Home

Nutrition for a 1 year old
Previous  1, 2

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

cuties' mom

Post  Fri, Jul 19 2019, 7:26 am
If she's already getting EI, talk to your service coordinator about feeding therapy. Ds has apraxia and had to be taught how to bite, chew and swallow. His therapist taught him to bite my positioning graham crackers at the side of his mouth where he would have to bite down. We got him off baby cereal by adding a spoonful of regular oatmeal to his cereal and gradually increasing it until he was able to eat plain oatmeal.

amother

OP

Post  Fri, Jul 19 2019, 3:02 pm
cuties' mom wrote:
If she's already getting EI, talk to your service coordinator about feeding therapy. Ds has apraxia and had to be taught how to bite, chew and swallow. His therapist taught him to bite my positioning graham crackers at the side of his mouth where he would have to bite down. We got him off baby cereal by adding a spoonful of regular oatmeal to his cereal and gradually increasing it until he was able to eat plain oatmeal.

I live in NJ. EI in NJ doesn't offer feeding therapy. (Only in NY) I tried giving her banana, cookies, corn pops and other finger foods since she was 7 months. Maybe even younger.
Previous  1, 2 Recent Topics

Page 2 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h