Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Return torn tights?
Previous  1  2  3

pesek zman

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 4:53 am
Not knowing anything about these brands or what denier is (I do wear stockings every day but they’re not these brands) is it possible OP is very thin and/or has skinny legs, so they they don’t stretch around her leg in a way that would create transparency??

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 7:38 am
pesek zman wrote:
Not knowing anything about these brands or what denier is (I do wear stockings every day but they’re not these brands) is it possible OP is very thin and/or has skinny legs, so they they don’t stretch around her leg in a way that would create transparency??

This is what I've been thinking. I think it has to do with the color, shape and size of your legs. I even asked my neighbor this morning if she considers my tights to be thin because they are 20 denier and she couldn't believe it.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 7:43 am
pesek zman wrote:

Nope, not likely.

Its true that opaque hose will stretch and look more translucent on a heavier leg. But sheer hose are sheer -- nothing will make them opaque. Moreover, they would sag and bag if they were that loosely fitted.

This is 20 denier -- nothing is going to make them opaque.

pesek zman

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 7:44 am
SixOfWands wrote:
Nope, not likely.

Its true that opaque hose will stretch and look more translucent on a heavier leg. But sheer hose are sheer -- nothing will make them opaque. Moreover, they would sag and bag if they were that loosely fitted.

This is 20 denier -- nothing is going to make them opaque.

Maybe OP doesn’t understand opacity. Doesn’t it mean that it doesn’t show light through it ?

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 7:48 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
I'm confused. I am litvish and wear 20 dn. Its really really thin and I think of them as almost disposable. they rip after 3-4 wears.
If they would rip on the first wear that would really suck but I would feel silly asking for a refund.
What am I missing?

You aren't missing anything. OP didn't feel silly - and the hosiery store has good customer service (ie understands that her value to them as a customer is way more than the refund on the tights).
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics