Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Adoption-- please help me navigate this parsha

ProudMommie

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 12:09 pm
We have a specific, actual child that we want to adopt.. what do we do.. what is step 1.. and how do we do it quickly, and without great costs? I am thoroughly confused by the process and feel that a person in the know can help us to navigate the system without bumping our heads against the wall as much.. private/public? agencies? state requirements? How do we do this quickly before the school year starts?? Please respond only if you know about adoption and/or have been through it.. Any social workers out there.. maybe? please pm me or even better call [...] TIA

Phone number removed by mod for safety reasons. Please pm this poster if you'd like to contact her.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 12:16 pm
I'm not there yet, but I have been considering it seriously. Shaindel at atime is a wealth of information in America. Call her up for information. If you are not going thru an agency, I believe you need a lawyer. You also need home studies, etc. Hatzlocha.

ProudMommie

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 12:33 pm
thank you so much.. I also got more info, so please keep my number and/or contact on here (though I don't check messages here very often honestly) and when you are holding there maybe I will be able to give you info too.. or just be a listening ear, etc.... Smile thanks again

Zehava

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 12:50 pm
Not so smart to put your number on here. All sorts of unsavory characters frequent this site. You’d be better off with pm or an anonymous email address.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 1:42 pm
Thanks. Hatzlocha and I hope it all works out

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 2:51 pm
ProudMommie, do I remember that you are in Israel? If so, adoption has to be done through Lemaan Hayeled. I dont know how private adoption is done, or if it is done, here in Israel. Good luck though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics