Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
For Shtisel Fans
1  2  Next

estreya

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 10:40 pm
Great interview with the actors who portray Shulem, Gitty and Kive.

Interview starts a few minutes into it. Was surprised how good Michael Aloni & Neta Riskin's command of English is.

Enjoy!

essie14

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 5:53 am
Loved this! Thanks for sharing

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 9:15 am
It broke my heart when Neta said "I'm Jewish, but I don't know how to be Jewish."

giselle

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 10:16 am
Side point, am I the only one who is really disappointed that Elisheva is no longer on the show? If they had her in the interview, I’d be more hopeful that that means she’s coming back for the next season.

Dina2018

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 7:39 pm
It sounds stupid I know but I couldn't watch it although I‘m sure it‘s very interesting. I can‘t see „Shulem Stissel“ looking like this 🙈

Fave

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 7:47 pm
Dina2018 wrote:
It sounds stupid I know but I couldn't watch it although I‘m sure it‘s very interesting. I can‘t see „Shulem Stissel“ looking like this 🙈

Same here

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 7:50 pm
Fave wrote:
Same here

Totally relate

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 1:58 am
Dina2018 wrote:

I think he's really good looking Very Happy

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 2:38 pm
giselle wrote:
Side point, am I the only one who is really disappointed that Elisheva is no longer on the show? If they had her in the interview, I’d be more hopeful that that means she’s coming back for the next season.
I know there have been talks about a third season, but I really do not think there is going to be one.
I mean, the show ended over 5 years ago here in Israel. The actors have moved on. They are more well known now. Money talks and where there is no more money, there is no more show.

soap suds

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 2:41 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Totally relate

Me too.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 2:44 pm
Anyone else think that the actors, both male and female, look muuuuuuuuuuuuuuch more attractive dressed in Tznius clothing, than in their regular everyday dress?

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 5:30 pm
Where can I watch the show?

estreya

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 5:39 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Where can I watch the show?

Netflix (or Youtube, I believe has episodes of it).

Dina2018

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 6:27 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Anyone else think that the actors, both male and female, look muuuuuuuuuuuuuuch more attractive dressed in Tznius clothing, than in their regular everyday dress?
YES

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 7:12 pm
Dina2018 wrote:
YES

I thought it was only me.

To me, in their everyday dress, they look not more, not less attractive than the average guy and girl walking down the streets of Manhattan.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 9:34 pm

Yup

amother
Black

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 12:25 am

No. I think you’re just seeing that because you want to.
You really think Giti looks better in that tichel she wears around the house than with her beautiful long hair? Or that Akive looks better in peyos than his regular hairdo? No way.

tichellady

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 12:26 am

Not even a little

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 1:07 am
I thought it was only me.

To me, in their everyday dress, they look not more, not less attractive than the average guy and girl walking down the streets of Manhattan.

Well and with payos and a tichel they look like any average person walking around in geula.

She looks so unattractive in shtisel, it was really nice to see how pretty she really is.
And it's not necessarily the tznius clothing. One can dress tznius and dress nice. She doesn't dress nice and her headcoverings aren't nice looking either. If she had a nice sheitel and beautiful coloful dresses she'd be tznius and gorgeous.

Same with him, he kind of dresses like a shlump.

Dina2018

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 2:59 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Well and with payos and a tichel they look like any average person walking around in geula.

She looks so unattractive in shtisel, it was really nice to see how pretty she really is.
And it's not necessarily the tznius clothing. out can dress tznius and dress nice. She doesn't dress nice and her headcoverings isn't nice looking either. If she had a nice sheitel and beautiful coloful dresses she'd be tznius and gorgeous.

Same with him, he kind of dresses like a shlump.

I found Gitty very attractive
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics