Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Pants like Tiros
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 2:11 pm
I'm going crazy having to keep buying these pants for my DS. Any other brands that are cheaper that make something similar?
Doesn't need to have the stripes but he likes the tapered fit of the leg and the material. Looking for $10-15 range. He's 12 so needs to come in bigger sizes.
Thanks

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 2:33 pm
Did you try eBay? I made offers on some for that range.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 2:48 pm
Quote:

Did you try eBay? I made offers on some for that range.

Were they new or used? I can't imagine getting used. My biggest issue with them is I don't feel that they hold up well for the price.
They get snagged after a few wears and get holes in the knees after a couple of weeks Sad

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 3:29 pm
Just bought new balance pants for $8.99 in century 21. They are a little less tapered on the bottom, very thin fabric.
My son likes them.
Anon cuz I told pple about them.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 3:48 pm
Used but great condition and had no problems. No idea if snagged or not but definitely no holes. I got them for my boys to wear in camp, what do I care how good they are for 4 weeks? I don't want to spend a lot when they wear them for so little in the year...I also got a different brand that was probably from Walmart brand new on eBay for very cheap but they don't really taper and they have neon on the bottom. I'm not the best fashion expert Tongue Out

Fabulous

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 5:55 pm
I got champion from target last summer for $10. But beware if he’s with cool kids bec my 9/10 year old got comments that kids wear those for pajamas

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 6:03 pm
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....f4dd5

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 6:45 pm
Quote:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....f4dd5

These are exactly what I'm looking for but they're not Prime - wouldn't order anything I can't return Confused
My DS is very makpid on the tapered leg part - that seems hard to find in a lower price point.
As far as brand - we live very OOT so brands don't matter so much, as long as it looks like the style

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 7:09 pm
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/7IYrzfI
From Ali
My 12 year old fits into the size medium

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 7:48 pm
Quote:
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/7IYrzfI
From Ali
My 12 year old fits into the size medium

These look great! For $11 I think I'll try them.
How big is your DS?
Mine is about 5'3" and 100lbs, just trying to compare for sizing

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 8:43 pm
My 12 yr old son is about 5 feet and 110 lb.
The medium is a bit long but works. I’d guess the medium would be right for yours.

For comparison my older son who is almost 6 feet is wearing the xl

ETA: looking at my son I wonder if they won’t be “tapered” enough for your son who must be pretty thin... but prob still worth the the $ to try

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 8:49 pm
Do others tiros rip really easily? Been thru so many pairs this summer !!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 9:03 pm
Quote:

Do others tiros rip really easily? Been thru so many pairs this summer !!

Yes!!!! That is what is making me crazy. I feel like the quality has gone down the past few years. I would say a pair that my son wears twice a week rips after about 6 weeks at the knees. Not a very long life for $20-25 pants

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 9:04 pm
Quote:
ETA: looking at my son I wonder if they won’t be “tapered” enough for your son who must be pretty thin... but prob still worth the the $ to try

Yes, he has a very lanky build. For that price I'm going to try them anyway.
Thank you so much!

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 9:09 pm
I didn’t notice issues with the Ali version ripping.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 9:38 pm
What are tiros? Everyone keeps mentioning it on here, but never heard of them!

Fabulous

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 10:04 pm
it's Adidas sports pants

and 20-25 is good. Full price they are 40

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 11:00 pm
Amazon had for $18 on prime day. But I ordered the wrong size. They still have some at that price point but the ones I want are now $22 which isn’t horrible compared to full price.

Are boys only bringing these to camp?. I was going to send some and the rest his regular pants.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 11:10 pm
Quote:
Amazon had for $18 on prime day. But I ordered the wrong size. They still have some at that price point but the ones I want are now $22 which isn’t horrible compared to full price.

I usually pay around $22, I set a price watch on amazon. But yes, my DS will only wear these to camp, so even doing laundry twice a week I need at least 3 pairs (this is day camp, sleepaway camp would need way more) and he's already gotten holes in 3 pairs this summer.
He also wears them every sunday during the year and very often changes into them after school each day.
My guess is I spend close to $200 just on these pants alone over the year Banging head

amother
Black

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 11:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Quote:

I usually pay around $22, I set a price watch on amazon. But yes, my DS will only wear these to camp, so even doing laundry twice a week I need at least 3 pairs (this is day camp, sleepaway camp would need way more) and he's already gotten holes in 3 pairs this summer.
He also wears them every sunday during the year and very often changes into them after school each day.
My guess is I spend close to $200 just on these pants alone over the year Banging head

Don't mean to hijack this thread but just curious how to set a price-watch on amazon.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics