Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Nickname for Devorah
Previous  1  2  3  Next

nchr

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 8:12 pm
In Hungary they were called Voiku.
I second Debbie or Dory.

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 8:29 pm
Honey?

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 11:57 am
debo

Lushken

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 12:35 pm
Debutchka

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 7:37 pm
When I introduced my baby Devorah to our 3 year old, he called her Debaby!

dee's mommy

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 8:36 pm
My daughter's name is Devorah. Here and only here, she is known as "Dee." (See my screen name.)

We tried to do Devorahleh in early days, but it never stuck. She has no nicknames. My son used to call her "Vorah" when he was younger, but now his speech is better.

(My son, who has an easier possible nickname does not have a nickname either. We are just not a nickname family.)

kneidel94

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 8:37 pm
Dora

LiLIsraeli

Post Wed, May 20 2020, 9:37 pm
I know a Devi and a Voey. (I always assumed Voey came about because of a mispronunciation and then stuck, but I've never asked.)

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 12:12 am
What is it with the name Devorah that everyone hates it so much today? What did I do to deserve this? Surprised
Signed, Devorah

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 12:16 am
dee's mommy wrote:
My daughter's name is Devorah. Here and only here, she is known as "Dee." (See my screen name.)

We tried to do Devorahleh in early days, but it never stuck. She has no nicknames. My son used to call her "Vorah" when he was younger, but now his speech is better.

(My son, who has an easier possible nickname does not have a nickname either. We are just not a nickname family.)

My daughter's name is Devorah. We call her Bee. Even in school... when she was little she was Beebee

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 12:20 am
Debra

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 1:17 am
I like the name devora and personally hate all those nicknames... But each to their own.
It so much more refined to call someone by a proper name than this weird need to use a name a baby can say... Only my opinion, but I just don't get it.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 3:39 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
What is it with the name Devorah that everyone hates it so much today? What did I do to deserve this? Surprised
Signed, Devorah

Its not that I hate it, just kinda sick of it. My only sister and my only sister in law are both Devorahs.
I like more unique interesting names, israeli ones, etc

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 3:49 am
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
Its not that I hate it, just kinda sick of it. My only sister and my only sister in law are both Devorahs.
I like more unique interesting names, israeli ones, etc

Just because you like other names better, that’s okay. But to say that you’re sick of a name especially to someone with the name is really rude.

salt

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 3:54 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
When I introduced my baby Devorah to our 3 year old, he called her Debaby!

Maybe he was saying "the baby"
Smile

amother
Natural

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 4:05 am
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Just because you like other names better, that’s okay. But to say that you’re sick of a name especially to someone with the name is really rude.

Why, I'm not saying this to your face?
Why is this different from me saying I'm sick of people who are extroverted? In that offensive to all extroverted people?

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 4:18 am
Why, I'm not saying this to your face?
Why is this different from me saying I'm sick of people who are extroverted? In that offensive to all extroverted people?

You’re right screens are different. No feeling behind a screen.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 4:36 am
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
You’re right screens are different. No feeling behind a screen.

I mean it's an opinion. Of course there's feelings. There's a difference in saying:

I don't like the name Sarah
I don't like extroverts.
I find siblings more trouble than it's worth.
I think black is a depressive color and people shouldn't dress in it from head to toe

AND

Amother lime is so annoying.
Everyone named Devorah is an absolute idiot.
Chassidish people are crazy.

Everyone has likes and dislikes.
I would tell people in real life I dislike the name Devorah, let's say were at a park and the woman 2 benches away who overhears happens to be named Devorah. I'm sorry you are offended but people can't possibly plan to never talk about anything they dislike or hate.

If I were to personally PM you saying "I don't like your name" that would be rude. But openly saying your opinion on a forum that is not directed towards anyone?

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 4:45 am
I mean it's an opinion. Of course there's feelings. There's a difference in saying:

I don't like the name Sarah
I don't like extroverts.
I find siblings more trouble than it's worth.
I think black is a depressive color and people shouldn't dress in it from head to toe

AND

Amother lime is so annoying.
Everyone named Devorah is an absolute idiot.
Chassidish people are crazy.

Everyone has likes and dislikes.
I would tell people in real life I dislike the name Devorah, let's say were at a park and the woman 2 benches away who overhears happens to be named Devorah. I'm sorry you are offended but people can't possibly plan to never talk about anything they dislike or hate.

If I were to personally PM you saying "I don't like your name" that would be rude. But openly saying your opinion on a forum that is not directed towards anyone?

I don’t think there’s a point in discussing further. I’m not offended- it’s not even my name but if you can’t hear why you have to voice opinion in a nice tone then something is off.

essie14

Post Thu, May 21 2020, 5:09 am
I have a friend we call Vo.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names