Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Would you get one higher end wig or two lower end wigs?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 11:19 am
Any longtime experienced wig wearers out there? I have some money put away for a wig. I’m unsure if I should spend it all on one wig like a yafi or get two say Irene’s. What would you choose and why?

mlc

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 1:28 pm
Based on my experience I would definitely get one nicer wig.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 1:30 pm
I had this dilemma recently and I chose to get 2 Irenes. I don't regret my decision. Especially if you wear it every day, it's good to switch off. I'm really enjoying my Irenes, it's gorgeous and comfortable.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 1:33 pm
Im a SM - if you care about trends and staying up to date, get 2 cheaper one better if they arent at the same time
If you dont care about trends then a wig is an investment, if u buy a good one it'll last you a long time.
I find most people dont like their wigs after 3-4 years so I tell most to buy cheap...

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 1:37 pm
I got two expensive wigs when I got married and 6 years later they are still in perfect condition though a bit outdated. I'm okay with that, and would definitely buy one expensive one, but if you are the very up to date type, you should probably buy one cheaper one and save the money to buy another cheaper one in a couple of years.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 1:42 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
Im a SM - if you care about trends and staying up to date, get 2 cheaper one better if they arent at the same time
If you dont care about trends then a wig is an investment, if u buy a good one it'll last you a long time.
I find most people dont like their wigs after 3-4 years so I tell most to buy cheap...

Thanks! I’m assuming you mean outdated cause of the cut?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 1:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks! I’m assuming you mean outdated cause of the cut?

Yes the cut but also the make up of a wig can really make it or break it.. flatter tops, lace fronts etc. Things you couldn't get a few years ago and a few years from now there will probably only be full lace tops..

cnc

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 1:58 pm
I would go for two cheaper ones .

DallasIma

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 4:04 pm
Two cheaper ones

Yummymummy3

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 6:39 pm
Depends on your hair colouring in my opinion.
I'm a light brown /dark blonde and been married for almost 15 yrs. Every wig I've bought has changed colour, either gone blonde or ginger. I'm constantly having to dye my Wigs. From speaking to others, this doesn't seem to happen with the more expensive Wigs. So if u aren't a dark colour then I'd suggest 1 more expensive wig.
Enjoy shopping.

newlywed613

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 7:58 pm
2 cheaper fsure!! The cheaper wigs today r very good qaulity especially if u switch off or dont overwear. Also style of wigs r going in and out so quickly tht to me it seems worth spending less and then buying another one in 2 or 3 years form now with the newer style. Plus.....u feel and look gorgeosu in a new wig forsure for a year anyway so tht feeling is awesome and may as well have it a second time too Smile

Raisin

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 8:02 pm
I would get one more expensive one myself.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 8:12 pm
Yummymummy3 wrote:
Depends on your hair colouring in my opinion.
I'm a light brown /dark blonde and been married for almost 15 yrs. Every wig I've bought has changed colour, either gone blonde or ginger. I'm constantly having to dye my Wigs. From speaking to others, this doesn't seem to happen with the more expensive Wigs. So if u aren't a dark colour then I'd suggest 1 more expensive wig.
Enjoy shopping.

Totally agree. I buy cheaper wigs because I have very dark hair. It's easy to get good quality hair that is dark. But if you have lighter hair, I think it's harder. I also feel that people are happy with their wigs if they feel they get their moneys worth. I have 2 Irene's that I love. They are worth the 1,000-1,800 I payed for them and they are still in great condition after 3-5 years. I don't know if they will last 7-10 years, but I won't be upset if they don't, because I already got my money's worth. If I spent 4k+, I'd be really upset if I only got a few years out of them, and I'd get annoyed at any perceived imperfection. But if you have lighter hair, especially red, I'd consider spending more.

MiriFr

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 8:41 pm
2 cheaper ones and 2 different companies, so that they feel and look like 2 totally different wigs. Bonus- you get to have a race to see which one will last longer

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 9:02 pm
I just got two Irenes and I'm thrilled definitely go for two cheaper ones

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 9:10 pm
What’s the budget

octopus

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 9:43 pm
One expensive one.

aricelli

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 10:38 pm
Two cheaper ones! Unless you get one expensive one and dont cut it too much so you can switch styles more easily. I got a beautiful michal and layered it when curls were very in and now enjoy the straighter look. So I got a cheaper one and I am enjoying it even more. Whatever you get: enjoy it!

elisheva25

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 11:16 pm
One expensive one. !

Shuly

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 2:28 am
One cheap one now and save the rest of the money to buy another cheap one when this one dies.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics