Home

The deer here think that they own the road.
Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


thunderstorm




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Jul 17 2019, 1:46 pm
flowerpower wrote:
How do you deal with the tics?

We have to check ourselves daily and usually every Shabbos one of my kids ends up with a tic. One of my kids got Lyme a year ago. My DH has become paranoid and doesn’t want us playing outdoors but we can’t do that to ourselves. It’s part of our life here. Its an extra nuisance, city people don’t have.
Back to top

ez-pass




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Jul 17 2019, 1:56 pm
The turkeys are the worst! I have a family of like 15 every single day in my yard. I don't mind the deer at all.
Back to top

Ravenclaw




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Jul 17 2019, 1:57 pm
Cuz technically they do. I don’t see why we have more rights to live here than they do.
Back to top

ShishKabob




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Jul 17 2019, 2:09 pm
Ravenclaw wrote:
Cuz technically they do. I don’t see why we have more rights to live here than they do.

We do. Maybe give them citizenship, land ownership, eligibility for voting and so on.
Back to top

soap suds




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Jul 17 2019, 2:29 pm
Ravenclaw wrote:
Cuz technically they do. I don’t see why we have more rights to live here than they do.

Until they start paying taxes like the rest of us, we do have more rights than them. Very Happy
Back to top

rgr




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Jul 17 2019, 3:13 pm


On the subject of deer, anyone who needs a laugh can listen to this
Back to top

chanatron1000




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Jul 17 2019, 3:21 pm
soap suds wrote:
Until they start paying taxes like the rest of us, we do have more rights than them. Very Happy

They pay taxes on 100% of their income, property and purchases.
Back to top

Chickpea




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Jul 17 2019, 4:08 pm
ShishKabob wrote:
We do. Maybe give them citizenship, land ownership, eligibility for voting and so on.

....and free health coverage!
Back to top

Ravenclaw




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Jul 17 2019, 4:28 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:
They pay taxes on 100% of their income, property and purchases.


Love it Smile
Back to top

Zehava




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Jul 17 2019, 4:41 pm
Y’all know that deer meat is kosher. And supposed to be delicious too. So if they aren’t smart enough to be afraid of humans maybe it’s time to take them to the shochet.
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Jul 17 2019, 5:13 pm
Zehava wrote:
Y’all know that deer meat is kosher. And supposed to be delicious too. So if they aren’t smart enough to be afraid of humans maybe it’s time to take them to the shochet.


Perfect solution!
Back to top

OutATowner




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Jul 17 2019, 7:01 pm
rgr wrote:


On the subject of deer, anyone who needs a laugh can listen to this

OMG I cannot stop laughing. I wonder if she ever realized the situation...
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Jul 17 2019, 7:22 pm
OutATowner wrote:
OMG I cannot stop laughing. I wonder if she ever realized the situation...


Sounds like me Wink
Back to top

FranticFrummie




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Jul 17 2019, 8:03 pm
OutATowner wrote:
OMG I cannot stop laughing. I wonder if she ever realized the situation...


Laughing so hard right now! LOL

Yeah, and wildlife trying to reclaim it's original territory, the NERVE of it! Who cares if they were here first, we're the ones who colonized it and paved it.

This is 'Murica, and we need to take it back. Trump should build a wall along deer crossings to protect our way of life.
Back to top

southernbubby




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Jul 17 2019, 8:11 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Laughing so hard right now! LOL

Yeah, and wildlife trying to reclaim it's original territory, the NERVE of it! Who cares if they were here first, we're the ones who colonized it and paved it.

This is 'Murica, and we need to take it back. Trump should build a wall along deer crossings to protect our way of life.


You see? I just knew we would come up with some sound ideas if we just put our heads together. Now I just need to contact Trump.
Back to top

soap suds




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Jul 18 2019, 1:27 am
OutATowner wrote:
OMG I cannot stop laughing. I wonder if she ever realized the situation...

Maybe they should just put "Car Crossing" or "people crossing" signs to the deer know to watch out for us.
Back to top

yo'ma




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Jul 18 2019, 8:45 am
rgr wrote:


On the subject of deer, anyone who needs a laugh can listen to this

I did not realize that people could be that stupid!!!
Back to top

chanatron1000




 
 
 


Post  Thu, Jul 18 2019, 9:26 am
yo'ma wrote:
I did not realize that people could be that stupid!!!

It's not actually that stupid, it's just ignorant of how this works, specifically. Other animal crossings are often controlled by humans; for example, Southern California has underpasses for tortoises.
Back to top
Previous  1, 2 Recent Topics

Page 2 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Scared to go off on his own
by amother
7 Thu, Aug 15 2019, 6:41 pm View last post
So what do you think of the Noam party?
by Rappel
79 Wed, Aug 14 2019, 9:07 am View last post
Help me think of an example..... 11 Sun, Aug 11 2019, 8:05 pm View last post
I'll ask a Rav but- what do you think?
by amother
13 Fri, Aug 09 2019, 1:25 pm View last post
Anyone own a watch store?
by Chew21
0 Tue, Aug 06 2019, 11:09 pm View last post

Jump to: