Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What's with this horrid white makeup?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

aricelli

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 2:29 pm
Goth!

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 2:34 pm
Orchid wrote:
Is the frum world catching on to the vampire Twilight series 10 years late? At each of the several weddings I've been to recently, the young crowd is pasted white. YUK!!! Why, oh Hashem, WHY??

I also saw it recently by weddings I've been and thought the ppl look like a dying person. White makeup with light lipstick. Even the eyeshadow matched the pale face.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 2:54 pm
If this is really a trend, then the makeup artists would feature it on their Instagram pages. Anyone have any frum artists' links showing this?

nchr

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 3:02 pm
Orchid wrote:
Is the frum world catching on to the vampire Twilight series 10 years late? At each of the several weddings I've been to recently, the young crowd is pasted white. YUK!!! Why, oh Hashem, WHY??

Probably their natural skin colors?
Some people only put on base for religious reasons - no blush, etc.

hodeez

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 3:03 pm
It's the overconcealing

Orchid

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 3:15 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
I also saw it recently by weddings I've been and thought the ppl look like a dying person. White makeup with light lipstick. Even the eyeshadow matched the pale face.

Thank you amother, I was almost feeling gaslighted by everyone else saying that I didn't really see what I thought I saw. I have been probably to thousands of weddings in my life and I know what different styles of makeup are or what it looks like if people use nude lipstick or whatever. This is an entirely new trend I have never seen before. Apparently not by most of you either! It is more of a yeshivish/Lakewood thing. Maybe Chayalle can weigh in! would venture that most of the people who are engaging in this new style are not even on Imamother.

Last edited by Orchid on Thu, Jul 18 2019, 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rappel

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 3:17 pm
Orchid wrote:
Thank you amother, I was almost feeling gaslighted by everyone else saying that I didn't really see what I thought I saw. I have been probably to thousands of weddings in my life and I know what different styles of makeup are or what it looks like if people use nude lipstick or whatever. This is an entirely new trend I have never seen before. Apparently not by most of you either! It is more of a yeshivish/Lamewood thing. Maybe Chayalle can weigh in! would venture that most of the people who are engaging in this new style are not even on Imamother.

It sounds bizarre - and dramatic only if you have a very chiseled face. Otherwise, just why??

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 3:23 pm
Orchid wrote:
Thank you amother, I was almost feeling gaslighted by everyone else saying that I didn't really see what I thought I saw. I have been probably to thousands of weddings in my life and I know what different styles of makeup are or what it looks like if people use nude lipstick or whatever. This is an entirely new trend I have never seen before. Apparently not by most of you either! It is more of a yeshivish/Lamewood thing. Maybe Chayalle can weigh in! would venture that most of the people who are engaging in this new style are not even on Imamother.

The one I saw looked like a ghost or after surviving a war.
Couldn't stare too long on her as it was scary. She even matched her dress to makeup so was bizzare from top to bottom

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 3:31 pm
I haven’t seen it in real life or Instagram.

Do you mean like this.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz.....hl=en

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 3:33 pm
I live in Lakewood and am in a pretty trendy crowd. I had two siblings weddings recently and don’t know what you are talking about at all.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 3:34 pm
Or this glow?
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv.....hl=en

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 3:35 pm
Yeah I was just at a Lakewood wedding of a family in the fashion and wedding business and no white skin. So trying to figure it out.

giselle

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 3:37 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
The one I saw looked like a ghost or after surviving a war.
Couldn't stare too long on her as it was scary. She even matched her dress to makeup so was bizzare from top to bottom

I hope you never see me without makeup. At least now I’ll always be in style!

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 4:05 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Or this glow?

The whole "glow" thing is bizarre. Highlighter was invented to shape the face, give a healthy look, and draw attention to specific areas of the face, not to make people look like they are made of metal or glitter.

aricelli

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 4:05 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Or this glow?

Ah! This I’ve seen: otherworldly, like the shechinah is resting on her face lol

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 4:08 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
The whole "glow" thing is bizarre. Highlighter was invented to shape the face, give a healthy look, and draw attention to specific areas of the face, not to make people look like they are made of metal or glitter.

I think makeup is creative. Who cares what something was designed for?
If people like it and it makes them happy, let them.
I have a massive highlighter collection and I love it.

DrMom

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 4:09 pm
Maybe you accidentally stepped into a kabuki theater?

Never saw this trend. Sounds ghastly.

aricelli

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 4:16 pm
Actually- the kallah I saw looked lovely- it was a soft understated glow

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 4:22 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
I think makeup is creative. Who cares what something was designed for?
If people like it and it makes them happy, let them.
I have a massive highlighter collection and I love it.

Fine, but it's like wearing blue lipstick or yellow blush. It's fun and pretty, but not natural looking in the slightest.

Orchid

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 4:35 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Yeah I was just at a Lakewood wedding of a family in the fashion and wedding business and no white skin. So trying to figure it out.

Well, I have seen a couple of people in white-skin each at a few different weddings recently. I guess if it's only a couple of people, you're going to have weddings where no one has it. I actually have pictures but can't obviously black out their faces for privacy if I'm trying to show you the faces...
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics