Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Personalized shirts

YoYo

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 2:41 pm
Someone gifted my children with adorable shirts with their names printed across the front. I've always avoided my kids wearing anything that advertises their name to the world. Yarmulkes have no name nor initial, backpacks are labeled on the inside of the shoulder straps etc.

Am I being sensible?
Overly cautious?
And what to do with these shirts? The gifter will expect to see pictures of the kids wearing them on trips etc. Do I tell her before she does it again?

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 2:47 pm
It's weird to wear a shirt with your name printed across it. I've never seen anyone wearing such a shirt. On a yarmulka or backpacks, it might be cute. But not on a shirt.
Take a picture with the kids wearing the shirt & send it to your aunt. Save it for the house when they do messy activities.

pesek zman

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 2:49 pm
I with you 1000%

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 3:23 pm
I don't think that shirts with names are dangerous, but I do think that they are not stylish right now. There's nothing wrong for using them as "play clothes".

Definitely send pictures of them wearing them, and then use them for when the kids are doing painting projects or making mud pies in the back yard. Pictures of the kids playing in the shirts would be adorable to send to the relatives.

urban gypsy

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 3:27 pm
YoYo wrote:
Am I being sensible?

Yes. This is a basic child safety rule that is frequently mentioned.

salt

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 4:33 am
Or use them for pyjamas, if you don't want them to get dirty (from paint, etc).

YoYo

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 5:33 am
Thank you for all the responses. It's good to have an imamother support group for validation.

Meanwhile my kids don't understand why they can't wear the shirts, and I don't want to insult the relative when she hears from them that they're not really wearing them. And I suspect more personalized gifts are on the way.

Maybe honesty is the best policy?

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 6:33 am
Have the kids wear them when you leave them with a babysitter or anything like that where someone new needs to know their names
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children