Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
2 yr old wimpering all night

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 11:36 am
this is making me so sad and worried. for the past week my 2 yr old has been crying out all night. from about an hour into her sleep till the morning. every few minutes she cries or calls for me. when I come to her bed she's more or less asleep. she's not teething and dr doesn't see anything that can be causing this. I've tried tucking her in, singing to her, music, taking her in my bed, giving her a drink nothing helped at all. at some point I thought maybe she's scared of something but I can't know for sure. I'm at my wits end. the poor kid is overtired and needs a good peaceful night.
any experienced mothers would know what this could be? the doc says it's normal. that's not a good enough answer for me. I want to help my child but idk how.

pesek zman

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 11:37 am
Sounds like growing pains to me! My (tall) girl had this and still does occasionally. We gave Tylenol or Motrin. Try and see if it helps

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 11:43 am
I did give Tylenol bc I thought she was teething but it didn't help. she didn't calm down. Sad

pesek zman

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 11:47 am
Night terrors? My girl had that too.

Dini

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 11:53 am
could something at daycare or babysitter be bothering her?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 12:18 pm
it sounds like night terrors, poor child. could be something at kiddie group bothering her but idk. she only started a month ago and adjusted nicely.
is there something I can do?

holylandgirl

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 12:38 pm
Are you sure it's not pinworms?

chatz

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 1:30 pm
I was also going to suggest checking for pinworms.

Or a mosquito in the room.

shanarishona

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 1:32 pm
Doesn’t sound like night terror to me.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 1:50 pm
holylandgirl wrote:
Are you sure it's not pinworms?

I’ve had only one kid with pinworms and he was two when that happened. It took a a while to figure out what’s wrong but once we checked him in the dark with a flashlight we confirmed it and treated it and he slept well again.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 6:28 pm
DD started having dreams she could remember at that age. She'd half wake up and fuss, but when she was awake I'd talk to her about what dreams are. She thought they were real, and it was freaking her out.

I told her that when you are asleep, that your brain gets bored. Your brain starts telling itself stories, but sometimes the stories are not nice. You are the boss of your brain, so you wake up and tell your brain "Brain, I did not like that story! Tell me a nice one."

Sometimes, I could hear her on the baby monitor scolding her brain in the middle of the night. LOL So cute! Her nightmares stopped shortly after that.

Another thought, is your DD wearing diapers at night, or is she night trained already? Your DD may be on the verge of being mature enough to know that she needs to use the bathroom (with your help, of course.) DD used to wake up in the middle of the night, not really knowing what she wanted. I'd put her on the toilet and she'd pee, and be asleep before I could lay her back down again.

momfive

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 7:27 pm
Sounds like pinworms, my kids have done this
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics