Home

What facial product can you not live without
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Product Reviews

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


eema1




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Jul 22 2019, 11:03 pm
I see so many ads for what looks like miracle products. They "get rid" of fine lines and wrinkles and make your skin smooth an young... so is there really a youth serum out there that you think works???
My friends grandmother swore by raw egg whites for 20 min.on the skin then wash with tepid water... she really did not have wrinkles! She also warned not to open a hot oven with the stuff on your face!
Back to top

MiriFr




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Jul 22 2019, 11:08 pm
Neutrogena 50 spf sunscreen! It's also moisturizing, so two in one!

Sunscreen is the most important thing to prevent wrinkles. UV rays zap elastins in your skin to death. Elastins make your skin elastic and plump and young. Without elastins, your skin starts to sag, bend, and wrinkle. If they're dead, theyre dead. So wear sunscreen all day every day!
Back to top

chanatron1000




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Jul 22 2019, 11:17 pm
Other than sunscreen and light moisturizer, many people don't need any products at all. Sometimes it does more harm than good.
Back to top

jkw




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Jul 23 2019, 7:10 am
Agree re sunscreen. It comes in so many forms now (creams, rollons, etc.) and it is the last thing I put on before going out.
Back to top

Teomima




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Jul 23 2019, 7:18 am
I use two things and two things only: apricot facial scrub, and a light, oil-free moisturizer with spf. Love them both.
Back to top

thunderstorm




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Jul 23 2019, 7:19 am
I like any hydrating facial moisturizer
Back to top

eema1




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Jul 23 2019, 10:36 am
I always worry about putting anything on my face, as a kid I would breakout like crazy and my face is oily, but I guess I should start some kind of real regimen at this point in my life.
I just get sucked into those infomercials and the amazing before and after pics, which are probably not real.
Back to top

cinnabon




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Jul 23 2019, 10:49 am
I love the st Ives apricot scrub to exfoliate my skin like 3-4 times a week.
I Also use the first aid beauty cleanser and moisturizing primer daily before applying makeup
Back to top

aliavi




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Jul 23 2019, 1:28 pm
I don’t use a physical exfoliant (like the apricot scrub) on the advice of a dermatologist. I have dry skin and I love The Ordinary’s Glycolic Acid toner. It’s my can’t live without product. And Cerve PM (layered).
Back to top

lone




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Jul 23 2019, 1:53 pm
aliavi wrote:
I don’t use a physical exfoliant (like the apricot scrub) on the advice of a dermatologist. I have dry skin and I love The Ordinary’s Glycolic Acid toner. It’s my can’t live without product. And Cerve PM (layered).

The glycolic toner doesn’t make ur skin dry?
My skin is oily but after the use of the toner, my skin becomes drier
Back to top

aliavi




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Jul 23 2019, 5:47 pm
lone wrote:
The glycolic toner doesn’t make ur skin dry?
My skin is oily but after the use of the toner, my skin becomes drier


That brand is the only I have used. It stings a little and then I moisturize after. I think with taking away the dead surface my skin is more moisturized looking and feeling.
Back to top

ariela




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Jul 23 2019, 5:48 pm
nivea soft
clinique all about eyes
mac fix n prime settingspray

I shoulf look for a good cleanser and moisturiser, but I wasnt yet successful in finding a really good one that works for me, so I currently just use any and they are okayish
Back to top

MiriFr




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Jul 23 2019, 5:51 pm
ariela wrote:
nivea soft
clinique all about eyes
mac fix n prime settingspray

I shoulf look for a good cleanser and moisturiser, but I wasnt yet successful in finding a really good one that works for me, so I currently just use any and they are okayish


Aveeno makes the best face washes.
Ponds and neutrogena make the best moisturizers.

Make sure you are looking for 2% salicylic acid as the active ingredient in face wash.
Back to top

FranticFrummie




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Jul 23 2019, 6:20 pm
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....65136

Jojoba oil!
Back to top

eema1




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jul 28 2019, 10:17 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
https://www.imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=365136

Jojoba oil!

Thanks for the great link- but I am guessing I'll still need a sunscreen with it. The sunscreen would go on after correct?
Back to top

eema1




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jul 28 2019, 10:19 pm
MiriFr wrote:
Neutrogena 50 spf sunscreen! It's also moisturizing, so two in one!

Sunscreen is the most important thing to prevent wrinkles. UV rays zap elastins in your skin to death. Elastins make your skin elastic and plump and young. Without elastins, your skin starts to sag, bend, and wrinkle. If they're dead, theyre dead. So wear sunscreen all day every day!


Thanks! Just bought myself some- had a coupon from CVS so even better!
Back to top

nchr




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jul 28 2019, 10:20 pm
Baking soda.
Apple cider vinegar. Just a little bit.
Avoiding the sun.
Wash off makeup!
Back to top

eema1




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jul 28 2019, 11:53 pm
nchr wrote:
Baking soda.
Apple cider vinegar. Just a little bit.
Avoiding the sun.
Wash off makeup!


What do I do with all of this- aside for a science experiment? Do I make a scrub and use it to wash my face?
Back to top

nchr




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Jul 29 2019, 12:28 am
eema1 wrote:
What do I do with all of this- aside for a science experiment? Do I make a scrub and use it to wash my face?


Wash off makeup.
Scrub face with a baking soda paste and leave on - your face will be whiteish.
Wait a few minutes and wash off.
Take a cotton ball - dip a little bit of apple cider vinegar. Apply sparingly around your face- do not get it in your eyes. Wash off after 5 minutes or earlier if it burns you. Be careful and do a skin test before because some people get very irritated from apple cider vinegar.
Back to top

familyfirst




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Jul 29 2019, 1:40 am
Dove soap and oil of Olay
Keep it simple
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Product Reviews

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Watch the impeachment hearings live
by WhatFor
8 Today at 11:36 am View last post
Does anyone live in South bend Indiana or Cincinnati Ohio?
by devash1
5 Mon, Nov 11 2019, 5:17 pm View last post
Place for relaxing, good facial in Flatbush
by amother
1 Wed, Nov 06 2019, 11:27 am View last post
Montreal: do all chasidish live together & close by? And non
by amother
7 Wed, Oct 30 2019, 9:03 am View last post
Product/service 'out of gan eden'
by amother
5 Fri, Oct 25 2019, 8:28 am View last post

Jump to: