Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Return torn tights?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

cnc

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Maybe it depends on the person's leg thickness or shape because you cannot see a mosquito bite (keep in mind beige always looks more opague). I buy them twice a year for the past 5 years and have only had tears 3 times so not sure why you haven't experienced that.

Maybe they started making them differently lately cuz my experience was very recent . Others told me the same.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Maybe it depends on the person's leg thickness or shape because you cannot see a mosquito bite (keep in mind beige always looks more opague). I buy them twice a year for the past 5 years and have only had tears 3 times so not sure why you haven't experienced that.

Only 3 times? Wow, I constantly have to restock them. I guess it does depends on the legs cause my mosquite bites shows right thru. Though the 20 denier packaging advertises the product as sheer pantyhose.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:23 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Only 3 times? Wow, I constantly have to restock them. I guess it does depends on the legs cause my mosquite bites shows right thru. Though the 20 denier packaging advertises the product as sheer pantyhose.

Their 40 is also advertised as sheer, which applies to the black, but definitely not with beige.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Their 40 is also advertised as sheer, which applies to the black, but definitely not with beige.

Why is the beige less sheer than the black?

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:30 pm
20 denier is not opaque.
Sheer tights can easily rip when putting them on.
I doubt the store would refund you for them.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:34 pm
Just called the store and they are refunding me. Thanks everyone.

And no, my tights are not see-through at all.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I'm honestly confused about this - why is the 20 denier from the same company less sheer when it comes to the beige color?

cnc

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Wow- that’s really good service .
I would have never thought to ask honestly .

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:56 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
I'm honestly confused about this - why is the 20 denier from the same company less sheer when it comes to the beige color?

The 40, 30 and 20 are minimally different. None of them are see through and beige always appears more opaque than black because of our skin underneath adding to that effect. I also think it has to do with leg thickness apparently because usually people think I'm wearing 60+ denier.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 2:57 pm
It's not really possible for 20-30 denier to be opaque. Unless you mean that you wear such a dark color that even though it's sheer, the color does the covering. Though that's still not opaque.
I wear 12 denier and it's sheer. Dd wears 20 denier and it's still sheer. I buy her the higher denier since she's still running around and needs something a drop more sturdy but still wants it to be sheer.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 3:00 pm
ra_mom wrote:
It's not really possible for 20-30 denier to be opaque. Unless you mean that you wear such a dark color that even though it's sheer, the color does the covering. Though that's still not opaque.
I wear 12 denier and it's sheer. Dd wears 20 denier and it's still sheer. I buy her the higher denier since she's still running around and needs something a drop more sturdy but still wants it to be sheer.

So what is the word for something that is not super thick, but that you cannot see through (as in you cannot see my mosquito bites, hair if I haven't shaved, cuts, bruises, etc.) and I don't think I've ever seen non Chassidish ladies wearing tights like these.

behappy2

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 3:01 pm
No

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 3:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The 40, 30 and 20 are minimally different. None of them are see through and beige always appears more opaque than black because of our skin underneath adding to that effect. I also think it has to do with leg thickness apparently because usually people think I'm wearing 60+ denier.

I wonder if the hosiery you buy is mislabeled.

20 denier is most definitely sheer. 30 to 50 is semi-sheer (or semi-opaque, if you prefer)

https://www.totallytights.com.au/denier-guide

https://www.wolfordshop.com/ho......html

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 3:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So what is the word for something that is not super thick, but that you cannot see through (as in you cannot see my mosquito bites, hair if I haven't shaved, cuts, bruises, etc.) and I don't think I've ever seen non Chassidish ladies wearing tights like these.

You can still see all these things through my 40 denier tights. Definitely 20 you can.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 3:22 pm
ra_mom wrote:
It's a huge issue since most stores won't replace it for you. But it's worth a shot to go back in with your receipt as skin as possible. Maybe you'll have luck.

And the store should know that there are quality issues. Or maybe it is a fluke. But they should still stand behind their product.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 3:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

So if I understand correctly, you're saying that black & beige are the same sheer, it's just that the sheer in beige is not as noticeable because it blends with the skin. If that's correct, isn't the same amount of skin showing thru your socks regardless of color?

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 4:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No. Not only satmar people wear seams. It's so you should be able to recognize that it is tights. My 20-30 denier tights are opague, seriously. You cannot eat mosquito bites, etc.

Ok

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 4:06 am
I'm confused. I am litvish and wear 20 dn. Its really really thin and I think of them as almost disposable. they rip after 3-4 wears.
If they would rip on the first wear that would really suck but I would feel silly asking for a refund.
What am I missing?

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 4:08 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
I'm confused. I am litvish and wear 20 dn. Its really really thin and I think of them as almost disposable. they rip after 3-4 wears.
If they would rip on the first wear that would really suck but I would feel silly asking for a refund.
What am I missing?

I don't understand it either. It's not the store's fault if it tears, that's just the way it is.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 4:17 am
I wear Calvin Klein sheer essentials hosiery in 25 denier. They are quite opaque. I am as far from chassidic as one can get, but I like the way these look and wear. When I wear them in black, I look like the transplanted Manhattanite I am, since few people wear black (or any) hose here. I rarely wear them in beige. They don't make them in taupe, unfortunately.

And OP, it's opaque with a q, not a g. Pronounced Oh-PAKE.

And they do tear, sometimes right away as I put them on. It depends on how much of a rush I am in. If I rush too much and pull the wrong way, they tear. Also, if there's some roughness on my skin or a nail, it will snag the hose, and then they are likely to tear. It's so much cheaper just to wear socks, which is why I often just wear long skirts and socks. But sometimes I need to dress more professionally, with a tailored skirt, so I do need hose.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics