Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How to clean Hardwood floors?

Sunshineforever

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 5:24 am
Could I damage the floor if I mop it with alot of water?

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 5:31 am
Yes, you need to use very little detergent and water, otherwise the floor may get dull and waterstained.

jflower

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 8:14 am
The guy who stained my hardwood floors told me to use water only and to wring out the mop so that there is very little moisture. it's been about 15 years and my floors still look great but I do wonder sometimes if I should be using some product to clean the floors.

Do not use a lot of water!

Amarante

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 10:32 am
There was another recent lengthy thread on this subject.

Everyone would agree that using a lot of water is damaging to wood floors.

Some were advised that the safest way to clean wood floors are products specifically designed for them like the Bona sprays which are used with a mop made of microfiber. Others use a damp mop (very wrung out) with sometimes a small amount of vinegar.

My research also indicated that using Morphy's Wood Soap on floors (or any other wood surface) is NOT good for them.

I recently installed wood floors and am following the advice of the manufacturer - mine are factory finished and am using the Bona spray with a microfiber mop. You don't even spray the floor - you spray the mop. I am erring on the side of caution as my floors were expensive and the recommended floor cleaning system is relatively cheap. I know I am not hurting my floors using the specifically recommended floor cleaners so why take a chance on something that is NOT recommended.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics