Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Cholent comes out better on Sunday any tips?

gold2

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 6:11 am
My cholent comes out good on Shabbos. I make it on the stove in a pot on Friday and put it on the hot plate before Shabbos.
Thing is, when we have cholent leftovers on Sunday, it tastes SO much better. Maybe because it's had a chance to solidify? That's when it tastes like a caterer's cholent.
I notice that it looks really good a few hours after taking it off the hot plate. That's when it cools down and looks yum.
I know this sounds weird but does anyone have any ideas on how to get that taste for Shabbos day?
I don't want to use a crockpot and I can't cook it overnight on Thursday plus the whole Shabbos, unless I cook it the whole day Friday? I'm scared it will dry out.

Anyone else have this or have any ideas?
Thanks!

pesek zman

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 7:50 am
Do you make it too liquidy? Is it soupy rather than strewy? That’s the only way I can imagine it tasting better the next day. A chulent that’s perfect in Shabbos is typically dry and in need of liquid when being reheated in Sunday

gold2

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 8:03 am
no it comes out a drop thicker on sunday but it does come out really good on shabbos also. seems like the flavors implement themselves into it and it just tastes richer and yummier the next day. I do have to add liquid on sunday.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note