Home

So what do you think of the Noam party?
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  Last >>

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

etky

Post  Tue, Jul 23 2019, 5:53 am
BadTichelDay wrote:
That's why I generally don't trust politicians. The Israeli system unfortunately has seen lots of investigations and also conviction of politicians, from the left to the right and even among religious parties. So, voting is always choosing the lesser evil from the pile.
But as others wrote, security issues are of supreme importance for Israel and if any politician has a good track record on them, I'd be willing to overlook lesser issues like suspected corruption, until we reach calmer waters.

Lol. Especially religious parties.
I think Shas holds the record on corruption investigations and convictions
Oh, and let's not forget s-xual misconduct, which seems to cut across the political spectrum and has certainly not left out "religious" politicians.
So yeah, power corrupts and our expectations of politicians here are very low.

Rappel

Post  Tue, Jul 23 2019, 6:45 am
Studious wrote:
Sorry. I can’t trust a corrupt politician’s decision making process. Someone who takes bribes can’t be relied on to take the best interests of the people. It seems, prima facie, that he is only looking for his own best interests.

Agreed. And I don't think that any of the leading candidates aren't tarred by this brush.

Yet, there is a huge sense of apathy about the results of the election in my religious society. People overwhelmingly vote, because it's their civic duty, but the word on the street here:
1. This is all just a game, and not one I want to play
2. I vote just to register my beliefs
3. nothing man can do will change the course of history here
4. We'll work with this government until we have a candidate for malchut beit David.

ככה.

-----
Also, unless Bibi actually lands in prison, I don't think anyone really believes he will. He's cultivated a meticulous mystique around his leadership, and seems to almost be a force of nature, or mob rule.

----

For myself, I ideologically don't agree with the price Bibi is willing to pay for security. Unless Noam develops a sound Eretz Yisrael policy (and a candidate list, maybe????), then my vote goes to Otzma, whom I know will never bend to pressure.

imasoftov

Post  Tue, Jul 23 2019, 7:22 am
jerusalem90 wrote:
... victimless karet sins such as a Jewish woman not keeping nidda, or a Jew eating cheeseburgers.

If you were saying that the punishment for eating meat and milk together is karet, it isn't.

Studious

Post  Tue, Jul 23 2019, 7:54 am
The ongoing investigations against Bibi aren’t for run of the mill political dishonesty. The allegations are very serious. It seems disingenuous to say that oh well all politicians are corrupt.

jerusalem90

Post  Tue, Jul 23 2019, 9:02 am
imasoftov wrote:
If you were saying that the punishment for eating meat and milk together is karet, it isn't.

You're right; I stand corrected. I should have said that there are kareit sins which do not get the same outrage that homosxuality does. Violating Shabbat, eating on Yom Kippur, eating chametz on Pesach.

Rappel

Post  Tue, Jul 23 2019, 12:44 pm
Studious wrote:
The ongoing investigations against Bibi aren’t for run of the mill political dishonesty. The allegations are very serious. It seems disingenuous to say that oh well all politicians are corrupt.

Do you see me voting for Bibi? Nope.

But if he were horrifically corrupt, yet the best man for increasing our land and Torah, then I probably would.

etky

Post  Tue, Jul 23 2019, 1:02 pm
Studious wrote:

So were the bribery allegations against Sharon in the Greek Island affair, which many even believe led to his decision to implement the disengagement from Gush Katif.
So were the corruption allegations against Ehud Olmert which eventually led to his conviction and imprisonment.
So were the financial allegations against former President Ezer Weizman, which ultimately led to his resignation as president.
So were the allegations of rape and s-xual harrasment against former President Moshe Katzav which led to his conviction and imprisonment.
So were the corruption allegations against Aryeh Deri which led to his conviction and imprisonment (but which unbelievably didn't prevent him from reassuming his political career).
So far the allegations against Bibi are just allegations and it's hard to dismiss the thought that at least some of them are politically motivated.
So yeah, I might be a bit jaded but these allegations are not going to influence my vote.

Rappel

Post  Thu, Jul 25 2019, 5:09 am
Well, it looks like Noam is in it for real. I guess these four will be leading the list?

http://www.israelnationalnews......spx/266477

etky

Post  Thu, Jul 25 2019, 5:27 am
Rappel wrote:
Well, it looks like Noam is in it for real. I guess these four will be leading the list?

http://www.israelnationalnews......spx/266477

Obviously they have no chance of actually garnering the 4 mandates needed to enter the Knesset. The electoral threshold is a huge obstacle to parties like this, that appeal to a very narrow sector over whose votes many other, more established parties are competing.
The issue is that they will try to ally themselves or combine with one of the other extreme right wing parties, driving a wedge into the efforts to create a 'big tent' party to the right of the Likud - and this in the face of the thus far successful thrust for similar unity on the Left.
I don't see how this will contribute to the victory of the Likud over Kachol Lavan or the possiblity of creating a right wing government with the predicted election results.
So for me, this is a very worrying develpment.

Rappel

Post  Thu, Jul 25 2019, 5:36 am
I'm not sure they're so small... A lot of people donated to their fundraiser. DH and I are each in the party update WhatsApp groups they started when YouTube refused to carry their videos. He joined about a day in, and he's in group six. I joined a day later, and I'm in group twelve. That's a lot of people in between, and that was way before they started gaining traction.

etky

Post  Thu, Jul 25 2019, 6:13 am
Rappel wrote:
I'm not sure they're so small... A lot of people donated to their fundraiser. DH and I are each in the party update WhatsApp groups they started when YouTube refused to carry their videos. He joined about a day in, and he's in group six. I joined a day later, and I'm in group twelve. That's a lot of people in between, and that was way before they started gaining traction.

They'll need about 140,000 votes to get into the Knesset.
With all the already existing parties competing over this sector - and what with their very hard line agenda that narrows their appeal, I don't see it happening.
They will sipon off votes from parties like Otzma and Bayit Yehudi and possibly prevent all three from passing. As it is Otzma has but a very small chance of passing and Bayit Yehudi without Otzma is hovering at the precipice.
What may happen is that Bayit Yehudi will unite with Yemin Hadash and Otzma with Noam.
But basically, I don't think that Noam will be adding any votes to Otzma - just forcing them to allow them in b/c they have pretty much the same constituency and preventing their unification with the other right wing parties .

Rappel

Post  Mon, Jul 29 2019, 3:11 pm
So, Otzma and Noam are running together. I'm glad - it simplifies my choice. Smile

etky

Post  Mon, Jul 29 2019, 3:19 pm
Rappel wrote:
So, Otzma and Noam are running together. I'm glad - it simplifies my choice. Smile

And Yemin Hahadash and Bayit Yehudi are running together too.
Still not voting for them, although I'm glad they did unite and I hope they do well.

Rappel

Post  Mon, Jul 29 2019, 5:45 pm
etky wrote:
And Yemin Hahadash and Bayit Yehudi are running together too.
Still not voting for them, although I'm glad they did unite and I hope they do well.

Yes. I suspect that the was the final nail in the coffin of BY, yet only time will tell.

jerusalem90

Post  Tue, Jul 30 2019, 5:34 am
I wish everyone right of Likud would unite.

etky

Post  Tue, Jul 30 2019, 6:01 am
jerusalem90 wrote:
I wish everyone right of Likud would unite.

Might yet happen....

etky

Post  Thu, Aug 01 2019, 10:46 am
Rappel wrote:

New twist - just read that the union between Otzma and Noam is off Surprised

Rappel

Post  Thu, Aug 01 2019, 12:11 pm
etky wrote:
New twist - just read that the union between Otzma and Noam is off Surprised

What what what?????

Link please!

etky

Post  Thu, Aug 01 2019, 12:14 pm
Rappel wrote:
What what what?????

Link please!

https://www.inn.co.il/News/Flash.aspx/687308

Rappel

Post  Thu, Aug 01 2019, 12:16 pm
http://www.israelnationalnews......spx/266812

Holeee... Can't anyone decide anything in this country???? The deadline is TONIGHT
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 3 of 5 View latest: 24h 48h 72h