Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Arguments you never thought you'll have....
Previous  1  2  3

preciousmommy

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 9:51 pm
soap suds wrote:
It happens the other way around by me.

4 yr old screaming at the top of his lungs: Mooooommyyyy!!!!

Me: stop, drop, and run to see what's the matter

Him: I wasn't calling you. I was calling the other Mommy (6 yr old sister he's playing "house" with)

It's happened more than once, and I come running every time. I never seem to learn.

Yes! I asked my daughter if she could call my other daughter Ima (I'm Mommy), but she refused.

Either that, or the crying. I check what's wrong...but they are just playing "baby". They're pretty good at fake crying.

DVOM

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 9:55 pm
I'm playing monopoly with my six year old. He tells me he wants to win a lot of 'loo-maa'. I'm stumped for a bit but then I figure it out. "you mean you want to win a lot of 'moolah', right sweetie, like, you want to win a lot of money?" He gives me a sweet 'let's humor her' smile and says "you can call it 'moolah' if you want mommy.' And turning to his brother: 'Can you please pass the loo-maa?'

debsey

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 10:53 pm
DVOM wrote:
I'm playing monopoly with my six year old. He tells me he wants to win a lot of 'loo-maa'. I'm stumped for a bit but then I figure it out. "you mean you want to win a lot of 'moolah', right sweetie, like, you want to win a lot of money?" He gives me a sweet 'let's humor her' smile and says "you can call it 'moolah' if you want mommy.' And turning to his brother: 'Can you please pass the loo-maa?'
. What a sweetie! Yum!

top mom

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 11:11 pm
I was taking a short shower in the morning before taking dd4 to day camp.
Suddenly I hear her crying pitifully, so I get out quickly. I ask why she's crying.
"I thought you and Tatty left me all by myself and I'll have to go to day camp alone, but then I heard Tatty snoring, so I knew he was home"
All said in the most adorably emotional tone.

Jewishfoodie

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 11:19 pm
Me: go to bed!
Me; NO!
Me; Why not!
Me: Because I didnt finish cooking
Me: but youre tired! Youre talking to yourself!
Me; too bad! Im not leaving until the kitchen is spotless
Me: You'll be up half the night!
Me: deal with it!
Me: I will not!
Me. Dont.
Me: Can u at least put your phone down so you can actually get work done?
Me: dont tell me how to do my job!
Me: fine! Suit yourself!
Me: fine! (Huff)

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 11:21 pm
Was in a store with my then 21 month old daughter, she spots the baby blankets. , points and yells bla bla. Started throwing a mega tantrum and because I love her so much Wink I call my husband to ask if we can justify spending $60 on a shmancy blanket when this kid has about a gazillion others... daddy loves her even more, thinks for a sec and says, yes, but see if they have anything cheaper. Suddenly I spot a little shelf on the side of the register with blankets and a sign with big lettering: “$15 blankets” I choose one that is not as pretty and plush as the others, but what won’t I do to make this kids life easier. Turns out blankets were $15 off the 60 and I nicely put it back to the protest of my toddler/teenager. (Next stop was the bookstore where she didn’t stop signing and yelling boo(k) boo(k) and couldn’t understand why in the world I’m not buying her any...)
Anyway fast forward about 2 months and I just got her a cozy juicy couture blanket on amazon for $16.99, figured I’ll get it for her birthday (along with the other splurges for the ‘birthday ‘) So blanket arrives and I’m not crazy over the design & am think8ng of returning it or saving for next hospital admit. but toddler spotted it & forced me to open it. I really tried to not give in, but no, she was waaaay stronger and guess who paraded all around clinic in this heat with a Sherpa lined blanket?
Yup, you can’t separate these 2 now...

EsaEinai

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 12:18 am
I have this on video.

My 6 year old son started bawling and tantruming one day.
“What’s wrong?” I asked
“you never go to target anymore! You only do target drive up!”
“What’s wrong with target drive up??”
(Through his tears) “we never get to look at the toys anymore! I hate target drive up!!”

soap suds

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 12:20 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Me: go to bed!
Me; NO!
Me; Why not!
Me: Because I'm on Imamother.
Me: but youre tired! Youre talking to yourself!
Me; too bad! Im not leaving until I've read every single thread
Me: You'll be up half the night!
Me: deal with it!
Me: I will not!
Me. Dont.
Me: Can u at least put your phone down so you can actually get work done?
Me: That's the only way to do my job!
Me: fine! Suit yourself!
Me: fine! (Huff)

FTFY

Jewishfoodie

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 12:22 am
soap suds wrote:
FTFY

And thats why I (trigger word alert) love you!

Metukah

Post Sat, Jul 20 2019, 8:32 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I have this with my oldest. He came home from Yeshiva and doesn’t leave me alone . He freaks out that I’m not holding my one year old with two hands. And that I’m not being “careful” handling her.

What is it with these kids?

Baby DD is not feeling too well today. She was really miserable and he kept on finding reasons for her crying.

"are you sure she isn't crying cos her diapers full?"
'yes I'm sure'
"did you check?"
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics