Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Help Wanted
Help me save my new top!!! Urgent

tweety1

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 7:20 pm
I bought a new top wore it for new hrs and of course it got dirty. It's black n white. I washed it out and the the black ran onto the white!! How can I save it??? I washed it on a cold delicate cycle as per instructions.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 7:38 pm
Take it back to the store. The dye is obviously not set properly. You didn't do anything wrong. Even if you hand washed it, it still would have run like that.

cbg

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 7:44 pm
Never tried it but I think this is the product you need
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Car.....D_BwE
I would try to return it first

tweety1

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 7:45 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Take it back to the store. The dye is obviously not set properly. You didn't do anything wrong. Even if you hand washed it, it still would have run like that.

No Brooklyn store will take back a top for this reason. At least not where I shop.

tweety1

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 7:49 pm
cbg wrote:
Never tried it but I think this is the product you need
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Car.....D_BwE
I would try to return it first

Most (I can probably say all) ladies stores in brooklyn won't accommodate. All you get is "you're the first customer with a complaint". Even if 10 ppl bring it back they tell each one the same recording.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 7:51 pm
Use 3 sheets of Shout Color Catchers when washing. I don't know if it will work retroactively but worth a shot.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 7:54 pm
Wash it again with 2-3 sheets of color catcher. It has reversed the running dye for me already.
I use it for all 2 color clothing, it's a life saver.
I agree that no store would take it back for this reason.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 8:13 pm
This should probably be a spin off, but why are you all supporting stores that have such lousy merchandise, and terrible customer service?

From what I hear, the prices aren't even that amazing, so you're paying a lot and getting insulted at the same time. Not such a great deal, if you ask me.

There are so many excellent stores in NYC.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 8:18 pm
The stores only take back what the companies will take back and reimburse them for. They don't want to suffer the loss. Companies usually don't take back an item because the color ran.

chestnut

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 8:24 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
This should probably be a spin off, but why are you all supporting stores that have such lousy merchandise, and terrible customer service?

From what I hear, the prices aren't even that amazing, so you're paying a lot and getting insulted at the same time. Not such a great deal, if you ask me.

If you want a summer top you could wear without a shell, Jewish stores are pretty much the go to places

tweety1

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 8:33 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

There are many reasons why ppl should shop in their local stores.
Maternity, plus, not being able to take public transportation for whatever reason, shopping in Manhattan you need a few hrs I don't always have it and if I'm desperate for something new. For myself I don't like shopping online cuz of returns. Many reasons to shop local.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics