Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Bully Boss- same at home?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 1:30 pm
My boss is under a lot of stress right now, all work related. He apologized a month ago in advance for his behavior- but that doesn't excuse acting like a jerk.
He makes a mistake and blames it on us.
He micromanages obsessively.
He explodes easily.
And yes, I'm looking to change jobs.

However, I know my boss' wife. She's one of the sweetest, kindest women I know.
I was just wondering, speculating- do you think he's like this at home?

yersp

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 1:32 pm
Simple:
None of your business

Sebastian

Probably worse

groovy1224

Yep. Feel bad for his wife.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 1:33 pm
Oh, the poor woman. Please don't do this. My dh can be difficult sometimes and I cringe thinking that people wonder how he treats me.

yersp

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 1:35 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
Oh, the poor woman. Please don't do this. My dh can be difficult sometimes and I cringe thinking that people wonder how he treats me.

Which is why I said it's noones business. I know people like the boss and it doesn't do anyone any good speculating things. That's how rumors start.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 1:37 pm
My dh can be short or sometimes angry with his employees. He is always kind to me. He sometimes loses temper with the kids but is working on himself.
He is aware of his issues and I hope will work on them.
He isn't an abusive boss though.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 1:42 pm
I never said he's abusive.
I'm posting here because I wouldn't discuss this in real life - so I'm not starting any rumors.
And again, the keyword here is speculating. I'm not making judgments about how he is at home because I don't know. I just wonder. Don't you ever see people in public and wonder how they act at home?

Thank you to those women who say their husbands are kind at home, even when they may be angry at their employees. It's nice to see that view.

Yersp- how do you know that people like the boss? You don't know who I am. You don't know who he is.

giselle

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 1:47 pm
In my experience, really jerky bosses act that way to their wives too. None of my business? I know their wives and feel horrible for them. I’m not calling people to gossip about it. I can certainly feel empathy for them.

groovy1224

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 1:51 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
My dh can be short or sometimes angry with his employees. He is always kind to me. He sometimes loses temper with the kids but is working on himself.
He is aware of his issues and I hope will work on them.
He isn't an abusive boss though.

It's normal for a boss to sometimes get frustrated with employees. That's all well and dandy.

OP said hers blows up quickly, is an obsessive micromanager, and blames others for his own mistakes. You don't just turn off that kind of personality when you get home.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:06 pm
In all fairness to my (anonymous) boss, I do believe he is generally a kind person. He clearly doesn't manage heavy stress too well. That's how I see it. Granted, you can't get through life without some periods of heavy stress. So I wonder how he is at home during stressful times.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:09 pm
He's probably worse at home. I pity his family.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:19 pm
Yuck. Don't speculate about anybody's home life. Exception - if you know a woman and she is showing signs of abuse.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:23 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Yuck. Don't speculate about anybody's home life. Exception - if you know a woman and she is showing signs of abuse.

And this is anon because....?

EPL

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:30 pm
I had a boss like that, very tough . Everyone was afraid of him. I heard he was a lamb at home. My Israely cousin told me that his captain in the army was very tough, but everyone knew that at home it was his wife who was boss.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And this is anon because....?

because you are.

I hope very much that my staff, and my boss don't spend a second thinking about my home life with DH.

tichellady

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:32 pm
I don’t think it means he is the same at home.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics