me.
My baby has severe eczema. As a result of frequent scratching, everything in my house is at risk of being blood-stained, from clothing, to linen, towels, muslin diapers, etc. A range of different colors and fabric.
I don't have time or space for constant soaking of clothes and linen. I don't feel comfortable putting windex on my baby's clothing. My baby is also extremely sensitive to soap and detergent. Currently I use peroxide and/or Oxi to treat the stains and I wash with All Free and Clear detergent, but the combination of these items is not always enough to remove all the stains. Are there any better options out there?

I always put anything with blood stains straight into a washing cup filled with cold water. Blood comes right off. when you take it out a few hours later, water is full on blood and garment should be clean.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 12:21 pm
Just water without anything in it? And does it need to be done immediately or will it work a few hours after the item gets stained?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 12:54 pm
Just sprinkle hydrogen peroxide on the fresh stains. The blood will bubble up off the fabric. And just throw into the machine to wash right away. This is what doctors and nurses do.
Refuah Shelaima!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 1:10 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Just sprinkle hydrogen peroxide on the fresh stains. The blood will bubble up off the fabric. And just throw into the machine to wash right away. This is what doctors and nurses do.
Refuah Shelaima!

That's what I usually do but it doesn't remove the stains completely.
Thanks for your reply

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 1:12 pm
Do you have a boiling hot sanitary cycle on your washing machine? If the clothes are durable, I'd spray with Windex and then run the clothes on sanitary to take out any remnants.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry