Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Creative/neat wedding gift

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 1:24 pm
A friends daughter was married a few months ago- we did not go to the wedding, but I still wanted to send a gift- I just forgot- well all that is left on her registery now is an iron and a toilet bowl cleaner and plunger... now I could by the bathroom items and write something hysterical and they will always remeber it is from us... but not loving that as a wedding gift. We could just give a check- but would rather get a gift in the $50 range...
suggestions??

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 1:38 pm
Get them a gift certificate to a restaurant and tell them to have a date night on you.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 1:41 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Get them a gift certificate to a restaurant and tell them to have a date night on you.

Great idea
A neighbor of my parents got me a really good suitcase set about a year after my wedding as a wedding present. I use it all the time still ten years later.
I know someone who gave a portable grill and propane as a wedding gift. Also really different.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 1:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
A friends daughter was married a few months ago- we did not go to the wedding, but I still wanted to send a gift- I just forgot- well all that is left on her registery now is an iron and a toilet bowl cleaner and plunger... now I could by the bathroom items and write something hysterical and they will always remeber it is from us... but not loving that as a wedding gift. We could just give a check- but would rather get a gift in the $50 range...
suggestions??

If you can wait another month or so, what about a honey container for Rosh Hashana (unless that was on their registry).

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 3:36 pm
love these ideas!

tichellady

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 4:00 pm
A few cookbooks

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 4:01 pm
We like to get couples board games. It's something they wouldn't spend money on that can be fun to do together.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 4:41 pm
One great wedding gift that we received was a basic tool kit with all the tools I've soul's have in their home (in had a hammer, various wrenches and pliers, tape measure, nails, etc). Anther gift we received, and have since given a similar gift, is a really nice bottle of wine due to mature in one/two/five years, so you're giving them a wedding AND anniversary gift.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 8:20 pm
A challa cover with their names in hebrew or mishpachas_____..... Fake leather.from seforim store may end up closer to 75$

out-of-towner

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 8:32 pm
tichellady wrote:
A few cookbooks

This is all I wanted when I got married. I wouldn't splurge on them myself but I appreciated someone buying them for me!

Or along those lines, a gift certificate to a Seforim store is usually appreciated and not always thought of, so that the couple can buy Seforim that they want to have in their home.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 8:53 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
We like to get couples board games. It's something they wouldn't spend money on that can be fun to do together.

Sooo cute!!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 8:54 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
One great wedding gift that we received was a basic tool kit with all the tools I've soul's have in their home (in had a hammer, various wrenches and pliers, tape measure, nails, etc). Anther gift we received, and have since given a similar gift, is a really nice bottle of wine due to mature in one/two/five years, so you're giving them a wedding AND anniversary gift.

That was on their registry and when I saw it months ago I should have snag it for them!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 8:55 pm
tichellady wrote:
A few cookbooks

With the price of cookbooks these days I think I would only be able to get them 1 or 2 LOL

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 8:58 pm
I'm sure they'd appreciate the nessecities off their registry. You don't need to be embarrassed giving something they asked for!
If you don't want to give that, some other ideas.
- we got a shofar, we thought it was really funny, but DH really appreciated it. He uses it to blow shofar for the kids & I every day in Elul.
- you can do a personalized gift, frame their invitation, or dry flowers to match her bouquet and frame.
- a sign for their door "mishpachat ______"
- nice tzedaka box ( the kind that can nail into the wall)
- leichter tray

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 9:07 pm
Are you artistic? Buy cheap stemware and glass etching materials and etch a design or their initials with the first letter of the last name in the middle. You can get just 6 glasses

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 10:27 pm
Popcorn machine

familyfirst

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 11:56 pm
Best to check if they got those items since the wedding...
$50 won’t cover restaurant and won’t buy too many cookbooks
We got a combined wedding and baby present and really enjoyed it
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics