Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Childcare provider language

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 5:52 am
How important is the language that your childcare provider speaks to your child in?
How does it impact the childs language development?
(To answer your first question as your reading this, Yes, I'm a ftm)
Baby is 1.
The provider seems warm and loving, doesn't really speak English though. Baby will be with her full time, so for those who will say I'll be speaking English to him the rest of the time, he'll be spending a nice chunk of hours there.
I do have another option of a warm loving provider, but a bit of a distance, so I'm trying to weigh how important it is.

Thanks y'all.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 5:55 am
I purposely asked my nanny to speak to my children exclusively in her native language, because I wanted them to learn it. It worked out very nicely and my kids all developed language skills early or right on schedule. I also wanted her to feel completely comfortable while communicating with them, and English would have been more strained for her.

cm

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 5:56 am
It is a wonderful opportunity to be exposed to another language in infancy and early childhood. Just be sure that she has some way of communicating essential information in an emergency.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics